New Doos'

Poncho

1 hour ago, irv said:

That's a nice looking sled, Aaron. :bc: Is that a 129 or a 136? 

Thank you. It is a 137. The turbos only come in that length. 2000 k’s on it now. It’s a love hate relationship. I like my 2 strokes so it’s taken a bit to adjust to this sled 

9 hours ago, 04nightfire said:

Thank you. It is a 137. The turbos only come in that length. 2000 k’s on it now. It’s a love hate relationship. I like my 2 strokes so it’s taken a bit to adjust to this sled 

I bet the B-hole has taken some adjustments to yeah big homo. :fuckyou:

• Like 2

9 hours ago, 04nightfire said:

How does it compare to the SBA?  

2 hours ago, Reevester said:

I bet the B-hole has taken some adjustments to yeah big homo. :fuckyou:

Farts still squeak the same.  :news:

1 hour ago, Usedtoskidoo said:

50 mile Muskoka loops...…………………...

Jesus sled 2.0 would be perfect for that.  Put it in David Suzuki mode (ECO-mode) and all the granola eating, cross country skiing, long haired hippy, Subaru driving, skinny jean wearing, starbucks drink types would be happy

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

How does it compare to the SBA?  

It is a lot more comfortable ride than the assault but not nearly as fun.  I would say fuel consumption is about the same but I don't have to worry about adding oil.  I'm becoming at peace with it but can't decide if I will off it after warranty or put a 200 hp tune on it

1 hour ago, 04nightfire said:

Farts still squeak the same.  :news:

Jesus sled 2.0 would be perfect for that.  Put it in David Suzuki mode (ECO-mode) and all the granola eating, cross country skiing, long haired hippy, Subaru driving, skinny jean wearing, starbucks drink types would be happy

It is a lot more comfortable ride than the assault but not nearly as fun.  I would say fuel consumption is about the same but I don't have to worry about adding oil.  I'm becoming at peace with it but can't decide if I will off it after warranty or put a 200 hp tune on it

most 4 strokes are too heavy for the smaller trails

1 hour ago, 04nightfire said:

I haven't had a problem as of yet but will say a nicely set up 600  would work well in the tight and twisty trails 

ya no matter what rider or machine in tight trails a well set up 600 or 800 would take a 4 stroke without beating the crap out of you as a rider

15 hours ago, 04nightfire said:

Thanks Aaron. Someone in the sledding post in CE (Kev) told me you could get the Turbos in a 129 length. I thought I had read where you said 137 only so I wanted to double check. :bc:

1 hour ago, irv said:

Thanks Aaron. Someone in the sledding post in CE (Kev) told me you could get the Turbos in a 129 length. I thought I had read where you said 137 only so I wanted to double check. :bc:

Never a problem.  There are a lot of guys that want it in a 129 but DOO isn't making them

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, 04nightfire said:

Never a problem.  There are a lot of guys that want it in a 129 but DOO isn't making them

Sorry I said the 900 non turbo was in 129 at least last year :dunno: I don't know if Irv was interested in a turbo 

31 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

Sorry I said the 900 non turbo was in 129 at least last year :dunno: I don't know if Irv was interested in a turbo 

No worries, Kev. I thought I mentioned if I was going to go with a 900 it would have to be of the Turbo variety? I could be wrong or maybe I didn't make that clear enough but I definitely think that's the route I'd go if I chose a 900 Doo. :bc:

Just now, irv said:

No worries, Kev. I thought I mentioned if I was going to go with a 900 it would have to be of the Turbo variety? I could be wrong or maybe I didn't make that clear enough but I definitely think that's the route I'd go if I chose a 900 Doo. :bc:

I'd try both Irv.  I don't mind the 900 non turbo in sport mode.  Again it's no power house but works well.   

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, irv said:

I don't think I could do a 4-stroke that wasn't turbo.

• Like 2

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

I don't think I could do a 4-stroke that wasn't turbo.

My Vec nor the Apex need to be turboed, imo, but I guess it boils down to how fast you want to go or how much power is enough? I have zero desire to be the first across the lake but from what I gather, the 900 is a little lacking without the turbo? I'll never know unless I am able to ride both but I think if I had to choose today, the Turbo is what I would pick?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, irv said:

My Vec nor the Apex need to be turboed, imo, but I guess it boils down to how fast you want to go or how much power is enough? I have zero desire to be the first across the lake but from what I gather, the 900 is a little lacking without the turbo? I'll never know unless I am able to ride both but I think if I had to choose today, the Turbo is what I would pick?

The vec wouldn't keep pace with a 600 and it would outrun the 900 non-turbo.  You might not need it, but would likely regret it if you didn't get it.

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

The vec wouldn't keep pace with a 600 and it would outrun the 900 non-turbo.  You might not need it, but would likely regret it if you didn't get it.

Keep pace across a lake? The only thing holding it back on the trail would be the weight of it, not the power, imo, but that also depends on the rider I suppose? I guess, however, as I haven't ridden any newer 600's, maybe they would clean it's clock in a race across the lake, I don't know? :dunno: The Vec is classified as a 600 sled where the Apex is a 800. 

3 minutes ago, irv said:

Keep pace across a lake? The only thing holding it back on the trail would be the weight of it, not the power, imo, but that also depends on the rider I suppose? I guess, however, as I haven't ridden any newer 600's, maybe they would clean it's clock in a race across the lake, I don't know? :dunno: The Vec is classified as a 600 sled where the Apex is a 800. 

My son's 600 beat my Yamaha and is much more fun to ride.

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

My son's 600 beat my Yamaha and is much more fun to ride.

What year Yammie and what make? I have no doubt whatsoever that the newer rides are much nicer riding/handling than my Vector, but at what cost? That is what I found a few years ago when I took a newer Yammy/Cat for spin at demo days. It was somewhat better in a couple places but not $8 to $10 grand better. Truth be known, I wasn't overly impressed with it, especially the fit and finish and the cheap feel to it.

1 minute ago, irv said:

What year Yammie and what make? I have no doubt whatsoever that the newer rides are much nicer riding/handling than my Vector, but at what cost? That is what I found a few years ago when I took a newer Yammy/Cat for spin at demo days. It was somewhat better in a couple places but not $8 to $10 grand better. Truth be known, I wasn't overly impressed with it, especially the fit and finish and the cheap feel to it.

05 RSVenture.  Heavy/ boring but did the job at the time.  

Can't tell you what is worth it to you. 

I prefer the 2-strokes anyway and I am pretty brand neutral when it comes to sleds.

6 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

05 RSVenture.  Heavy/ boring but did the job at the time.  

Can't tell you what is worth it to you. 

I prefer the 2-strokes anyway and I am pretty brand neutral when it comes to sleds.

A little old/dated compared to my Vec so I can see that. The only 600's I ever sorta/kinda raced were my 95 XLT and my buds 97. I had no trouble leaving them behind in a hurry but those are also old school tech. The only sled I have never owned, not counting my son's Kitty Cat, is an Arctic Cat sled. Doo's most of my life growing up then Poo's until I purchased my Vector, which was my first ever Yamaha sled. 

Edited by irv