Twin Spar Cat guys I need some advice

I know my f8 is not all that so let's not go there. But WTF was cat thinking putting a 1 in track on a 800 Sno Pro? I need studs this thing is so squirrely it's spins everywhere even though it's only a hundred and forty horse. What do you guys suggest for studs I'm only doing minimal in the center. What have you guys used on your Twin Spars thay worked in the past? BTW, black Cats FTMFW!

That 1 inch track was for speed. Beyond trail riding it’s worthless. I’d put at least 3 studs per bar, more of you want them on the outside.

Or just get the ripsaw 2. So much better all around track.

what ever studs are on sale will do the job .

I always ran twin hole backers for studs when I ran studs . way less chance for pullout and bending 

still for avrage trail running 2 studs,per bar would be fine 

did you soften the rear springs a bit and tighten the front skid shock  a few turns ? and or loosen the limmiter  strap1 hole to get a bit more transfer ?

May help till you get studs in it 

then find a used pipe and y pipe  for that thing you need no fuel box and will get you to the 155ish HP range 

Just now, Ez ryder said:

what ever studs are on sale will do the job .

I always ran twin hole backers for studs when I ran studs . way less chance for pullout and bending 

still for avrage trail running 2 studs,per bar would be fine 

did you soften the rear springs a bit and tighten the front skid shock  a few turns ? and or loosen the limmiter  strap1 hole to get a bit more transfer ?

May help till you get studs in it 

then find a used pipe and y pipe  for that thing you need no fuel box and will get you to the 155ish HP range 

You cant run a y and pipe on that motor without fuel. Maybe on an m8 over 7k feet or something but not at sea level

2 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

08 f8 .

I ran a y and a bmp pipe in mn no fuel box for 2 yrs . 

Are you kidding? I've never heard of that and never even seen it recommended.

Not calling you a liar but no pipe maker for that motor states you can run it without fuel

Our Fatt Azz single pipes fit right into the stock muffler or our lightweight muffler. Bolt on 15-17 horsepower when used with our high flow manifold! This pipe has a lot of grunt and makes peak power at 7700-7800 RPM. It also works awesome with big bore motors. Power Commander fuel controller required. For best results use our Stage 2 Clutch Kit.

I bought it from my bud he set it up . I honestly can't remember if they did anything with the head or timing I don't think so but not 100%

it was set up for 660feet but I ran it as a trail sled for a yr then my wife ran it for a yr .

I sold it to a bud and as of last winter I know it was still being used as a guest sled in Cable WI with like 8k on it 

3 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

I bought it from my bud he set it up . I honestly can't remember if they did anything with the head or timing I don't think so but not 100%

it was set up for 660feet but I ran it as a trail sled for a yr then my wife ran it for a yr .

I sold it to a bud and as of last winter I know it was still being used as a guest sled in Cable WI with like 8k on it 

I bet he was running that fuel pressure regulator that bmp used for a while. In the beginning they just bumped fuel pressure and let it run fat down low. It was adequate for top end fueling. You probably would have never even seen it

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I bet he was running that fuel pressure regulator that bmp used for a while. In the beginning they just bumped fuel pressure and let it run fat down low. It was adequate for top end fueling. You probably would have never even seen it

yeah we ran those a lot on the 700s 

prob the case they ran that sled and a x fire at hay days the x fire did a lot better so he sold me that f8 with like 40 mi on it for 5500 cash I could not  not buy it 

4 hours ago, GreenStreak said:

I know my f8 is not all that so let's not go there. But WTF was cat thinking putting a 1 in track on a 800 Sno Pro? I need studs this thing is so squirrely it's spins everywhere even though it's only a hundred and forty horse. What do you guys suggest for studs I'm only doing minimal in the center. What have you guys used on your Twin Spars thay worked in the past? BTW, black Cats FTMFW!

I had the 1 3/8 Cobra on mine and it was total night and day difference to the stock 1 inch  ripsaw 1 that was on the demo that I rode . Should be able to find a lightly used 1 1/4 rip2 for a decent price . The cobra's work well but they do not hold up well under low snow and rocky shit .  If you swap it getthe updated carriage bolt ring that goes in the front as the 07 and 08's rubbed on the track

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, GreenStreak said:

I am only putting studs in the middle. Will I need tunnel protectors if they are only in the middle?

Get a new track...forget about the studs...get an ice ripper if you need studs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 minutes ago, DAVE said:

No need for studs

Ya would not have said that if ya rode with us last weekend. The one dude without studs was amazed he made the whole trip without having to chuck his drawers in the woods.

Just now, steve from amherst said:

Ya would not have said that if ya rode with us last weekend. The one dude without studs was amazed he made the whole trip without having to chuck his drawers in the woods.

Ive ridden ice up trails plenty of places...and ive had studs...just prefer without....as long as I can steer im good.

10 minutes ago, DAVE said:

No need for studs

You go with that. I've done probably close to 80k miles in my life I'll stick with using studs. I seen retards all over in the rhubarb this past week. One with use with a shitty pre studded track spinning away. 

• Like 2