Sign in to follow this  
jtssrx

New Jersey Democrat governor to sign law that taxes rain!!!!

Recommended Posts

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:lol: Fuck those privileged people with driveways, patios and sidewalks!  Also, fuck you if you live in an apartment complex and think you shouldn't have a parking lot of grass.  Enjoy your rent hike!  

"These newly created arms of local bureaucracy would be empowered to charge property owners a fee based on the amount of non-permeable surface they own (think: parking lots and driveways). "

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Taking ques from dumbfuck Cuomo I see:news:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some cities and towns in Mass already do this. My mother had a new wider driveway put in and they actually came up to measure it so they knew how much to increase the tax.

Fucking stupid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Some cities and towns in Mass already do this. My mother had a new wider driveway put in and they actually came up to measure it so they knew how much to increase the tax.

Fucking stupid

Was that just the assessment on the value of the home that went up? Resulting in a higher tax.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, steve from amherst said:

Was that just the assessment on the value of the home that went up? Resulting in a higher tax.

No, there is a specific tax based on the size of a driveway because water runs off it. I'll see if i can pull the bill next time I'm there and post a copy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Stephen Hawking said:

No, there is a specific tax based on the size of a driveway because water runs off it. I'll see if i can pull the bill next time I'm there and post a copy.

wow , never heard of that. IS that a state thing or city? What town/city?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

wow , never heard of that. IS that a state thing or city? What town/city?

Westfield

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

No, there is a specific tax based on the size of a driveway because water runs off it. I'll see if i can pull the bill next time I'm there and post a copy.

so if you put a permeable paving down do they not touch you.  I know many towns have requirements on the amount of impervious sf but to tax it just seems nuts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is just weird, it already costs a bunch to increase lot coverage where I live in NJ. The building codes already addresses lot coverage and the people who would get hit by this are already forced to apply for a variance and shit. NJ Dems just loveee added bureaucracy though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Murphy should be focusing on recovering his fumbled campaign promises on marijuana and dealing with the fact that he hired a dude that raped one of his staffers before he starts trying to increase revenue through bullshit measures like this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Already been done in Detroit with disastrous results. 

 

6886E2C7-37E3-4A9B-829D-B2150698426E.jpeg

Edited by Cold War

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Won’t matter....  it will all be under water anyway in a dozen years when the arctic ocean completely melts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So make it illegal to collect rain water then charge the home owners for the water that runs off the property lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

So make it illegal to collect rain water then charge the home owners for the water that runs off the property lol 

Dont let Trudeau see that!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Cold War said:

Already been done in Detroit with disastrous results. 

 

6886E2C7-37E3-4A9B-829D-B2150698426E.jpeg

Fucking Detroit....I thought they fixed that combined storm/sewage problem with the 12 Towns Project? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Illinois Democrats just pushed thru a progressive income tax. You people deserve the govt you get. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Fucking Detroit....I thought they fixed that combined storm/sewage problem with the 12 Towns Project? 

:dontknow:

People down there are still getting hit with these ridiculous water bills for thousands of dollars.  You can't get ahold of anyone at water dept. My son got a outrageous bill and couldn't talk to anyone, wife finally waited over an hour to speak with someone. Most have to get news involved before they will admit mistake.  People down there get taken advantage of a lot. The new thing is predatory towing, where  these companies unlawfully take your car & demand huge cash  ransom to get it back

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.