Thanks to AOC and Her Fellow Democrats, Amazon Just Pulled the Plug on Their NYC Headquarters

• Platinum Contributing Member

Amazon pulled the plug on their new headquarters in New York City, taking with them the billions of dollars that would have gone into the project — and their blaming political hostility from people like Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.)

On 2/15/2019 at 9:15 AM, 01mxz800 said:

Why should NY cough up 3bil in tax credits to them to get them to come here I sure as fuck don't

As opposed to the 27.5 Billion in additional tax revenue over the next 25 years that HQ2 was estimated to generate.  Typical moonbat math.

On 2/15/2019 at 10:15 AM, 01mxz800 said:

Why should NY cough up 3bil in tax credits to them to get them to come here I sure as fuck don't

Well, really, tax credits are just that...credits.  They are unearned money now and would have been then.  The difference is, the employment numbers, and additional sales taxes benefitting the area would have been enormous.  That's why cities/states do these "credits" to bring new companies in.  They eventually pay themselves off and everyone wins.  The ones that win immediately are the ones looking/needing employment or those wanting more choices for employment.

• Gold Member

New York is one of the states that people with average to great wealth are migrating out of for better states to have money and personal wealth.  The word is that New York is one of the states that is going to lose a congressmen after the 2020 census.  Amazon would have increased the population enough to offset this loss

32 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Well, really, tax credits are just that...credits.  They are unearned money now and would have been then.  The difference is, the employment numbers, and additional sales taxes benefitting the area would have been enormous.  That's why cities/states do these "credits" to bring new companies in.  They eventually pay themselves off and everyone wins.  The ones that win immediately are the ones looking/needing employment or those wanting more choices for employment.

NO THAT'S CORPORATE WELFARE .......... AND RACISM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111

1 hour ago, Snoslinger said:

Careful now, you’re sounding like a lib

what I sound like is a NYS taxpayer/business owner who is sick of the Demarats running this state into the shitter and as a resident you should be up in arms about it too politics aside NY is going by the way of California, but keep voting for the "D" there slipknot what could go wrong

5 minutes ago, 01mxz800 said:

what I sound like is a NYS taxpayer/business owner who is sick of the Demarats running this state into the shitter and as a resident you should be up in arms about it too politics aside NY is going by the way of California, but keep voting for the "D" there slipknot what could go wrong

:owned:

39 minutes ago, 01mxz800 said:

Nice deflection :lol:

now back on topic....you’re obviously not into giving corporations tax breaks to land jobs. Conservatives disagree, so take your argument up with your buddies 

4 minutes ago, DAVE said:

The only one whos in a predicament is you!

:lol2:

How so? I agree with mxz, you dumb shit. Too dumb to see that , like everything else. Why are you not arguing with him about this? Instead of running around calling fake owns? :lol:

14 hours ago, Snoslinger said:

Mxz got himself into a little predicament here :lol:

so what should NY have done in this situation?

how am I in a predicament? if a business wants to move into the "economic capitol" of the world they should be sucking our dicks not the other way around especially the riches man in the world, there is a time and a place for tax incentives this is not 1 of them

4 minutes ago, 01mxz800 said:

how am I in a predicament? if a business wants to move into the "economic capitol" of the world they should be sucking our dicks not the other way around especially the riches man in the world, there is a time and a place for tax incentives this is not 1 of them

You are on a predicament because one side of your mouth is saying no tax breaks for corporations, while the other side says they are taxed too high. I am on your side about this dude. I have an idea that would help resolve this problem of the race to the bottom. Charge all corporations one flat, federal tax rate. That money then gets divided up to the states and then the local communities accordingly. This is complete BS sucking dicks and throwing money at corporations to move to certain areas. That will lead nowhere good eventually, with all the fat cats opening businesses is the cheap southeast states