Official Iron Dog thread

BOHICA

Sounds like Team 8 and 16 are out and not going to be able to continue. 

Aklestads sled was damaged badly in the crash. Took 3 different teams to help them get the 2 sleds apart. Sounds like the rear triangle brackets that hold the rear suspension in on Tylers sled are ripped from the chassis.  Not good. 

https://www.ktuu.com/content/news/Crash-on-Iron-Dog-trail-leaves-Minnick-injured-505979191.html

Team 10 started dead last and are currently the leaders in McGrath. If Team 20 has a good run north they could land in mcgrath just agead of team 10. 

Team 5 is doing good. Sleds are clean, guys are great. Happy to have a clean run to mcgrath today. 

Team 14 is doing good. Sleds are clean and guys are fast. No issues at all. 

Team 15. A little slower than most people thought but they are on Cats and cats have not proven to be very fast again this year. Lots of racing left. They should pull out of McGrath tomorrow in about 10th place +/-

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hunt_ak said:

Hahahaha. Thats awesome Kyle. Some people are gonna read that and wonder HTF does he know the rear brackets were ripped off the chassis. Lol. 

By the way. Team 14 was the 3rd team there helping to separate the two mangled sleds. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Hahahaha. Thats awesome Kyle. Some people are gonna read that and wonder HTF does he know the rear brackets were ripped off the chassis. Lol. 

By the way. Team 14 was the 3rd team there helping to separate the two mangled sleds. 

I’ve got people!  Hahahaha

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

Sounds like Team 8 and 16 are out and not going to be able to continue. 

Aklestads sled was damaged badly in the crash. Took 3 different teams to help them get the 2 sleds apart. Sounds like the rear triangle brackets that hold the rear suspension in on Tylers sled are ripped from the chassis.  Not good. 

https://www.ktuu.com/content/news/Crash-on-Iron-Dog-trail-leaves-Minnick-injured-505979191.html

well shit there goes both my picks crashing into each other SMH

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Yeah that sucks.....how have you been? 

Okay so far , been busy with family life. My joints are starting to tell me to slow down. But it’s tremendously difficult when my age in my noodle says I’m 20 something. It’s what almost every 50’s something guys deals with ...lol 

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 minutes ago, farmereddie said:

Okay so far , been busy with family life. My joints are starting to tell me to slow down. But it’s tremendously difficult when my age in my noodle says I’m 20 something. It’s what almost every 50’s something guys deals with ...lol 

Damn do I hear ya there....my right knee has been keeping me up at night for the last week...didn't twist, bang, wrench or tweak it....the fucker just hurts!!!! :lmao:

All the teams have been pushing hard through interior Alaska.  The top 3-4 teams are only a couple of minutes apart at the most.  The front runners are about 5 miles out of Ruby, the next checkpoint.  Once they refuel in Ruby it will a spring down the Mighty Yukon River toward the coast.  I think most teams will stop either in Galena or Kaltag.  It's almost 3pm in AK now.  The run down the river will be directly into the setting sun.  It's a beautiful day at about 20f and bright sunshine.  

We should see speeds approaching 90MPH headed down the Yukon.  These guys will have the throttle taped the whole way.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, farmereddie said:

Hate to say it but ..... Just heard  Team 31 has decided to scratch in McGrath . I was pulling for these young guns to get to the finish this year . It cant be easy one bit to scratch out of this race . Heavy hearts here for MN 

The pictures of Bobbys machine last night in Nikolai did not look good.  He basically wiped both A-Arms off the let side and had part of an upper left on the right side.  That kind of hit destroys the chassis even with extra bracing.  

17 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

Team 10 started dead last and are currently the leaders in McGrath. If Team 20 has a good run north they could land in mcgrath just agead of team 10. 

Team 5 is doing good. Sleds are clean, guys are great. Happy to have a clean run to mcgrath today. 

Team 14 is doing good. Sleds are clean and guys are fast. No issues at all. 

Team 15. A little slower than most people thought but they are on Cats and cats have not proven to be very fast again this year. Lots of racing left. They should pull out of McGrath tomorrow in about 10th place +/-

I wonder if their fuel map is hurting them.  Wes's and Alicia's sleds have been the fastest stock class Cats on the ice this year.  107-109mph.

1 minute ago, racinfarmer said:

I wonder if their fuel map is hurting them.  Wes's and Alicia's sleds have been the fastest stock class Cats on the ice this year.  107-109mph.

Maybe.  But they had some problems about an hour ago too.  They stopped about 20 miles from Poorman for at least 20 minutes.  About 3 teams went by them.  They are moving now but not super fast.