Weekend thread!!!!!11

SSFB

Just now, f7ben said:

Quit babbling bullshit. You don't have any experience with what you're talking about.

Apparently either do you. If you think a secondary set up for a 200hp set up is going to provide enough grip for an extra 100hp you have OBVIOUSLY never clutched a sled before,,, EVER regardless of engine format. I'm guessing all those guys running stock clutching with an extra 100 hp are the same guys that blow a belt a weekend and think its because of the power.

Just now, HSR said:

Apparently either do you. If you think a secondary set up for a 200hp set up is going to provide enough grip for an extra 100hp you have OBVIOUSLY never clutched a sled before,,, EVER regardless of engine format. I'm guessing all those guys running stock clutching with an extra 100 hp are the same guys that blow a belt a weekend and think its because of the power.

So you have a good clutch setup at 7800 rpm......then you add 10lbs of boost and its turning 8800 rpm

What would you change?

Ben head on over to HCS and start a thread in the turbo forum and see how far ya get. You know,,, where there is guys that know 1000000000X more than you. I'm sure Tommcat could use a laugh.

Just now, HSR said:

Ben head on over to HCS and start a thread in the turbo forum and see how far ya get. You know,,, where there is guys that know 1000000000X more than you. I'm sure Tommcat could use a laugh.

I asked you.....what would you change.

I have run them.....I know guys that run them. 

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

So you have a good clutch setup at 7800 rpm......then you add 10lbs of boost and its turning 8800 rpm

What would you change?

Where is the peak HP now with the extra boost?

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

I asked you.....what would you change.

I have run them.....I know guys that run them. 

I would add primary weight until it dropped off 8800 and then take a little off. Then I would check for belt heat and start stiffening up the secondary spring to prevent slippage. Next would be to try a little more aggressive helix for faster shift

Just now, HSR said:

I would add primary weight until it dropped off 8800 and then take a little off. Then I would check for belt heat and start stiffening up the secondary spring to prevent slippage. Next would be to try a little more aggressive helix for faster shift

Why add more weight.....its fine at 8800

More weight to squeeze the belt harder due to the extra power . Why do you think you run more weight in any sled when it makes more power?? Why wouldn't you address the secondary as well??

2 minutes ago, HSR said:

More weight to squeeze the belt harder due to the extra power . Why do you think you run more weight in any sled when it makes more power?? Why wouldn't you address the secondary as well??

Complete bullshit.....you can run less weight and less spring too. Or you can change nothing. 

Do you think all these guys running 4 stage tunes change clutching for every click of the dial?

Sweet fuck man you are lost

It's going to squeeze harder as you spin it faster

Edited by f7ben

2 minutes ago, HSR said:

Your understanding of clutching is about on par with SDI vs DI. Just wow.

G'night Benny

So the same weights arent exerting more force as the rpm rises?????

Are you Snowrider???

3 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

4 stroke ones in particular. A triple piper rarely blows a belt. 

I’ve  seen tra ramps chewed to shit on a 1200. 

STM wouldnt warranty any of their clutches for 1200....they would gall the taper so bad you couldnt get them off the PTO 

Just now, f7ben said:

STM wouldnt warranty any of their clutches for 1200....they would gall the taper so bad you couldnt get them off the PTO 

Now that I haven’t seen. Just internals ate to shit