Ride in the Ganny today

mrholmquist

Ride starting in Birkton, Long Sault trails were in great shape today . Crossed the 115 and into the forest trails still nice a bit rougher . rode the forest this afternoon and into Bewdley for lunch . Nearing Bewdley it was apparent there had been significant rain. Signs of thaw and refrozen left trails with ice patches esp in corners. having said that most of the ganny trails were quite nice and the group had an enjoyable ride

Edited by mrholmquist
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, mrholmquist said:

Ride starting in Birkton, Long Sault trails were in great shape today . Crossed the 115 and into the forest trails still nice a bit rougher . rode the forest this afternoon and into Bewdley for lunch . Nearing Bewdley it was apparent there had been significant rain. Signs of thaw and refrozen left trails with ice patches esp in corners. having said that most of the ganny trails were quite nice and the group had an enjoyable ride

Were there lots out today, Mr. H? 

1 hour ago, mrholmquist said:

of the ganny trails were quite nice 

Been trying to get down and ride the forest for a couple years and get euchred for snow  how much snow did you get down there.Joe

On 2/17/2019 at 9:49 AM, mrholmquist said:

Not really sure the total amount was probably around 12" . then it got warm and there was some melt off . The amount of melt was as i noted above different in different areas of the forest.

Never been in the Ganny in the winter always been on the hit list,many trips in the summer months great spot for a little ATVing although its too busy on the weekends anymore we generally would stage corner Sandaraska Rd and Porter jus off 115,the Chinese food place in Pontypool great place to eat or grab a sub at the deli next door nice area down there,the wife and I attended a car show a bit further down the 115 last summer behind/beside the petro can/ Timmys it was impressive some wild hardware on display.Joe

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Poncho said:

I just drove pass the Ganny on the way home from the cottage. Tons of sleds, not a ton of snow but enough for a 19 year old kid with a long track Rene and turbo’d 850 jumping 2 foot snow banks.

:lol:I'm hoping to check it tomorrow? Plan on leaving from the PPSCH then head east. I'd like to venture north and do the island trails but my gut tells me the fields will be fairly thin? +4 and rain on Sunday they are calling for now so I'll have to take what I am given. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, bladefever said:

Its called trenching...... Did you stop to witness and side hill action.... Asking for a friend.

No but there was a bunch of side hill action happening in the Tim Hortons parking lot. 

• Haha 2