New Ski-Doo's

irv

1 hour ago, 04nightfire said:

Steering froze cock stiff

2 times I had a completely dead machine

I have developed a vibration at anything over 140 that'll shake your teeth out

an insane amount of pressure in the tank to the point if you spin the cap off it will shoot up about 8" into the air

engine oil is at the fill line

throttle surge coming into corners.  It will actually start to accelerate even though you aren't touching the throttle if you blip it before.  Doesn't come to idle quick like a 2 stroke.  Just have to know it may happen and adjust but I did have a few oh shit moments.

Mine has a lag in it

random high idles

Backfiring 

clunking in reverse.  Usually means the secondary spring is broken

Some of these problems were on my first trip with it.  Took it to the dealer and they told me they couldn't find a problem with it.

Wow! That's enough for me to stop thinking about one!

Thanks, and good luck with everything. :bc:

Steering froze cock stiff

2 times I had a completely dead machine

I have developed a vibration at anything over 140 that'll shake your teeth out

an insane amount of pressure in the tank to the point if you spin the cap off it will shoot up about 8" into the air

engine oil is at the fill line

throttle surge coming into corners.  It will actually start to accelerate even though you aren't touching the throttle if you blip it before.  Doesn't come to idle quick like a 2 stroke.  Just have to know it may happen and adjust but I did have a few oh shit moments.

Mine has a lag in it

random high idles

Backfiring 

clunking in reverse.  Usually means the secondary spring is broken

Some of these problems were on my first trip with it.  Took it to the dealer and they told me they couldn't find a problem with it.

Hmm.  Haven't placed deposit yet.:lol:

1 minute ago, irv said:

Ive had buddies who had lots of problems with yammis over the yrs....better sell yours

:lol:

5 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Ive had buddies who had lots of problems with yammis over the yrs....better sell yours

:lol:

Touch wood but no issues with mine in the 9yrs I've owned it.

The list of Doo problems 04 spoke of are unacceptable, especially when it sounds like Doo is unwilling to do anything about them. A problem here or there I could see happening with a new sled, but not that many, especially the throttle surge coming into a corner. 

7 minutes ago, irv said:

Touch wood but no issues with mine in the 9yrs I've owned it.

The list of Doo problems 04 spoke of are unacceptable, especially when it sounds like Doo is unwilling to do anything about them. A problem here or there I could see happening with a new sled, but not that many, especially the throttle surge coming into a corner. 

Yammi didnt fix any of my buddies probs....

They are all on 1200s or 900aces now.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, irv said:

The only widespread issue is the frozen steering. Sounds like the filter will solve it and of course if you’re not tailgating someone it won’t be an issue regardless. It’s the most reliable performance sled for ‘20 hands down. :bc: 

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, rump-rider said:

The only widespread issue is the frozen steering. Sounds like the filter will solve it and of course if you’re not tailgating someone it won’t be an issue regardless. It’s the most reliable performance sled for ‘20 hands down. :bc: 

They aren't even out yet, and you've come to that conclusion?  The filter as described has not worked yet.  Cant make this koolaide blunder stuff up :lol:  

6 minutes ago, rump-rider said:

I don't know 04 personally but I trust his opinions enough to know that he isn't very likely to be making things up. Maybe he got a lemon, who knows, but I trust those problems exist on his sled and therefore likely others as well.  

I am just kicking tires anyways and until I can justify purchasing a new(er) one, it will likely be a couple of years out before that happens. Truthfully, right now, I am liking what I am reading about Poo's suspension and handling and despite the engine rumor(s) going around, I think, for the most part, those are exactly that, just rumors. :dunno:

7 minutes ago, irv said:

I don't know 04 personally but I trust his opinions enough to know that he isn't very likely to be making things up. Maybe he got a lemon, who knows, but I trust those problems exist on his sled and therefore likely others as well.  

I am just kicking tires anyways and until I can justify purchasing a new(er) one, it will likely be a couple of years out before that happens. Truthfully, right now, I am liking what I am reading about Poo's suspension and handling and despite the engine rumor(s) going around, I think, for the most part, those are exactly that, just rumors. :dunno:

There is one on dootalk 15000+ miles. No frozen steering and just a few issues. One being a burned bulb.....

15 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

There is one on dootalk 15000+ miles. No frozen steering and just a few issues. One being a burned bulb.....

I do believe he or his buddy's did end up with steering froze up.  Problems aren't on every sled.  Some are good and some are bad.  15000 mile guy also said he is leading all the time so he doesn't get the snow dust.  I think I just got the luck of the draw with mine as woolie hasn't had a problem with his.  Some of my problems showed up within the first 200 km's of riding.  High gas tank pressure showed up in the first 100 feet of ownership.

27 minutes ago, irv said:

I wouldn't take my experience into the deciding factor.  It is a comfortable ride and power is pretty good.  I most likely got the one made on the Friday of a long weekend

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I wouldn't take my experience into the deciding factor.  It is a comfortable ride and power is pretty good.  I most likely got the one made on the Friday of a long weekend

You're just a drama queen, from what I hear.

On 3/14/2019 at 9:30 PM, 04nightfire said:

No. Tops for me was a few years ago when I bought the nytro. Did 2000. This turbo is not the sled for me. Doesn’t fit me well and has had some problems 

So what are you going to replace it with?

1 minute ago, Reevester said:

Got hurt the doo boyz when an 840 beats the prized 850 doo and the 900turd. :lol:

The only thing they've beat them to is to the dealer for a blow engine. 

Edited by SVT Renegade XRS
  • Haha 1