AAA finds that battery cars lose over 40% of there range in cooler climates and almost 20% of their range in warm climates

BOHICA

I don't know why they don't use solar trickle charger roofs, hoods and trunks. When I heard about musk designing an electric semi truck I was thinking they could make an entire solar panel trailer which would help it charge and extend range. :dunno:

20 minutes ago, Anler said:

I don't know why they don't use solar trickle charger roofs, hoods and trunks. When I heard about musk designing an electric semi truck I was thinking they could make an entire solar panel trailer which would help it charge and extend range. :dunno:

prob because 60+ grand is already pretty steep for a daily driver .

then most every one who owns one parks in a garage or car port next to the charging station  

Just now, Ez ryder said:

prob because 60+ grand is already pretty steep for a daily driver .

then most every one who owns one parks in a garage or car port next to the charging station  

Yeah but if you didn't have to buy fuel or charge remote that could be worth alot. 

1 minute ago, Anler said:

Yeah but if you didn't have to buy fuel or charge remote that could be worth alot. 

if you live in AZ or some shit and dont have a car port at work or home . but then You prob would never drive any way who would want to get in a car in direct sun when it is already 120 degrees in the shade lol.

I get it just not sure the pay back would ever come back vrs electric outlet 

12 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

if you live in AZ or some shit and dont have a car port at work or home . but then You prob would never drive any way who would want to get in a car in direct sun when it is already 120 degrees in the shade lol.

I get it just not sure the pay back would ever come back vrs electric outlet 

Not just the pay back but extended range for ev's. 

• Gold Member
15 minutes ago, favoritos said:

I always wonder how much power is consumed to keep drivers nice and warm inside those things?  Creating heat takes power.

Tesla supercharging rates are around 25 cents a kwh.  That bad boy model S has a 100kwh battery pack good for about 300 miles.  So if you could could jam 100kwh in a battery pack it would cost about $25.

So $10 dollars goes to heat in that car and the range goes down 40 % to 180.  So it takes $25 to go 180 miles in the bad boy model Tesla or 13.8 cents per mile.

for reference a bad ass 6.2 liter f150 raptor gets 14 mpg on $2.00 Costco gas all winter or 14.2 cents a mile.  Only 4 cents more per mile to drive a raptor.  

The new ecoboost raptor would be cheaper to drive then a Tesla model S 100 in the winter and would be way cheaper and more usable then a tesla

Edited by BOHICA
  • Like 1