Yep...It's a National Emergency...Trump and The Turtle

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

You don’t think I’ve been to the border? You think your two week trip makes you woke? You’ve already agreed with me on this, don’t backtrack now...

This isn’t saying border patrol doesn’t want it or there aren’t people coming across. This is saying that there are better uses of our money that will have more effect. This is saying the principle of faking an emergency to supercede the duly elected Congress of the United States is more of an emergency than the 90% reduced illegal crossings will ever be. 

Well said.

3 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

You don’t think I’ve been to the border? You think your two week trip makes you woke? You’ve already agreed with me on this, don’t backtrack now...

This isn’t saying border patrol doesn’t want it or there aren’t people coming across. This is saying that there are better uses of our money that will have more effect. This is saying the principle of faking an emergency to supercede the duly elected Congress of the United States is more of an emergency than the 90% reduced illegal crossings will ever be. 

Ive been here for almost 2 months...

Just now, DAVE said:

Ive been here for almost 2 months...

So? It makes no difference. The hard facts are simple. The vast majority of illegal immigration comes from overstays. Nearly all drugs from the south come through walled and legal ports of entry. That doesn’t discount that the border agents protecting the unwalled areas don’t have struggles. They do. I respect that. I understand their desire for a wall. The problem is, their struggles aren’t the big picture. Pretending they are is a political tool of Trump’s to supercede and go around Congress. That is their job. Not his. Making up a fake emergency is bullshit. 

Just now, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

So? It makes no difference. The hard facts are simple. The vast majority of illegal immigration comes from overstays. Nearly all drugs from the south come through walled and legal ports of entry. That doesn’t discount that the border agents protecting the unwalled areas don’t have struggles. They do. I respect that. I understand their desire for a wall. The problem is, their struggles aren’t the big picture. Pretending they are is a political tool of Trump’s to supercede and go around Congress. That is their job. Not his. Making up a fake emergency is bullshit. 

How do you know that most the drugs are coming over at ports of entry?

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, DAVE said:

He dosnt . ANd no one does. Its an estimate based upon what is captured coming thru entries vs coming across open space. If anyone thinks they will stop the flow of drugs into this country they are living in a fucking fantasy land. You could build a 50 ft high wall along the whole border and stop 100% of it from coming thru crossings and all the drugs that are in demand would still be available on the streets of the US.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DAVE said:

You can go ahead and think all the studies on the topic are lies and left wing propaganda, but that doesn’t mean it isn’t the truth. It’s about scale. A human can only carry so much on their back... A semi going through a port, a tad bit more... 

Do your research. Pick your sources. They will all say that the ports of entry are the vast majority.

You can go ahead and think all the studies on the topic are lies and left wing propaganda, but that doesn’t mean it isn’t the truth. It’s about scale. A human can only carry so much on their back... A semi going through a port, a tad bit more... 

Do your research. Pick your sources. They will all say that the ports of entry are the vast majority.

Dude theres places where theres nothing to stop anything...its a fucking joke.

2 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Dude theres places where theres nothing to stop anything...its a fucking joke.

Actually there are 1350 miles of nothing, yet illegal immigration across the southern border has dropped 90% regardless... The wall obviously isn’t the answer. Adequate man power, drones, tech, etc are. A fence can be scaled. It’s really simple. Not sure why you people can’t see that. The fence slows traffic. The border patrol stop it. Why not invest there first? Becuase that wasn’t Trump’s big campaign promise. A big Wall was.

The truth is right there. If they were serious and this wasn’t political, we could fix it. The problem is, it’s political. I don’t make a lot of black and white statements, but I will here. There is no nuance to this. It’s Trump trying to get his win. At the expense of our Constitution. 

• Platinum Contributing Member

Fat Dave goes on vacation and is now an expert on harder security and doesn't believe the hard facts about how drugs enter this country....priceless!!!:lmao:

Maybe you should load up the boy and patrol the border! 

IMG_4521.JPG.6574ddc6e51a71bedf3ec14653d31b17.JPG

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

5 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Actually there are 1350 miles of nothing, yet illegal immigration across the southern border has dropped 90% regardless... The wall obviously isn’t the answer. Adequate man power, drones, tech, etc are. A fence can be scaled. It’s really simple. Not sure why you people can’t see that. The fence slows traffic. The border patrol stop it. Why not invest there first? Becuase that wasn’t Trump’s big campaign promise. A big Wall was.

The truth is right there. If they were serious and this wasn’t political, we could fix it. The problem is, it’s political. I don’t make a lot of black and white statements, but I will here. There is no nuance to this. It’s Trump trying to get his win. At the expense of our Constitution. 

Smh

3 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Fat Dave goes on vacation and is now an expert on harder security and doesn't believe the hard facts about how drugs enter this country....priceless!!!:lmao:

Maybe you should load up the boy and patrol the border! 

IMG_4521.JPG.6574ddc6e51a71bedf3ec14653d31b17.JPG

Like you know anything from your worn out couch.

:lol:

Just now, DAVE said:

You just said a wall works...

I wrote that confusing. Sorry. My point is this: the wall doesn’t work on its own. Border agents stop crossings. Not the wall. Invest in border patrol and tech first. If we’ve dropped crossings 90%, with no wall, logic dictates we can lower crossings even more with more men before we need a wall. That’s the solution. Not a wall that eats the budget and leaves nothing for manpower. The other point is simple: ROI. The wall doesn’t have the overall effect on illegal immigration like other areas do. Why invest in a lesser area? It’s stupid. 

I wrote that confusing. Sorry. My point is this: the wall doesn’t work on its own. Border agents stop crossings. Not the wall. Invest in border patrol and tech first. If we’ve dropped crossings 90%, with no wall, logic dictates we can lower crossings even more with more men before we need a wall. That’s the solution. Not a wall that eats the budget and leaves nothing for manpower. The other point is simple: ROI. The wall doesn’t have the overall effect on illegal immigration like other areas do. Why invest in a lesser area? It’s stupid. 

I just have to laugh at that statement.  Sorry.

15 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Have you been here?

Dave I get that, but that is not a good arguement. Have you been to legal ports of entry working with customs? Have you dealt with visa overstays? You get immersed in one area, and that’s all you know, but how does thag apply to the big picture? The boots on the ground hardly ever have that. Their problems are real, their concerns, their viewpoints, but they don’t speak to the macro.

If all you’ve been immersed in is the unwalled border, you’d obviously think that’s the big issue. That is just a symptom. The issue is why they are coming. They are coming for jobs. Cut off the jobs. End of problem. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Dave I get that, but that is not a good arguement. Have you been to legal ports of entry working with customs? Have you dealt with visa overstays? You get immersed in one area, and that’s all you know, but how does thag apply to the big picture? The boots on the ground hardly ever have that. Their problems are real, their concerns, their viewpoints, but they don’t speak to the macro.

If all you’ve been immersed in is the unwalled border, you’d obviously think that’s the big issue. That is just a symptom. The issue is why they are coming. They are coming for jobs. Cut off the jobs. End of problem. 

True