A record 7 million Americans are 3 months behind on their car payments, a red flag for the economy

6 minutes ago, DAVE said:

I bought it off a buddy for cheap a few months ago to sell down here and make a few bucks on it...ive decided to keep it for around the house. I was also planning to get a maverick x3 down here but pricing is stupid new and used...and dealers wont budge...were talking 6k difference in price after exchange.

X3 Turbo?

2 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Those things are nuts fast, drove a demo last year..I might be able to get you a deal on a new 1 but I assume you are not in the US???

No im not....ive got a good deal back home. 

:bc:

2 hours ago, XC.Morrison said:

Think about it this way though.  If they weren't buying brand new cars then the automakers wouldn't be able to sell as many.  And if they can't sell as many expensive cars, then they can't justify hiring more people to produce them.  Then more people end up without jobs.  So you're anti job, you should be ashamed. :) 

What happens when the auto manufacturers go full automation? Are the robots going to be buying vehicles? :lol:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, motonoggin said:

I figure if I say it enough, it'll finally sink in for some people.

Or maybe one day reality will hit you like a cold bucket of water to the face..... 

2 hours ago, DAVE said:

I buy used shit all the time...always looking for deals.

X2. Sleds and dirt bikes almost always new though.  And it was nothing but new cars for a long time until I figured out all the money I was pissing away....

23 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

What happens when the auto manufacturers go full automation? Are the robots going to be buying vehicles? :lol:

Tesla tried that and it didn’t work. Need eyes to make sure things are running right. I’m sure it will happen at some point, maybe with AI.

45 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Or maybe one day reality will hit you like a cold bucket of water to the face..... 

X2. Sleds and dirt bikes almost always new though.  And it was nothing but new cars for a long time until I figured out all the money I was pissing away....

I like new trucks if they are deisel....ive fucked around enough with used when it comes to diesel...you get a current model just before the next yr comes out and you dont get dinged as bad.

49 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Capitalism: *literally runs on consumption*

Wages: *stagnant for 40 years*

Debt: *$22trillion*

Workers:*buys into false optimism, spends everything they have to live plus some on supporting themselves and the economy. Get shamed and lectured when they have trouble*

Reactionaries:*blames the inherent contradictions of capitalism on workers just trying to do their part and get by*

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

Luxury car prices crash used even more then other vehicles.

3 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Luxury car prices crash used even more then other vehicles.

BMW’s are like half off. I’ve seen a lot of clean low milers cheap.

14 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Coworker bought a 2 year old BMW 750 for less than half with 30k miles on it. Stupid to buy new German. 

Nobody wanting a used 750 also helps. You only see 80 year olds driving those and being used to move executives around. Towncar Service is never a towncar anymore. A8,BMW 750, and ghetto hooch mama Escalades.

2 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

That’s what I’m looking at, still under warranty too.

I would get a 4 coup with x drive. That’s a nice car for the money. A co worker has the M4. Holy fucker balls, is that a nice car.

Edited by Woodtick

11 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

I would get a 4 coup with x drive. That’s a nice car for the money. A co worker has the M4. Holy fucker balls, is that a nice car.

450 hoss big Luxo barge works for me.  0-60 in a little over 4 seconds and looks like an airplane dash at night.  I love the motor noises BMWs make, especially their inline 6s.  

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

Most people buying new German cars do not want to own them after 3 years.

I bought my ML550 with 16,000 miles on it, it’s up to 142,000 now and have been driving it for 6 1/2 years.  It’s my second ML, and wife is on her second C class.  I’d have to disagree.  :bc:    Some of the older Audi’s or BMWs maybe, not out of warranty, but the newer ones have been pretty solid.  

9 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I bought my ML550 with 16,000 miles on it, it’s up to 142,000 now and have been driving it for 6 1/2 years.  It’s my second ML, and wife is on her second C class.  I’d have to disagree.  :bc:    Some of the older Audi’s or BMWs maybe, not out of warranty, but the newer ones have been pretty solid.  

Lease auctions are flooded with them.

3 hours ago, snoughnut said:

That's up to the programmer.  You can program a robot to do just about anything.  Should we tax robots - some are already asking:  https://www.marketwatch.com/story/why-robots-should-pay-taxes-2017-09-12