New Jersey Democrat governor to sign law that taxes rain!!!!

jtssrx

:lol: Fuck those privileged people with driveways, patios and sidewalks!  Also, fuck you if you live in an apartment complex and think you shouldn't have a parking lot of grass.  Enjoy your rent hike!  

"These newly created arms of local bureaucracy would be empowered to charge property owners a fee based on the amount of non-permeable surface they own (think: parking lots and driveways). "

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Some cities and towns in Mass already do this. My mother had a new wider driveway put in and they actually came up to measure it so they knew how much to increase the tax.

Fucking stupid

Was that just the assessment on the value of the home that went up? Resulting in a higher tax.

• Gold Member
Just now, steve from amherst said:

Was that just the assessment on the value of the home that went up? Resulting in a higher tax.

No, there is a specific tax based on the size of a driveway because water runs off it. I'll see if i can pull the bill next time I'm there and post a copy.

Just now, Stephen Hawking said:

No, there is a specific tax based on the size of a driveway because water runs off it. I'll see if i can pull the bill next time I'm there and post a copy.

wow , never heard of that. IS that a state thing or city? What town/city?

3 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

so if you put a permeable paving down do they not touch you.  I know many towns have requirements on the amount of impervious sf but to tax it just seems nuts

This is just weird, it already costs a bunch to increase lot coverage where I live in NJ. The building codes already addresses lot coverage and the people who would get hit by this are already forced to apply for a variance and shit. NJ Dems just loveee added bureaucracy though.

Murphy should be focusing on recovering his fumbled campaign promises on marijuana and dealing with the fact that he hired a dude that raped one of his staffers before he starts trying to increase revenue through bullshit measures like this.

12 hours ago, Cold War said:

Already been done in Detroit with disastrous results. 

6886E2C7-37E3-4A9B-829D-B2150698426E.jpeg

Fucking Detroit....I thought they fixed that combined storm/sewage problem with the 12 Towns Project? 

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Fucking Detroit....I thought they fixed that combined storm/sewage problem with the 12 Towns Project? 

:dontknow:

People down there are still getting hit with these ridiculous water bills for thousands of dollars.  You can't get ahold of anyone at water dept. My son got a outrageous bill and couldn't talk to anyone, wife finally waited over an hour to speak with someone. Most have to get news involved before they will admit mistake.  People down there get taken advantage of a lot. The new thing is predatory towing, where  these companies unlawfully take your car & demand huge cash  ransom to get it back