American Teachers Battle For Maternity Leave

6 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Those women won't take much time off at all and their employers will accommodate them,  work from home, meetings via Webex etc.

the ones with ambitions . we have all seen the ones who take the max paid then the unpaid as the rest of the staff runs around working more to accommodate her . then she dose it again in a yr. and usually the one crying about a promotion.  don't even get started on the mornings off and early out the door shit when the kid starts school . 

3 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

Women deserve paid maternity leave. Maybe 6 weeks of full pay and 6 weeks of half pay. 

Female teachers deserve it as much as anyone. 

Males do not deserve paid maternity leave in any fashon. Up to 12 weeks Unpaid sure but not paid. 

because they can fuck they deserve paid vacation ? why ? 

if I get a new puppy do I deserve time off? 

fuck that it is a choice to have a kid . use your vacation and sick time after that on your own .

only time I see a exemption is if the boss is the one who knocked you up 

Edited by Ez ryder
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

the ones with ambitions . we have all seen the ones who take the max paid then the unpaid as the rest of the staff runs around working more to accommodate her . then she dose it again in a yr. and usually the one crying about a promotion.  don't even get started on the mornings off and early out the door shit when the kid starts school . 

Those are not the women I'm talking about.  But yah, kids get sick and they need to stay home some times and work from home.  More and more professional jobs can be done from anywhere so I don't see this as an issue.