2 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Once these new additions to our fighting force in iraq will push the number of US troops in iraq currently well over 5000.  Crazy number for a place that we withdrew from

http://in.mobile.reuters.com/article/idINKCN11Y2DU

With no status of forces agreement like Thrillery and her leftard clown imbiciles try to say was somehow required :lol: can't make this shit up 

That is a lot of trainers :lol:

Will every Iraqi get their own personal trainer, like a shadow Program.

The media and left are such a joke. If Trump wins the election will they start caring about bringing home the troops.

1 minute ago, Cold War said:

That is a lot of trainers :lol:

Will every Iraqi get their own personal trainer, like a shadow Program.

The media and left are such a joke. If Trump wins the election will they start caring about bringing home the troops.

Oh....just "advisors" though...it's really the Arabs that are doing the fighting.  :lol:What a complete joke.

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Oh....just "advisors" though...it's really the Arabs that are doing the fighting.  :lol:What a complete joke.

Do people actually buy this shit?

I hope they are issued rape whistles in case they get in a jam.

1 minute ago, Cold War said:

Do people actually buy this shit?

I hope they are issued rape whistles in case they get in a jam.

Yes, they do.  A LOT OF THEM.  The MSM said it and that is that.  We're just there as "guides" and for moral support.  I thing Vince even claimed that ISIS was on the verge of defeat and it's the Iraqi's doing the fighting.  I don't blame him though....he got it from CNN.  Or should I blame him?  It's all so confusing....but not really.

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Yes, they do.  A LOT OF THEM.  The MSM said it and that is that.  We're just there as "guides" and for moral support.  I thing Vince even claimed that ISIS was on the verge of defeat and it's the Iraqi's doing the fighting.  I don't blame him though....he got it from CNN.  Or should I blame him?  It's all so confusing....but not really.

The reason for more US advisers is the assault of Mosul is imminent, BTW Mosul is Iraq's second largest city. Oh for those that don't know the 2011 pull out was the Status of Forces Agreement GWB signed with Iraq, we wanted to stay longer but the Iraqi government under PM Maliki would not give US troops immunity from Iraqi law.....just imagine the crying if Obama allowed the Iraqi government to arrest and prosecute American GI's under Iraqi law :news: 

Anyhow after Maliki stepped down in 2014 and al-Abadi became PM we ironed out an agreement where American GI's have immunity from Iraq law :thumb:

iraq_syria_control_976_v69.png?cb=1

• Gold Member
18 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

The reason for more US advisers is the assault of Mosul is imminent, BTW Mosul is Iraq's second largest city. Oh for those that don't know the 2011 pull out was the Status of Forces Agreement GWB signed with Iraq, we wanted to stay longer but the Iraqi government under PM Maliki would not give US troops immunity from Iraqi law.....just imagine the crying if Obama allowed the Iraqi government to arrest and prosecute American GI's under Iraqi law :news: 

Anyhow after Maliki stepped down in 2014 and al-Abadi became PM we ironed out an agreement where American GI's have immunity from Iraq law :thumb:

iraq_syria_control_976_v69.png?cb=1

Why don't they move advisors from the areas that Iraqi's have taken back from ISIS?  5000+ is a lot of troops on the ground there.  Why do they need to add 615 more there when before that 600 more get there, We have 4800 already there that could advise for taking back Mosul.....

Edited by BOHICA

14 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Great lesson.  But you do know what and who our "advisers" are right?  How many "advisers" are necessary if they are fighting their own war now? For some reason I think you believe that our "advisers" are a group of people in suits sitting around a war table with sharpies and location pins.  I know you don't think that really, but it get's hard for me to believe what is being fed to the masses isn't believed by the majority.

Edited by Zambroski

10 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Why don't they move advisors from the areas that Iraqi's have taken back from ISIS?  5000+ is a lot of troops on the ground there.  Why do they need to add 615 more there when before that 600 more get there, We have 4800 already there that could advise for taking back Mosul.....

Mosul is going to be a huge offensive, Fallujah which the Iraqi Army along with US air power and advisers took this past May is a town of 275,000, Mosul is a city of about 750,000 and they figure the offensive will take several months as it will be a block by block slog to recapture the city.

8 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Great lesson.  But you do know what and who our "advisers" are right?  How many "advisers" are necessary if they are fighting their own war now? For some reason I think you believe that our "advisers" are a group of people in suits sitting around a war table with sharpies and location pins.  I know you don't think that really, but it get's hard for me to believe what is being fed to the masses isn't believed by the majority.

It's US FAC's along with US command and control on the ground, yes US troops will be at the battalion level and will be subject to combat, it's what we need to do to defeat ISIS.

If you really think about it...the patriotic thing for Trump to do right now is to tell the generals right now what his plan is to defeat ISIS, why leave US troops and the civilian population exposed to the the threat of ISIS longer than necessary? 

Just now, Mileage Psycho said:

Mosul is going to be a huge offensive, Fallujah which the Iraqi Army along with US air power and advisers took this past May is a town of 275,000, Mosul is a city of about 750,000 and they figure the offensive will take several months as it will be a block by block slog to recapture the city.

This isn't really making sense to me because this doesn't typically work out well.   Are you saying this, or did you get it off of a "news" source?  

1 minute ago, Mileage Psycho said:

It's US FAC's along with US command and control on the ground, yes US troops will be at the battalion level and will be subject to combat, it's what we need to do to defeat ISIS.

If you really think about it...the patriotic thing for Trump to do right now is to tell the generals right now what his plan is to defeat ISIS, why leave US troops and the civilian population exposed to the the threat of ISIS longer than necessary? 

Trump or any political talking head should not be involved with any part of the plan other than giving his "OK".  This is where politicians get things mucked up and more people get killed than necessary.  Trump needs to find the right military minds and leadership though.....few are left after the Obama "purge".

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

This isn't really making sense to me because this doesn't typically work out well.   Are you saying this, or did you get it off of a "news" source?  

The Third Battle of Fallujah population 275,000 took 5 weeks to recapture, Mosul is three times the size of Fallujah I'm sure are folks who do this for a living know what to expect and what the time frame is.

Fallujah Operations May 23

As seen gleaned from Fox News :news: 

We're not on the same page.  You are trying to make an argument that doesn't exist from news articles and cut and pastes in some type of way to make yourself militarily knowledgeable.  It's not working.  And you are making the argument with the wrong person who knows more than just a little something about "advising".

I'm out.

• Gold Member

wonder what all this cost the US tax payer....  US involvement currently prior to the announce additional troops we are putting on the ground.

United States:[hide]

20 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

We're not on the same page.  You are trying to make an argument that doesn't exist from news articles and cut and pastes in some type of way to make yourself militarily knowledgeable.  It's not working.  And you are making the argument with the wrong person who knows more than just a little something about "advising".

I'm out.

That's obvious seeing how you struggle to understand any of this.

God help whoever you are "advising" :lol: 

16 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

That's obvious seeing how you struggle to understand any of this.

God help whoever you are "advising" :lol: 

I'm not struggling to understand any of it.  I can read and comprehend just fine. Stop cutting articles from sites in an effort to make yourself seem "well read" in military strategy. You are acting like a fucking hack.  And the real truth of it is, you have no idea what any of it truly means or entails.  Good grief.

"The Real Deal".  Not so much.

Edited by Zambroski