Thanks to AOC and Her Fellow Democrats, Amazon Just Pulled the Plug on Their NYC Headquarters

43 minutes ago, 01mxz800 said:

how am I in a predicament? if a business wants to move into the "economic capitol" of the world they should be sucking our dicks not the other way around especially the riches man in the world, there is a time and a place for tax incentives this is not 1 of them

Problem is people are leaving the 'economic capital's and there is zero gain for Amazon to be there over another location.

16 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

NYC wasn’t the ideal location for this anyway. Take it to a more rural place, that needs jobs more, and can handle all the after effects. 

might be one of the dumbest posts ever.  you don't fill that kind of job in rural places.  the employers they want to attract want to live in a vibrant city hence all the growth in places Like Boston, chicago, NYC, Austin, DC etc

Just now, Angry ginger said:

might be one of the dumbest posts ever.  you don't fill that kind of job in rural places.  the employers they want to attract want to live in a vibrant city hence all the growth in places Like Boston, chicago, NYC, Austin, DC etc

I didn’t say the country. I said more rural than NYC. Christ our area could handle it just fine, and I’m sure there are plenty of others 

Just now, steve from amherst said:

Probably techies seeing its not a fulfillment center but a headquarters.

They could attract them many other places as well. Places that need the jobs more and again, can handle the after effects. Like driving all the locals out because housing increased dramatically