Weekend thread!!!!!11

SSFB

Went to the Wild game Friday night.  Fawkin losers blew a 3 goal lead.  Good seats though and tickets were free.

Saturday night went to Monster Jam with my with nephews.  Pretty good show for the kids.  Couldn't believe how loud those things were.

Max D blew and engine over the finish line during the semi-finals of racing.  Drove it back to the pits right away, leaving a huge oil slick along the way.  They swapped the engine in under an hour to make freestyle (which he won).

Drinking coffee now and listening to Pandora.  Snowing pretty good, 2-4" inches expected.  Will hit the trails in a couple hours.  Need to ride the section I'm going to help sign next year.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

Went to the Wild game Friday night.  Fawkin losers blew a 3 goal lead.  Good seats though and tickets were free.

Saturday night went to Monster Jam with my with nephews.  Pretty good show for the kids.  Couldn't believe how loud those things were.

Max D blew and engine over the finish line during the semi-finals of racing.  Drove it back to the pits right away, leaving a huge oil slick along the way.  They swapped the engine in under an hour to make freestyle (which he won).

Drinking coffee now and listening to Pandora.  Snowing pretty good, 2-4" inches expected.  Will hit the trails in a couple hours.  Need to ride the section I'm going to help sign next year.

I've turned off my Wild  games this season than ever before.  I've had about enough of their fuckery and mediocre play.  It's just the same old Wild year after year after year.  Too many options for watching a good game of puck in MN to be watching that shit.

How's the suspension tuning going?  Getting used to those skis yet? 

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I've turned off my Wild  games this season than ever before.  I've had about enough of their fuckery and mediocre play.  It's just the same old Wild year after year after year.  Too many options for watching a good game of puck in MN to be watching that shit.

How's the suspension tuning going?  Getting used to those skis yet? 

I haven't watched much of the Wild this year.  Went to one of the first games, they lost that one too.  Fun to go if they are playing well.  I prefer watching Gopher hockey on the big sheet of ice but they aren't doing well this year either.  NHL should be 4 on 4.

Got the suspension pretty close now I think.  Changes will be pretty small from here on out.  Steering input is way down.  Even small tweaks to the suspension make a big difference in handling.  It definitely goes where I point it now.  Stockers were always a gamble of if and when they would bite.  Might need to dial the compression back a bit once I get some time on some rougher terrain. 

Just need to see if I can keep up now.  :thumb:

Lots of snow around home now.  Pic from my back yard.

oUJ8G5lyhOQFhtE4zXJApJx3y3MQB31-pAiw1PU87yBAglG4ZlRfeY2YbBKLYV9a_nQvqUJd3POgl24LmOhzZYQMokZtk6EB5pFngfKuhCoBRLvQBpacKrNqJxzvr6SQoF_rwC8IKIZ5uKRqTUk5x3ydsqX6ffY3fJMkE1uqx4waT9D07_nn50uxpftd_IcOmTxyxhUPICmC6-9DYZbgwy-aY60V7I2BH_YI4MhKbso8Cnty9jQ3dnos7S5pmKF2gv9jyaGg9HRThv7EYTohXWSm3NLwT78S43mNja-Bpyqb76PpmB8c7ioh9oR3HfhCNLJ_cVdm9HuKXNMtlvYczL5X-g7BU5pgT-6NDEk1lsWjqi8bxt_M-MPZtfTz_gxjwQs9GBFgTakng0Q2TJvZNNsqte0BSKh2yKjHUFpNwyZGeF-2Z-3GXsqEW3SYEgdDwMLX0YdzgPhHa6DpJnimFQVxuQ2akpXVUoNa1Evi-h97xk5RWzeExGtwce6IT0atDFq9bPS4Hhr3r-rD7GtxU-W3rbyAHYDYKuVzRsTpsXTdNkU5sY-PJGlCNnKKMBo2METwqA-wD07oWb0l5oBJ_6gUQQPj6T21j5nXMCCu4Gk3aJ2gXQ59kgzNFEfc0Y-1trEpeZJhQ9GqBBFqO1QlnLcJSKLEfY0=w834-h625-no

38 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

I haven't watched much of the Wild this year.  Went to one of the first games, they lost that one too.  Fun to go if they are playing well.  I prefer watching Gopher hockey on the big sheet of ice but they aren't doing well this year either.  NHL should be 4 on 4.

