Wealth concentration near ‘levels last seen during the Roaring Twenties,’ study finds

On 2/13/2019 at 7:38 AM, snoughnut said:

Slowly looks over at university admin. and professors.

Good lord you're a toolbag, Half or fully paid for by 28? I've never met such a person. :lmao:

Remember in Canada you cant write off your mortgage. A lot of people use to aim at paying off their mortgage. After the 80’s recession prices were low. It wasn’t difficult to get leave university without debt, grab a job and have a down payment within a year if both of you were working. If you didn’t go to school and started a trade for a factory job, you’d have a place even sooner. 

There were a lot of high paying union jobs around in the 80’s. Houses started in the 40 grand range if you werent in Toronto. But they had doubled by 1988  

On 2/12/2019 at 11:33 PM, DriftBusta said:

Good for you, your numbers are still fucked you live in the GTA correct? Most overpriced speculative area in North America.  I really have a little interest in going back-and-forth with you, you’ve proven to just be a hostile dip shit. With no interest in an honest conversation.

No. gta is for shit heads like arctic beta. 

Too crowded they start acting like animals in cages. 

6 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Remember in Canada you cant write off your mortgage. A lot of people use to aim at paying off their mortgage. After the 80’s recession prices were low. It wasn’t difficult to get leave university without debt, grab a job and have a down payment within a year if both of you were working. If you didn’t go to school and started a trade for a factory job, you’d have a place even sooner. 

There were a lot of high paying union jobs around in the 80’s. Houses started in the 40 grand range if you werent in Toronto. But they had doubled by 1988  

Factory jobs got pushed down the ladder where they belong.  

The market also crashed again in 89 and many lost everything.  The housing market kept sliding for almost 10 years before picking up again.

On 2/13/2019 at 7:37 AM, ArcticCrusher said:

Poor Revbeta.  My FIL built a new home with his life savings in 2000 in TO and it appreciated 5-6 fold.  He did most of the work himself before he died from late stages of Leukemia.

They didn't have extra money to give us anything.  Big swing and a miss.  What else is new.

Your poor math skills, dishonesty and general stupidity let me know you couldn’t do it alone. 

Same with dumb Dave. When his Dad was footing the bills, they belonged to a golf and country club. Now he spends his time in RV parks.  Silly Fucker thinks he was self made when his old man found Likely found someone to take his retarded son on as an apprentice. 

I notice none of you Trumpsters have figured out how A high school graduate can get ahead without family help yet. 

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

Factory jobs got pushed down the ladder where they belong.  

The market also crashed again in 89 and many lost everything.  The housing market kept sliding for almost 10 years before picking up again.

Yeah, it’s called a recession. Wages dropped then too. 

2 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Your poor math skills, dishonesty and general stupidity let me know you couldn’t do it alone. 

Same with dumb Dave. When his Dad was footing the bills, they belonged to a golf and country club. Now he spends his time in RV parks.  Silly Fucker thinks he was self made when his old man found Likely found someone to take his retarded son on as an apprentice. 

I notice none of you Trumpsters have figured out how A high school graduate can get ahead without family help yet. 

I always made more money then my father.

:lol:

He was unskilled labor in the factory I eventually worked at....

Youre trying way to hard.

Just now, DAVE said:

I always made more money then my father.

:lol:

He was unskilled labor in the factory I eventually worked at....

Youre trying way to hard.

I guess you were lying about the country club. No big surprise. 

You sure are down on factory workers though. Get those Daddy issues seen to 

5 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Yet I own and developed many software algorithms I sell commercially to F500 corps.

It wasn't money that got me started.  Poor Beta 

Edited by ArcticCrusher

1 minute ago, revkevsdi said:

I guess you were lying about the country club. No big surprise. 

You sure are down on factory workers though. Get those Daddy issues seen to 

Your story....

20 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Your story....

Nope. You and arctic beta have been slagging factory jobs in this thread.  

Takes a lot more get up and go to show up for 25 bucks (11 in the US) an hour than $100 bucks. 

I wouldn’t trade place me but I have to respect their effort. 

21 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Yet I own and developed many software algorithms I sell commercially to F500 corps.

It wasn't money that got me started.  Poor Beta 

So what’s the name of your company? What’s your name?  

You say I’m a coward for not sharing that info. You won’t have an issue telling me here. 

2 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Takes a lot more get up and go to show up for 25 bucks (11 in the US) an hour than $100 bucks. 

You say I’m a coward for not sharing that info. You won’t have an issue telling me here. 

Where have i slagged a factory job?

5 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

I have showed pics of what I do now go pound sand.

2 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

An entry level uneducated factory worker should be able to buy and pay off a home within 10 years.  Who here is in charge of that destiny? 

So many factors....it could be done.

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

You have a marketable skill though and would be one of the highest paid regardless.  

True

8 minutes ago, DAVE said:

So many factors....it could be done.

True

If a person is making say $25/hr for a factory job here, (seems to be the rate in plants I work in), with some OT they are bringing home a decent pay.  What they do with that is up to them.

Edited by ArcticCrusher

2 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

If a person is making say $25/hr for a factory job here, (seems to be the rate in plants I work in), with some OT they are bringing home a decent pay.  What they do with that is up to them.

Yes.