A record 7 million Americans are 3 months behind on their car payments, a red flag for the economy

12 minutes ago, s pump said:

Like I said, maybe different there. Other point was Hyundais have been phenomenal cars for value and reliability. Just did check Adessa on OVE, BMW and MB under represented compared to most other brands. 

Well I had a dealer link me up that said different. 

Regardless.:bc:

Oh and I don't care what others think about regarding Hyundai's, they are complete POS's.

25 minutes ago, XC.Morrison said:

What does any of that matter to the initial point?  The initial point being that you could program a robot to perform a financial transaction.  I guess you thought I was specifically talking about some type of specific automation robot that you're the expert of but it was really more of a referral to robots in a very general manner.  No matter how hard you try to hide it, I can tell you were truly offended and that's okay.

This is more what I was thinking of:  https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbestechcouncil/2018/05/01/the-robots-are-coming-to-corporate-finance/#2b5e30856b6e

Just give it a rest.

14 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Just give it a rest.

I'm happy to oblige.  Huh, that reminds me of how Alexa is always happy to oblige me by doing things like buying things.  She can also do other cool stuff like start my wife's Escape, change the channel, or lock the doors all while utterly servo-less and lightweight since she's only a "dot". 

Edited by XC.Morrison

29 minutes ago, XC.Morrison said:

I'm happy to oblige.  Huh, that reminds me of how Alexa is always happy to oblige me by doing things like buying things.  She can also do other cool stuff like start my wife's Escape, change the channel, or lock the doors all while utterly servo-less and lightweight since she's only a "dot". 

O.o

1 hour ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

Assembly is getting pretty automated already and will continue to until it's probly 70% of the process . Parts and tooling are where the real jobs are in that industry :bc:

Don’t forget mopping the floor. You been to the dentist lately?

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, XC.Morrison said:

Clueless fuck.

1 hour ago, XC.Morrison said:

What does any of that matter to the initial point?  The initial point being that you could program a robot to perform a financial transaction.  I guess you thought I was specifically talking about some type of specific automation robot that you're the expert of but it was really more of a referral to robots in a very general manner.  No matter how hard you try to hide it, I can tell you were truly offended and that's okay.

This is more what I was thinking of:  https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbestechcouncil/2018/05/01/the-robots-are-coming-to-corporate-finance/#2b5e30856b6e

That’s the one bright spot about AI 

17 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Get ego wrapped up into material possessions and people do weird shit and talk a lot of weird shit. 

You must have alot of material possessions....

:lol:

24 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

Look at my diesel!

Look at my trailer!

Look at my SxS!

The bank owns it all. I can barely make the payments. But hey look at me!!

:lol:

Of course everyone here has always paid cash for everything they've ever bought, never lost a job unexpectedly, never got seriously ill or injured, was insured to the hilt at all times, and never had fun even once in their life...

12 hours ago, XC.Morrison said:

I have the Google Assistant, it makes phone calls, are those VOIP?

29 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Of course everyone here has always paid cash for everything they've ever bought, never lost a job unexpectedly, never got seriously ill or injured, was insured to the hilt at all times, and never had fun even once in their life...

They live their whole life like that. Good job, no job, doesn't matter!

I've been sick, injured, no job. Never missed any payments, if I had them, on anything. Let alone 3 fucking months on a vehicle!

2 hours ago, XCR1250 said:

I have the Google Assistant, it makes phone calls, are those VOIP?

If you’re talking about the Google Home device and it’s connected to your home WiFi then I believe it just uses internet to transmit the call and doesn’t use any of your cell phone minutes.  Never used one of those.  We just got the Echo dot this Christmas since my brother in law was giving them out to everyone.  I was never really interested in getting one of these things but I gotta say it’s been surprisingly nifty.  

Always pay cash for something you can afford.  I bought a new to me truck this fall, 2012 F150 with 119k.  Paid cash for it and replaced all the fluids and common wear parts myself.  Paid to have it detailed inside and out.  Real nice truck, best vehicle we have, and I don't worry about the bank taking it from me if I lose my job.

Many of these loans are probably with predatory lenders and dealers.  Approve anyone for financing, charge way to much for the car, 10%+ interest, and buyers that have no clue they are getting taken.  When they quit paying just repo the car and repeat the same process.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

Always pay cash for something you can afford.  I bought a new to me truck this fall, 2012 F150 with 119k.  Paid cash for it and replaced all the fluids and common wear parts myself.  Paid to have it detailed inside and out.  Real nice truck, best vehicle we have, and I don't worry about the bank taking it from me if I lose my job.

Many of these loans are probably with predatory lenders and dealers.  Approve anyone for financing, charge way to much for the car, 10%+ interest, and buyers that have no clue they are getting taken.  When they quit paying just repo the car and repeat the same process.

There's a ton of people with bad credit from the fallout of the 2008 crash where that's the only place they can get a vehicle to get back and forth to work. People just starting out with low wage jobs need to use them too. 

21 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

There's a ton of people with bad credit from the fallout of the 2008 crash where that's the only place they can get a vehicle to get back and forth to work. People just starting out with low wage jobs need to use them too. 

Of course it is someone else's fault, always gotta be a victim.

It's 2019.  That information only stays on your credit report for 7 years.

3 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

No doubt people get in way over their heads, but where do you see 10%+ interest unless your credit score is shit.

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

No doubt people get in way over their heads, but where do you see 10%+ interest unless your credit score is shit.

Of course their credit is shit at those rates.  Moto is trying to excuse it because of the recession in 2008.  

19 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I get card crap in the mail all the time, one place had 27%..BTW, I have never used a CC in my life, don't even know how too.

30 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I know people with 20%+ interest rates on auto loans. You buy the car 3 times at those rates. 

21 minutes ago, Anler said:

I know people with 20%+ interest rates on auto loans. You buy the car 3 times at those rates. 

Vince told me you owned a car lot on western ave? No wonder you hate Joos, they are probably cutting into your territory?https://www.google.com/search?q=buy+here+pay+here+western+ave+chicago+il&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari#istate=lrl:iv&rlimm=7541938521208550546

Edited by Woodtick
Had to put a link to anlers dealership.
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

I get card crap in the mail all the time, one place had 27%..BTW, I have never used a CC in my life, don't even know how too.

CC's and various points, hotels, car rentals gave us pretty much a free vacation in the Keys in March.

• Like 1