Tweaked the fuck out of the 850

f7ben

6 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

the best part of grooming is stoping at the bar .lol can't believe no one has ever gotten a dui in a tucker lol 

I couldn't get a clear answer if our groomer operator even had a drivers license.  Too much boozin.

9 hours ago, Big Crappie said:

Yea, but if I owned a bar that catered to snowmobile's I'd walk the property and mark everything that may cause damage or danger to my customers. 

Here we have some bar owners who are in their 80's and couldn't possibly walk to mark issues that are off their own properties, and some problems may also be on others private property that sledders may try to access which would mean they'd have to trespass to search for possible obstacles...simply not enough info on what Ben posted..there's lots of ditch riding where culverts are slightly buried and never marked,  folks have hit those at times, I had a friend do that back in the 70's where he almost tore his leg clean off..unless on a marked trail or route it's simply impossible to anticipate where someone sledding may choose to ride to get to a bar or anywhere for that matter, that's why you should only ride on marked systems when heading to an establishment and those will have been checked for problems and marked or signed to allow riding to beware.

In the Town where I'm originally from (Muskego) we had an old railroad grade that wasn't supposed to be sledded on although many rode it, it was owned by the Power Company, one year they placed cables with yellow warning signs on them across the Grade where it met any road, both sides of the roads, a sledder rode under the cable and at high speed never stopped when he got to the next road crossing about  a mile west, he was decapitated. That was around 1973 or so.

10 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

What is that, like 6” of snow. Someone needs to learn how to ride. 

that was alpine 3 weeks ago hit a under snow rock and it threw sled in to the only pine with in 30 feet lol so I rolled it out and with little snow had to walk down the hill to get it  . yeah WY is fucked this yr prob 5 foot total at 11k feet .

we rolled next day to CO where there was a solid 10 feet at 7k feet .

was shocked that only damage to the tinfoil doo was a bent ski 

Edited by Ez ryder

9 hours ago, Big Crappie said:

Yea, but if I owned a bar that catered to snowmobile's I'd walk the property and mark everything that may cause damage or danger to my customers. 

31 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Here we have some bar owners who are in their 80's and couldn't possibly walk to mark issues that are off their own properties, and some problems may also be on others private property that sledders may try to access which would mean they'd have to trespass to search for possible obstacles...simply not enough info on what Ben posted..there's lots of ditch riding where culverts are slightly buried and never marked,  folks have hit those at times, I had a friend do that back in the 70's where he almost tore his leg clean off..unless on a marked trail or route it's simply impossible to anticipate where someone sledding may choose to ride to get to a bar or anywhere for that matter, that's why you should only ride on marked systems when heading to an establishment and those will have been checked for problems and marked or signed to allow riding to beware.

In the Town where I'm originally from (Muskego) we had an old railroad grade that wasn't supposed to be sledded on although many rode it, it was owned by the Power Company, one year they placed cables with yellow warning signs on them across the Grade where it met any road, both sides of the roads, a sledder rode under the cable and at high speed never stopped when he got to the next road crossing about  a mile west, he was decapitated. That was around 1973 or so.

Going by Ben's pic on the 1st pg, it doesn't really look like the path he took to the restaurant was a well established one? More like this looks like a good spot to get off the river so lets try here. If that's the case, and I am not saying it is, then all liability/responsibility is off the bar owner and is fully on the rider, especially if there is a know trail/route that is normally used to reach the establishment. 

5 minutes ago, irv said:

Going by Ben's pic on the 1st pg, it doesn't really look like the path he took to the restaurant was a well established one? More like this looks like a good spot to get off the river so lets try here. If that's the case, and I am not saying it is, then all liability/responsibility is off the bar owner and is fully on the rider, especially if there is a know trail/route that is normally used to reach the establishment. 

Bent has been well known for taking the non established route. :lol:

• Haha 3

• Platinum Contributing Member
10 hours ago, Big Crappie said:

Or just build a dedicated trail

• Thanks 1

I was riding with the owners son and know the bar owner pretty well. It certainly wasnt their fault. The amount of snow we have had has changed up that little spot. Normally you can ride up that bank further from the bridge.

Just now, Anler said:

They are still not designed to hit stuff. :bigfinger:

no sled is,  ron and i saw a cat with the lower a arm broken off from catching a rail at a crossing Saturday.  Not sure which is better,  a arm gone so you prob can't ride it home or tweaked S mod.  For someone doing the work themselves the a arms not a big deal but most riders are dropping it at the dealer so it's really about the same just a question of deductible or dealer bill.  

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

no sled is,  ron and i saw a cat with the lower a arm broken off from catching a rail at a crossing Saturday.  Not sure which is better,  a arm gone so you prob can't ride it home or tweaked S mod.  For someone doing the work themselves the a arms not a big deal but most riders are dropping it at the dealer so it's really about the same just a question of deductible or dealer bill.  

Im guessing Ben will be fixing himself. Still kind of a bummer when one of those things jump out in front of you... 

9 minutes ago, Anler said:

Im guessing Ben will be fixing himself. Still kind of a bummer when one of those things jump out in front of you... 

I hit a dock post once...same result, bent a arm. Took it off and hammered it back to close enough and rode for the rest of the weekend. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Anler said:

i would agree,  i would do the same so my preference would be a arm breaking,  smod i'm having the dealer do it end of the season as an insurance claim

26 minutes ago, Anler said:

They are still not designed to hit stuff. :bigfinger:

The xp chassis would bend the S module if you looked at it wrong.  The polaris cast bulkhead is better and that's why the g4 is using it :bigfinger: 

Just now, Kev144 said:

The xp chassis would bend the S module if you looked at it wrong.  The polaris cast bulkhead is better and that's why the g4 is using it :bigfinger: 

How many xp chassis sleds have you owned?

• Platinum Contributing Member
24 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

A bud of mine ripped an a arm right between the oxbow and the homestead lodge. I rode it to the oxbow on 1 ski. Gave him a $100 and told him to offer it to the first truck that comes by . Otherwise I'll see you in 4 hrs with our truck. He said 1 car went by in those 4 hrs.

17 minutes ago, DAVE said:

How many xp chassis sleds have you owned?

My riding group at camp is 80% xp chassis vs 20% polaris.  I've had to repair a 1200 S module twice.  Once after it hit a small jar in the trail and ended up braking the fuel line in the tank.   Other sleds hit it no problem.  Just my experiences of course 

Seems to be a common theme with others :snack: 

Edited by Kev144

21 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

I owned an xp and an xs and hit all kinds of stuff and never bent anything. Only stupid pollacks can do that. sbyl! :bigfinger: