What is the best way to prepare for a valuable employee’s retirement?

15 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Pretty solid advice. Get as much mentoring out of the old valuable employee as you can. 

In 2015-2016 I mentored my 2 replacements for almost 1 full year.  They were imbedded with me for 14 hours per day. They were both experienced people with 10 years with the company.  They took the reins from me in September 2016  

By spring/summer of 2017 both of my replacements had had enough and moved on to other positions.  I got called back from retirement to work a couple of pipeline repair projects.  My response: show me the money.   Now I just do a little consulting from time to time.  Its the best gig ever. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AKIQPilot said:

Pretty solid advice. Get as much mentoring out of the old valuable employee as you can. 

In 2015-2016 I mentored my 2 replacements for almost 1 full year.  They were imbedded with me for 14 hours per day. They were both experienced people with 10 years with the company.  They took the reins from me in September 2016  

By spring/summer of 2017 both of my replacements had had enough and moved on to other positions.  I got called back from retirement to work a couple of pipeline repair projects.  My response: show me the money.   Now I just do a little consulting from time to time.  Its the best gig ever. 

so before you turned into a rw nut job...

:news:

• Haha 1