New tire selection Cooper, General or Hercules

Kivalo

I don’t know.  I’m due for tires this summer.  I’m itching to do something to my truck...not sure what yet.  Think I’m gonna do new Nitto or BFG tires and black wheels?

Meh....Silverado 2500?

21 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I don’t know.  I’m due for tires this summer.  I’m itching to do something to my truck...not sure what yet.  Think I’m gonna do new Nitto or BFG tires and black wheels?

Meh....Silverado 2500?

C&As and BFGs.....you are such a fucking faggot dude :lol:

2 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

BF Goodrich or Michelin's is what I normally buy, same company makes both. Wrangler's have been the worst tires I've ever owned.

That's what I put on the wife's Lexus for a summer tire , No issues . Firestone Winterforce ,1st editions for the winter months.

2 hours ago, Kivalo said:

I looked at them, too. You have them?

I’m prolly on my 5th or 6th set.  Great tires.  Wear very well (that’s why I left BFG’s).

I’m ready for something different again.  Probably a mistake tho....Duratracs are just that good!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kivalo said:

I'm leaning towards the Cooper AT3 4S. 

Do anyone you have experience with these tires?

Cooper Discoverer AT3 4S mount and balance $722.37

DiscovererAT3_4S_full.png.aspx?width=420

General Grabber ATX mount and balance $755.96

_15.jpg

Hercules Terra Trac AT-II mount and balance $700.00ish

product_image0.png?width=380&height=448&

Thats a fair price fer sure.      i ran a set of AT3s on my silverAdo , they wore great 65k on them with a little left when i changed them. they are quite loud imo. decent snow traction till they get a little worn then they suCK.

5 hours ago, Kivalo said:

I'm leaning towards the Cooper AT3 4S. 

Do anyone you have experience with these tires?

Cooper Discoverer AT3 4S mount and balance $722.37

DiscovererAT3_4S_full.png.aspx?width=420

General Grabber ATX mount and balance $755.96

_15.jpg

Hercules Terra Trac AT-II mount and balance $700.00ish

product_image0.png?width=380&height=448&

I have dedicated Cooper snowys on my truck (Avalanche) and my wife's car. Both are an excellent snow tire and the wear rate is phenomenal on both. Going on year 5 with mine and my wife's car 2. I highly recommend them. :bc:

WP_20171201_11_21_57_Pro.jpg

Avalanche.JPG

Av's.JPG

WP_20171128_12_26_14_Pro.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Yup and they are priced very good.

Leo Tire in Leo Indiana sells them for $600 out the door mounted and balanced. Cheapest I could find anywhere in the midwest

• Gold Member
40 minutes ago, old indy said:

Thats a fair price fer sure.      i ran a set of AT3s on my silverAdo , they wore great 65k on them with a little left when i changed them. they are quite loud imo. decent snow traction till they get a little worn then they suCK.

I wondered about that, how soon did the loose their traction? How bad did they lose it?

3 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

I buy most my tires from Discount Tire Direct- online.

I'll look them up.  :bc:

2 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

I wondered about that, how soon did the loose their traction? How bad did they lose it?

they were never great imo and mine were a little wider than stock so they floated pretty easy. at half life i had to use 4wheel drive more than i should have. they drove great otherwise.

7 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

Rereading your post, Kivalo, I am assume you're after an all season tire rather than just a dedicated snow tire? For what it's worth, my father has the Continentals on his Buick Allure and he said they are, by far, one of the best riding tires he has ever experienced. He is soon to be 80 so he has ridden on a few over the years. 

Edited by irv
  • Like 1

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, irv said:

Rereading your post, Kivalo, I am assume you're after an all season tire rather than just a dedicated snow tire? For what it's worth, my father has the Continentals on his Buick Allure and he said they are, by far, one of the best riding tires he has ever experienced. He is soon to be 80 so he has ridden on a few over the years. 

Yep I want some decent traction off road but I dont need a mud tire or anything. Snow/ice/wet traction is most important.

21 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

Yep I want some decent traction off road but I dont need a mud tire or anything. Snow/ice/wet traction is most important.

The generals are awesome for that

• Gold Member
31 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

Duratracs and be done.  They get noise as they wear though

Edited by BOHICA