Got the suspension pretty close now I think.  Changes will be pretty small from here on out.  Steering input is way down.  Even small tweaks to the suspension make a big difference in handling.  It definitely goes where I point it now.  Stockers were always a gamble of if and when they would bite.  Might need to dial the compression back a bit once I get some time on some rougher terrain. 

Just need to see if I can keep up now.  :thumb:

Lots of snow around home now.  Pic from my back yard.

It's like golf.  The fastest way to get better is to play with better players.  These "brisk rides" catch many by surprise.  I've seen many Turbo guys and forum shit talkers get real quiet at the stops (when they finally arrive). Humility can be a great thing.  These rides aren't lake racing and trail bed straight line faggotry.  Rider skill is what matters on these.  I've seen people ride here on 20 year old metal schooling the fuck out of less experienced riders on new sleds.  It's funny watching them try to figure out what's wrong with their sled suspensions during the breaks.  :lol: Hint: it's not just the poorly set up sled.  :lmao: 

Shoot me a PM next time you are up.  I'll show ya round these trails in Duluth a bit.  :bc: 

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

It's like golf.  The fastest way to get better is to play with better players.  These "brisk rides" catch many by surprise.  I've seen many Turbo guys and forum shit talkers get real quiet at the stops (when they finally arrive). Humility can be a great thing.  These rides aren't lake racing and trail bed straight line faggotry.  Rider skill is what matters on these.  I've seen people ride here on 20 year old metal schooling the fuck out of less experienced riders on new sleds.  It's funny watching them try to figure out what's wrong with their sled suspensions during the breaks.  :lol: Hint: it's not just the poorly set up sled.  :lmao: 

Shoot me a PM next time you are up.  I'll show ya round these trails in Duluth a bit.  :bc: 

We used to do the same thing on sport bikes in Wisconsin.  The Calhoun riders with chicken strips didn't last long.  :lol:

The "brisk" rides are a good time.  Those guys are fun to ride with.  Definitely getting faster as I get more seat time.  I'm not the fastest but keep up with them just fine.  Once they hit a few 100 mph + straights they are gone though.  

I'll let you know next time I'm up.  Nothing planned yet but should be up a couple times in March.  Thinking about doing some late season riding up on the Portage.

Last time in Duluth one of the guys I talked with was complaining about those bastards from the cities.  I finished up getting gas and leisurely made my way back to the state trail.  Ended up blowing by their group about 15 minutes down the trail.

On 2/17/2019 at 10:53 AM, f7ben said:

Damn.....cant believe how bad you fucking morons got :owned:

350 miles in two days. 80 of those were in white out conditions near Big Bay. We are leaving to go ride today, while you are not. It’s still the weekend for us! We own all you phaggits.

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

350 miles in two days. 80 of those were in white out conditions near Big Bay. We are leaving to go ride today, while you are not. It’s still the weekend for us! We own all you phaggits.

You and Analer....I bet it's a"whiteout"....facial whiteouts you two turd burgulars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:roundhouse:

36 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

You and Analer....I bet it's a"whiteout"....facial whiteouts you two turd burgulars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:roundhouse:

Best conditions in 5 years and you don’t own a sled? Get the fuck out of here with all your gay talk. Phaggit!

1 minute ago, Woodtick said:

Best conditions in 5 years and you don’t own a sled? Get the fuck out of here with all your gay talk. Phaggit!

Ill buy a sled and stay home next yr and it will likely be a snowless winter again.

Cant win..

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 hours ago, Woodtick said:

Yeah, yeah....I know....it's killing me but the old riding gang sold their sleds and moved on to other things. It's sunny and in the 20's here today....SMH.

On 2/15/2019 at 10:39 PM, HSR said:

Where did I say powerband Ben???? I said if the peak HP occurs at a higher rpm then you must clutch for that rpm. And if you have ever clutched a sled before,,,and no not a kit you bought.You would know that anytime more power is added to a CVT system,changes MUST be made to harness the extra power efficiently and prevent slippage. There is no CVT system yet that will run optimally at largely different HP levels.

HSR?