Marijuana linked to higher rates of depression and suicide

Rod

16 hours ago, Wildboer said:

I never see anything in any of these studies regarding the possibility of self medication of existing mental illness. I don't see how anyone can trust the results when they're not even trying to account for this likely possibility.

Also, I do fully believe it can trigger schizophrenia. I'd like to see more information on how likely/unlikely it was for that schizophrenia to manifest later without weed use though.

If a kid is living in violent and toxic home, marijuana may actually act as a inoculant against suicide. Unfortunetly it can also set them up for a addiction later in life. To say marijuana causes suicide or severe depression is malarkey. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, awful knawful said:

Guys smoking pot ain't stealing nothing that involves work!

Some dudes smoke and never get off the couch. Others smoke and get more done by noon the most people do in a day.

Same can be said for some who don't smoke

• Like 1

seems like only yesterday they were pushing the commercials against drugs mainly smoke.this is your brain on  blah blah.now it is the wonder fucking drug it pays to get lobbiests behind your product and have ex cops behind you.the rich get blah blah

6 hours ago, Wildboer said:

You have a big Fig Newton's sticker on your windshield and you don't smoke weed? Wtf is wrong with you?

That sticker is dangerous and inconvenient but I sure do love fig newtons!

• Haha 2