A record 7 million Americans are 3 months behind on their car payments, a red flag for the economy

3 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Lease auctions are flooded with them.

Our buddy has his dealers license and that’s where we usually get them from, although my last one came right from the Mercedes dealer. And I’m not sure what you mean by flooded, there aren’t a lot of 750s around relatively speaking.  Not like a Hyundai elantras for example. :lol: 

7 minutes ago, XC.Morrison said:

That's up to the programmer.  You can program a robot to do just about anything.  Should we tax robots - some are already asking:  https://www.marketwatch.com/story/why-robots-should-pay-taxes-2017-09-12

You have never worked on a robot have you?  One of the dumbest statements made.

Edited by ArcticCrusher

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

Our buddy has his dealers license and that’s where we usually get them from, although my last one came right from the Mercedes dealer. And I’m not sure what you mean by flooded, there aren’t a lot of 750s around relatively speaking.  Not like a Hyundai elantras for example. :lol: 

Why wouldnt you buy a truck?

Just now, DriftBusta said:

I mean there is a very large percentage of German cars that go to the lease auctions compared to their market share.  Almost nobody buys them outright, there are almost always leased.

Hyundai's are the biggest POS's.

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

You have never worked on a robot have?  ←  One of the dumbest statements made.

I program building automation controls, mainly HVAC and card access, along with the random fridge temp sensor, energy monitor, etc.  But if you're talking like C3PO's or something, then no.  But I have seen West World.

2 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Why wouldnt you buy a truck?

For how often I need one I can buy a beater or have my brother tow.  I have wrestled with what I want for a couple of months now, and I am looking for a change of pace. A big luxury barge sounds like fun. If I get sick of it I’ll flush it and replace it with something else.

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

I mean there is a very large percentage of German cars that go to the lease auctions compared to their market share.  Almost nobody buys them outright, there are almost always leased.

I get it. :bc: 

6 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

For how often I need one I can buy a beater or have my brother tow.  I have wrestled with what I want for a couple of months now, and I am looking for a change of pace. A big luxury barge sounds like fun. If I get sick of it I’ll flush it and replace it with something else.

I get it. :bc: 

My platinum is going up for sale next spring.

:whistle:

5 minutes ago, XC.Morrison said:

I program building automation controls, mainly HVAC and card access, along with the random fridge temp sensor, energy monitor, etc.  But if you're talking like C3PO's or something, then no.  But I have seen West World.

Building automation? :lol:

So you don't know jack shit about servos or coordinated motion axis control and limitations that are beyond programming.:lol:

47 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

That’s what I’m looking at, still under warranty too.

his was as well.  I like the CLS 550 and if i went car that prob would be where i would buy.  Our head of sales just got a new one to replace his 15 the other day, no idea why he buys new the other 2 guys on the exec team buy 2 year old ones.  

23 minutes ago, XC.Morrison said:

I hate HVAC programmers.:lol:

15 minutes ago, DAVE said:

My platinum is going up for sale next spring.

:whistle:

Not sure that classified as a beater, but ok. :lol:. :bc: 

15 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

his was as well.  I like the CLS 550 and if i went car that prob would be where i would buy.  Our head of sales just got a new one to replace his 15 the other day, no idea why he buys new the other 2 guys on the exec team buy 2 year old ones.  

Only live once. :bc:   I haven’t sat in a CLS, is it big enough for you?   Our buddy has a 2016 S8 that he just had some work done, it’s putting out around 700 hp and is just retarded fast.

35 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Building automation? :lol:

So you don't know jack shit about servos or coordinated motion axis control and limitations that are beyond programming.:lol:

Servos?  I played with those all time as a kid on my RC10. 

4 minutes ago, XC.Morrison said:

Servos?  I played with those all time as a kid on my RC10. 

So you know nothing about automation robotics? :lol:

What do you think the motion component is comprised of?:lol:

Keep playing with your dick.:lol:

8 minutes ago, XC.Morrison said:

Sorry I offended you.

You didn't.  

Just pointing out your ignorance in a field you clearly know nothing about.

FYI, I work in heavy automation and bridge servo's when required so I know their limits.  You clearly do not.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Come on AC. Pretty much all of that statement was wrong. Been dabbling in auctions for over 20 years. Maybe in your world but in US cars like Nissan, Honda, Toyota and come through Manheim, OVE etc. High end go to closed Franchise only auctions for the most part. The orphan, high mileage end up in the secondary market after that.

3 minutes ago, s pump said:

Come on AC. Pretty much all of that statement was wrong. Been dabbling in auctions for over 20 years. Maybe in your world but in US cars like Nissan, Honda, Toyota and come through Manheim, OVE etc. High end go to closed Franchise only auctions for the most part. The orphan, high mileage end up in the secondary market after that.

Hes right though Gary.

7 minutes ago, s pump said:

Not here.  Go check out Adessa.

18 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

You didn't.  

Just pointing out your ignorance in a field you clearly know nothing about.

FYI, I work in heavy automation and bridge servo's when required so I know their limits.  You clearly do not.

What does any of that matter to the initial point?  The initial point being that you could program a robot to perform a financial transaction.  I guess you thought I was specifically talking about some type of specific automation robot that you're the expert of but it was really more of a referral to robots in a very general manner.  No matter how hard you try to hide it, I can tell you were truly offended and that's okay.

This is more what I was thinking of:  https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbestechcouncil/2018/05/01/the-robots-are-coming-to-corporate-finance/#2b5e30856b6e

Edited by XC.Morrison

4 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Not here.  Go check out Adessa.

Like I said, maybe different there. Other point was Hyundais have been phenomenal cars for value and reliability. Just did check Adessa on OVE, BMW and MB under represented compared to most other brands. 

5 hours ago, snoughnut said:

What happens when the auto manufacturers go full automation? Are the robots going to be buying vehicles? :lol:

Assembly is getting pretty automated already and will continue to until it's probly 70% of the process . Parts and tooling are where the real jobs are in that industry :bc:

1 minute ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

Assembly is getting pretty automated already and will continue to until it's probly 70% of the process . Parts and tooling are where the real jobs are in that industry :bc:

Yup...the plant I worked at automated bigtime....a 3 man job turned into 1 man...and the complex pumped out more parts as well.