New Ski-Doo's

irv

45 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

They have been known for being slow, freezing up steering (dangerous) and no starts to start the list.  

106-116 on gps is far from slow, cmon man.  That’s on a 137”:track too,  average 800 struggles to crack 100.  

25 minutes ago, Edmo said:

Hard to believe they don’t find this stuff in testing. :flush: 

Mine hasn’t had any of those issues in1800 miles.  I’m thinking Aaron’s sled might have gotten left out in the rain and then something froze up. 

2 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

106-116 on gps is far from slow, cmon man.  That’s on a 137”:track too,  average 800 struggles to crack 100.  

Mine hasn’t had any of those issues in1800 miles.  I’m thinking Aaron’s sled might have gotten left out in the rain and then something froze up. 

The non start issue has been a common 900 ace thing.   We have one in our group that has had a no start a few times.  Just have to fiddle with the relay but still a pain at -40

9 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

The non start issue has been a common 900 ace thing.   We have one in our group that has had a no start a few times.  Just have to fiddle with the relay but still a pain at -40

The 1200s had that too...nbd

2 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

How common?  Most who have them haven't seen that.

Check hcs.  It's mostly about getting snow in, the turbo melts it and it freezes and locks the steering.   Apparently if you believe hcs, doo is aware and working on something 

Just now, Kev144 said:

Check hcs.  It's mostly about getting snow in, the turbo melts it and it freezes and locks the steering.   Apparently if you believe hcs, doo is aware and working on something 

I believe they are adding the filters in 2020 but will they work.

Just now, Reevester said:

Maine must have got all the fast ones. 

And must have gotten the early fixes for the issues documentes on hcs and doo talk from valcourt before any the others :bc: 

9 hours ago, irv said:

Like what, Aaron? 

Steering froze cock stiff

2 times I had a completely dead machine

I have developed a vibration at anything over 140 that'll shake your teeth out

an insane amount of pressure in the tank to the point if you spin the cap off it will shoot up about 8" into the air

engine oil is at the fill line

throttle surge coming into corners.  It will actually start to accelerate even though you aren't touching the throttle if you blip it before.  Doesn't come to idle quick like a 2 stroke.  Just have to know it may happen and adjust but I did have a few oh shit moments.

Mine has a lag in it

random high idles

Backfiring 

clunking in reverse.  Usually means the secondary spring is broken

Some of these problems were on my first trip with it.  Took it to the dealer and they told me they couldn't find a problem with it.

Edited by 04nightfire

49 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I've heard that there is a service bulletin on the sled coming out but haven't gotten anything yet

41 minutes ago, 04nightfire said:

Steering froze cock stiff

2 times I had a completely dead machine

I have developed a vibration at anything over 140 that'll shake your teeth out

an insane amount of pressure in the tank to the point if you spin the cap off it will shoot up about 8" into the air

engine oil is at the fill line

throttle surge coming into corners.  It will actually start to accelerate even though you aren't touching the throttle if you blip it before.  Doesn't come to idle quick like a 2 stroke.  Just have to know it may happen and adjust but I did have a few oh shit moments.

Mine has a lag in it

random high idles

Backfiring 

clunking in reverse.  Usually means the secondary spring is broken

Some of these problems were on my first trip with it.  Took it to the dealer and they told me they couldn't find a problem with it.

The guys up north said they had a pinched vent line on the one tank and it got sucked in and left nasty mark on the side of the tank. :dunno:

12 minutes ago, Reevester said:

The guys up north said they had a pinched vent line on the one tank and it got sucked in and left nasty mark on the side of the tank. :dunno:

I checked mine and it is good.  Some are sucking in and actually cracking the tank.  BRP is warrantying those.  Mine is building pressure and won't release until you take the cap off.  Diesel's sled is the same

12 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

My G4 had the frozen steering. Fixed it myself.

Filtered vent are now available.

They just came out with the filter vent for the 900 turbo.  Guys are saying on DOOtalk that it doesn't work.  Some were taping off every vent and even taping off the intercooler opening but were still getting frozen steering

1 minute ago, 04nightfire said:

I checked mine and it is good.  Some are sucking in and actually cracking the tank.  BRP is warrantying those.  Mine is building pressure and won't release until you take the cap off.  Diesel's sled is the same

Hey be thankful you didnt buy a cat....most parts are backordered till july.

:lol:

1 minute ago, 04nightfire said:

They just came out with the filter vent for the 900 turbo.  Guys are saying on DOOtalk that it doesn't work.  Some were taping off every vent and even taping off the intercooler opening but were still getting frozen steering

Mine worked. 900 na.

• Like 1