A looming retirement crisis threatens us and future generations. Here's how we can avoid it

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Mainecat said:

Accusing someone of cheating is low especially if it’s not true. 

Do you support raising or eliminating the cap?

Call it what you want.....I call it cheating the system.   If you are paying yourself less than a prevailing wage for your industry you technically are breaking the law.   Just because you didn't get caught does't mean it wasn't cheating.   Makes one wonder if you had an advantage with your wife working for the IRS.  

Personally I'd like to get rid of it altogether.  If people could tuck away 15.3% at a decent rate of return virtually everyone could retire much better, much earlier than they do on just SS. 

Fraud is absolutely rampant, especially in the disability portion.   Watch the 60 minutes special on it.   

Just now, Highmark said:

Call it what you want.....I call it cheating the system.   If you are paying yourself less than a prevailing wage for your industry you technically are breaking the law.   Just because you didn't get caught does't mean it wasn't cheating.   Makes one wonder if you had an advantage with your wife working for the IRS.  

Personally I'd like to get rid of it altogether.  If people could tuck away 15.3% at a decent rate of return virtually everyone could retire much better, much earlier than they do on just SS. 

Fraud is absolutely rampant, especially in the disability portion.   Watch the 60 minutes special on it.   

Again not cheating. Following the laws. We had to be extra careful because my wife was a treasury employee. She would have lost her job if we didn’t abide by the laws. Snake can back me up on that fact.

10 minutes ago, Highmark said:

It can easily be called cheating.   You are the one on here preaching people pay more into a system you intentionally avoided paying into.   Come on MC that's pretty hypocritical.  Fact is you didn't want to pay full into a system you knew you wouldn't get back.   I don't blame you but I think its sad your attitude on it now.  

I find him amazing.  A hypocrite at the highest level because he's too dumb to know it.  Hell, it's a system.  If you can work it, work it.  But don't run around holier than thou and blame others for not paying in what you figured out how not to.

I work it (and pay others to work it for me).  Always have.  Always will.  It's legal and it's fair (well....).  But if our elected servants put the system in place...how can it be wrong to use?  Or, is it just they citizens that shouldn't be allowed to use it?  Oh...yeah.  That adds up.  

Just now, Zambroski said:

I find him amazing.  A hypocrite at the highest level because he's too dumb to know it.  Hell, it's a system.  If you can work it, work it.  But don't run around holier than thou and blame others for not paying in what you figured out how not to.

I work it (and pay others to work it for me).  Always have.  Always will.  It's legal and it's fair (well....).  But if our elected servants put the system in place...how can it be wrong to use?  Or, is it just they citizens that shouldn't be allowed to use it?  Oh...yeah.  That adds up.  

Your opinion means nothing to me. Your the lowest of the low just a follower full of hot air

42 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Again not cheating. Following the laws. We had to be extra careful because my wife was a treasury employee. She would have lost her job if we didn’t abide by the laws. Snake can back me up on that fact.

Cheating does not always mean illegal.   You did it for a reason.   Care to share that reason?

Edited by Highmark

Just now, Mainecat said:

Your opinion means nothing to me. Your the lowest of the low just a follower full of hot air

I wasn't talking to you.  You read my post that wasn't addressed to you then, spewed out your own post quoting me to tell me my opinion doesn't mean anything to you?  :lmao:

Image result for thumbs up gif

10 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

The last employee I hired was 15.00 per hour for a helper with 80% paid healthcare to start, 1 personal day per year up to 5 max, 12 holidays, 1 weeks vacation after 1 year, after 5 years 3 weeks and after 10 years 4 weeks, life insurance for a years wage and a 401k match. We encouraged learning to be an equipment operator to earn more $$.

80% of our employees had over 20 years with us.

Hardly a living wage.  FYI, my bonuses given out per employee are worth a lot more than that.

2 hours ago, motonoggin said:

51221415_10218081307928634_6898467120967843840_n.jpg

This is funny. But not surprising.  The Boomers blamed older generations for all the shit happened.  You didn’t think they’d take the blame for their own actions did you? 

Boomers are blaming the kids who they gave participation medals to for getting participation medals. 

They’ll have to blame millennials for not being working hard enough to afford a house and a new car.  

1 minute ago, revkevsdi said:

This is funny. But not surprising.  The Boomers blamed older generations for all the shit happened.  You didn’t think they’d take the blame for their own actions did you? 

Boomers are blaming the kids who they gave participation medals to for getting participation medals. 

They’ll have to blame millennials for not being working hard enough to afford a house and a new car.  

:lol:  Is that in maple syrup land or in the US?  

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

How much did you pay your employees?  Wasn't it like $12/hr?  

53 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

The last employee I hired was 15.00 per hour for a helper with 80% paid healthcare to start, 1 personal day per year up to 5 max, 12 holidays, 1 weeks vacation after 1 year, after 5 years 3 weeks and after 10 years 4 weeks, life insurance for a years wage and a 401k match. We encouraged learning to be an equipment operator to earn more $$.

80% of our employees had over 20 years with us.

41 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Hardly a living wage.  FYI, my bonuses given out per employee are worth a lot more than that.

Ignore arcticbeta. He’s full of more shit than a septic tank. 

He just feels he has to defend every right wing talking point even if he has to ignore facts or make up his own.  

He argues that wages are too high and then tells your  pay rate is shitty just to be a bitch  

Edited by revkevsdi

Just now, revkevsdi said:

How many times have you bitched about millennials and talked about participation trophies?  

I bet this fits you perfectly 

I don't blame the kids.   I blame the parents.  

4 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Ignore arcticbeta. He’s full of more shit than a septic tank. 

He just feels he has to defend every right wing talking point even if he has to ignore facts or make up his own.  

He argues that wages are too high and then tells your  pay rate is shitty just to be a bitch  

Link please.

At least MC was honest unlike you. 

Has Beta Inc kept up with wage growth above inflation?:lol:

Still at minimum wage are we?:lol:

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

Link please.

At least MC was honest unlike you. 

Has Beta Inc kept up with wage growth above inflation?:lol:

Still at minimum wage are we?:lol:

More lies from Arctic beta. 

You Dave are so equally stupid and dishonest you could be the same person 

53 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I wasn't talking to you.  You read my post that wasn't addressed to you then, spewed out your own post quoting me to tell me my opinion doesn't mean anything to you?  :lmao:

Image result for thumbs up gif

Ignore for you I’m done with your childish crap.

10 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Pretty sure I bonus out more than you pay out per employee as well.:lol:

What do you pay your employees in pay? How many hours do they work per year?What are their qualifications? What bonus do you pay?  

Stop pretending to be a big shot shit head.

Let’s hear it.