Dems, their own worst enemy

1 hour ago, Snoslinger said:

McConnell, the same douchebag who didn’t want a vote on the wall the other week, now wants to have a vote on the green energy plan. Brilliant move. If dems were smart theyd vote no. 

It’s a smart play and this could really fracture the Dem party.  It could be the end for AOC.  Her and Bernie could really put the stink on the Dems if they go indie...or even threaten to.  Dems are a mess right now.  It’s sad.  We’ve got two fucking parties and one can’t decide what message they want to  run on for America.  Trump is gaining power and steam on their kooky and absurd direction.  What you have going for you is, Trump has a mouth and a phone and isn’t afraid to use either.  

BTW, your freshman are really causing you pain and suffering also.  It’s junior high days with some of these clowns.

20 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Tulsi Gabbard and Amy Klobuchar for starters.

Dems are now run by the east and west coast liberal whackos. These two have no chance.  What world do we live in where Booker and Liarwatha are classified as “Teir 1” candidates and Klobuchar and Gabbard are trying to build out of teir 2/3???  Or, I guess what world do the Dems live in?

Unreal.

9 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

They’ve been shooting themselves in the foot since hillary hijacked the party.

they need to drop all this Russia BS and focus on building a platform that people want. Since the last election they’ve been successful in losing the Latino and union vote.  If an election were to be held today trump would win by a wider margin 

You really have to wonder what dumbshit at the top decided that this type of play was the best for the party?  Like I have said before, all the dem party wants to do is run bullshit investigations and leak some type of gotcha information to keep the base interested.  That is not what a party should do to win elections.

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

You mean like this Ed^^^^^^^

45 minutes ago, Edmo said:

Exactly like that. 

Smh, fuckin liberals...

33 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Tulsi Gabbard and Amy Klobuchar for starters.

I like Tulsi the best, even though she's still a capitalist. She'll be portrayed as an extremist though and already has been by her own party. 

Like I said. Choppy time is almost here...

Just now, racer254 said:

You really have to wonder what dumbshit at the top decided that this type of play was the best for the party?  Like I have said before, all the dem party wants to do is run bullshit investigations and leak some type of gotcha information to keep the base interested.  That is not what a party should do to win elections.

Clinton decided it when she infused the bankrupt DNC with money.

Other than that, there is no real leadership in the Dem party.  No plan.  No message.  They are a coalition of grievance groups and split factions of tribal messengers.

21 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Ive said this from the beginning....and slingers response was always this.. 

:lol:

It’s because he’s a cultish partisan retard 

Edited by Rod Johnson

What seems to be at play here are what I like to call the “buster faction”.  They threw a fit in 2016 cause their boy, the more extreme of the two, wasn’t nominated.  Rather than see a moderate who would have done far more to advance their agenda than the Republican offering, they basically said, “If I can’t have it all then I want none of it - humphh!!”  I’m not on Facebook but my wife is and she’s tells me she’s seeing all these same folks threatening the same thing again - vote for my extreme candidate of choice or we’re all gonna bust just to teach you moderates a lesson.  They’re suffering from a bad case of “both sides are the same”.   It’s not like the people who’ve thrown their hats in the ring so far aren’t cognizant of this and that is in my opinion why you’re seeing them try to kowtow to that faction.  They know the rest of us moderates will come along for the ride rather than throw a protest vote to #45, so their calculus has them posturing as more progressive than they probably otherwise would.  The squeaky wheel gets the grease.  But what they fail to see is that by busting, all they’ve done is allow Trump to stack the courts with people who would make any changes they want even more difficult.    And here they are threatening to do it again unless they get their extremist of choice.   Reeeeal smart.

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 hours ago, Snoslinger said:

Why in the hell would you bring up late term abortions, and some crazy green energy proposal that the majority of the country will not favor, when the next election is around the corner?

fucking idiots just handed the repukes two major weapons to use against them in the next election. Neither topic should have been brought up, especially the late term abortion stuff. 

Because you clowns let a bunch of ultra liberals take over your party. That's why cops and union construction workers say " I didn't leave the democrat party, they left me "

2 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Because you clowns let a bunch of ultra liberals take over your party. That's why cops and union construction workers say " I didn't leave the democrat party, they left me "

If slinger would have said this a yr and half ago....he might be taken seriously. 

9 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

We stole the nom from Bernie, you can't say we didn't try to stop it. 

3 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Agreed especially when they have some good moderate candidates they can run for President.

The moderates are afraid to run.   Might not be even one on the ticket.  

1 minute ago, XC.Morrison said:

We stole the nom from Bernie, you can't say we didn't try to stop it. 

You didn't try to stop it. Ya had a perfectly good candidate at the first primary debate and ya chucked him because he answered all lives matter instead of black lives matter. Dude was enough of a centrist to get not only the indy votes but even some crossover votes. No you didn't try to stop it.

3 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

You didn't try to stop it. Ya had a perfectly good candidate at the first primary debate and ya chucked him because he answered all lives matter instead of black lives matter. Dude was enough of a centrist to get not only the indy votes but even some crossover votes. No you didn't try to stop it.

I don't even remember whoever that was.  Is "chucked" really the right term if nobody knew who he was and he couldn't garner much voter support?

Also, Hillary was pretty centrist - just ask Moto.

Edited by XC.Morrison

4 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

And I don't blame you. You are a democrat. Republicans will do the same thing. Yet for slinger and snowdufuss its a bad thing when they do.

They cant admit they lost...when in fact it was their side that cheated.

Huge difference. 

Just now, steve from amherst said:

Jim Webb

Did you not watch the dem debates?

Not religiously.  I vaguely remember a third person involved at the very beginning, but they must not have piqued my interest much.  Apparently I wasn't alone in that regard.

Just now, XC.Morrison said:

Not religiously.  I vaguely remember a third person involved at the very beginning, but they must not have piqued my interest much.  Apparently I wasn't alone in that regard.

He was the 4th. Martin Omally ( Bernie light ) was the 3rd.

Why in the hell would you bring up late term abortions, and some crazy green energy proposal that the majority of the country will not favor, when the next election is around the corner?

fucking idiots just handed the repukes two major weapons to use against them in the next election. Neither topic should have been brought up, especially the late term abortion stuff. 

It’s why people like me can’t vote dem outside of local/state elections. They get pushed so far left into looney tune land that it’s laughable.

McConnell, the same douchebag who didn’t want a vote on the wall the other week, now wants to have a vote on the green energy plan. Brilliant move. If dems were smart theyd vote no. 

McConnel is smart. That’s such a good play. Force the entire 2020 field to vote yes on it and give Trump all the ammo he could need. So smart. Throw late term abortions on there and he can basically give Trump a gift.