Liberals, so desperate to look "cool."

2 minutes ago, oleroule said:

see #2 in the post above yours.

Your number 2 is wrong. That’s the point. Courts can and do interpret laws that are vague such as in the Constitution. That interpretation is considered law until a higher court says otherwise. The SC cannot write law, but their interpretation does hold the weight of law. Sorry. “The end” as you said...

Do you understand what Common Law is? 

2 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Your number 2 is wrong. That’s the point. Courts can and do interpret laws that are vague such as in the Constitution. That interpretation is considered law until a higher court says otherwise. The SC cannot write law, but their interpretation does hold the weight of law. Sorry. “The end” as you said...

Do you understand what Common Law is? 

what law defined natural born citizen that they interpreted?

none, there isn't one...i believe you already stated that.

the end

Edited by oleroule

3 minutes ago, oleroule said:

what law defined natural born citizen that they interpreted?

There was never anything that described what “natural born” meant in the Constitution. It was vague. US v. Wong Kim Ark. set the precedent that expanded on it and being born in the US two non-US citizens made you a natural born citizen. The court decided. That’s the point. Until a time in which the court overturns that ruling, its the law.

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

There was never anything that described what “natural born” meant in the Constitution. It was vague. US v. Wong Kim Ark. set the precedent that expanded on it and being born in the US two non-US citizens made you a natural born citizen. The court decided. That’s the point. Until a time in which the court overturns that ruling, its the law.

Exactly...I was just going to cite that case but don't expect any agreement....he is just one of those guys.

https://www.loc.gov/law/help/citizenship/fourteenth_amendment_citizenship.php

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

11 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

it's not law, the courts can't make law.

• Platinum Contributing Member

thanks for the compliment.

:lmao:

Trust me...it ain't a compliment.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

Courts interpret the law. Their interpretation changes/adds/removes from that law. They absolutely make law. Not in the same way as a legislative body, but they absolutely make law through interpretation. If you can’t agree to that, you have no business in this conversation. It’s fact. It’s not for debate. You can not like it, but that doesn’t change it. 

I’ll ask again... Do you know what common law is? If not, you should google it. It will explain this for you... 

14 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Courts interpret the law. Their interpretation changes/adds/removes from that law. They absolutely make law. Not in the same way as a legislative body, but they absolutely make law through interpretation. If you can’t agree to that, you have no business in this conversation. It’s fact. It’s not for debate. You can not like it, but that doesn’t change it. 

I’ll ask again... Do you know what common law is? If not, you should google it. It will explain this for you... 

you may like the use of english common law but it was something the founders were adamantly against, for good reason.

giving the judiciary that much power is one of the things they were breaking away from.

probably why it's not one of the powers in article three.

2 minutes ago, oleroule said:

you may like the use of english common law but it was something the founders were adamantly against, for good reason.

giving the judiciary that much power is one of the things they were breaking away from.

probably why it's not one of the powers in article three.

Omg. No. We operate on common law. Fuck, look it up. This isn’t for debate. You can’t make shit up just because you’re getting khashoggi’d in here. Bahahahaha are you so against having to admit you were wrong that you need to blatantly lie. It’s 2019, google is not your friend if you’re full of shit. 

I'd love to go back and see what all this fuckery was about.  But as I've seen the terms "Birther", "Natural Born citizen" and "derp" several times at a glance.  I can assume XLT is on the wrong side of an argument again. 

:lol: 

Related image

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

I'd love to go back and see what all this fuckery was about.  But as I've seen the terms "Birther", "Natural Born citizen" and "derp" several times at a glance.  I can assume XLT is on the wrong side of an argument again. 

:lol: 

Related image

This time I’m not. Read it.