Wealth concentration near ‘levels last seen during the Roaring Twenties,’ study finds

3 hours ago, revkevsdi said:

What happened when the Big grocery chains folded?  No pension plan money but executive bonuses all around. 

Your shithead President folded businesses and left suppliers hanging and you think he’s a great business person. 

I have no idea what big grocery chains you are talking about, however there are ERISA laws in place to prevent anyone‘s pension or retirement plans being raided.   To my knowledge these laws have been in place since 1974.  As far as Trump, Your lack of knowledge is shining bright he declared bankruptcy five times over the course of a 40 year career and over 500 companies. It’s safe to say he’s contributed more to the GDP then you have, regardless of who he may or may not have stiffed, by a factor of at least 1000.  So lose the lame talking point, it’s dumb.

54 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

OK. So a poor person,  no money, or family support. 20 years old with a high school diploma. 

Lay out the way to make it rich in America today.  Not 20, 40 or 60 years ago. 

They need to eat, pay for rent, and pay off a house in 10 years plus have enough to invest in a new business. 

Have at it, Trumpster brain trust. 

Stay in school, learn a skill or earn a marketable degree and save your money. I am not big on excuses, that’s what it takes.  If you don’t have the capital but your idea is good enough there are lots of venture capitalists out there looking for the next big thing.  If you can’t do that, I really don’t want to hear why that is trumps fault.

47 minutes ago, Edmo said:

I’m still trying to figure out what paying off your house has to do with starting a business. :lol: 

It has nothing to do with starting a business. Starting a business takes balls, most of these naysayers have zero balls. And I say that as somebody who’s gotten his balls almost ripped off over a bad business decision. Thankfully my good decisions have outweighed the few bad ones I have made.  Trumps track record overall is indisputable, yet you have RevKev focusing on .0001% of his overall business activity.  Anyone who has done the same does not need to have it explained to them.

Edited by DriftBusta

6 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

I have no idea what big grocery chains you are talking about, however there are ERISA laws in place to prevent anyone‘s pension or retirement plans being raided.   To my knowledge these laws have been in place since 1974.  As far as Trump, Your lack of knowledge is shining bright he declared bankruptcy five times over the course of a 40 year career and over 500 companies. It’s safe to say he’s contributed more to the GDP then you have, regardless of who he may or may not have stiffed, by a factor of at least 1000.  So lose the lame talking point, it’s dumb.

Stay in school, learn a skill or earn a marketable degree and save your money. I am not big on excuses, that’s what it takes.  If you don’t have the capital but your idea is good enough there are lots of venture capitalists out there looking for the next big thing.  If you can’t do that, I really don’t want to hear why that is trumps fault.

It has nothing to do with starting a business. Starting a business takes balls, most of these naysayers have zero balls. And I say that as somebody who’s gotten his balls almost ripped off over a bad business decision. Thankfully my good decisions have outweighed the few bad ones I have made.  Trumps track record overall is indisputable, yet you have RevKev focusing on .0001% of his overall business activity.  Anyone who has done the same does not need to have it explained to them.

What are they going to do for housing and food while they earn that marketable degree?  How much will it cost for the degree? Not $1,500.00 per year like the 80’s. 

btw. I’m not blaming Trump. But his fans are the ones delusional enough to think things are as easy today as they use to be.

Edited by revkevsdi

1 minute ago, revkevsdi said:

What are they going to do for housing and food while they earn that marketable degree?  How much will it cost for the degree? Not $1,500.00 per year like the 80’s. 

:lol:

Why dont you ask your brother or your dad....it obvious they have the brains in your family.

6 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

btw. I’m not blaming Trump. But his fans are the ones delusional enough to think things are as easy today as they use to be.

The degree is so you can work for someone else.  Surely you know this?

19 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Who Said That?  I’m just saying it’s still possible.  I met a nice black kid (28 year old kid)  last week at a recruiting event.  Grew up in Hartford, urban high minority school system, etc.  But this kid was raised right, got his 4 year degree, went to work at Enterprise, got promoted several times and was just an achiever.  Content of his character is what matters.  All the money n the world won’t help if they’re not raised right to seize the opportunity and do the work.  He was a really impressive young man, and Now he wants to get his securities licenses.  He didn’t need any excuses, he just got it done.  That’s why he’ll be a success in life.

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

Who Said That?  I’m just saying it’s still possible.  I met a nice black kid (28 year old kid)  last week at a recruiting event.  Grew up in Hartford, urban high minority school system, etc.  But this kid was raised right, got his 4 year degree, went to work at Enterprise, got promoted several times and was just an achiever.  Content of his character is what matters.  All the money n the world won’t help if they’re not raised right to seize the opportunity and do the work.  He was a really impressive young man, and Now he wants to get his securities licenses.  He didn’t need any excuses, he just got it done.  That’s why he’ll be a success in life.

What does he have at 28? 

Almost everyone I knew was well on their way by then. Houses half paid for or fully paid for. 

16 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

What does he have at 28? 

Almost everyone I knew was well on their way by then. Houses half paid for or fully paid for. 

Whew.  You are one out of touch cat.  I’m probably older than you and most I knew back then were just getting into the market.  Half or fully paid for?!  Not in this country. My daughter and her husband are both 28 make a combined 6 figure income and looking at starter homes, with 30-40kndown.

8 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Whew.  You are one out of touch cat.  I’m probably older than you and most I knew back then were just getting into the market.  Half or fully paid for?!  Not in this country. My daughter and her husband are both 28 make a combined 6 figure income and looking at starter homes, with 30-40kndown.

Wow!!!!’ You dumb fucker. You just proved that there is a huge divide And it has gotten wider.

In our area there were a lot of decent paying jobs people could get out of high school. If they didn’t drink, smoke and buy new cars to piss away the money, they’d have a down payment for a house before the kids that went to university graduated. 

There we lots of $10.00/hr factory jobs. 20 grand per year and you only had to save 10 grand to buy a $40,000.00 house. 1,000 square foot detached brick homes.  

University tuition was $1,500.00 per year , a shit box car was $500.00 plus $500.00 to insure.  Plant trees for the summer and you’d graduate with no debt and walk into A 30 grand per year job  unless you took basket weaving.  My wife was making $30 grand per year as a nurse. 

In 86 we were in our house for 100 grand. 12 years later we spent 80 grand building on. It’s worth well over 1 million now. 

What normal jobs are paying 6 times the wages they were in. 1986?

5 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Wow!!!!’ You dumb fucker. You just proved that there is a huge divide And it has gotten wider.

In our area there were a lot of decent paying jobs people could get out of high school. If they didn’t drink, smoke and buy new cars to piss away the money, they’d have a down payment for a house before the kids that went to university graduated. 

There we lots of $10.00/hr factory jobs. 20 grand per year and you only had to save 10 grand to buy a $40,000.00 house. 1,000 square foot detached brick homes.  

University tuition was $1,500.00 per year , a shit box car was $500.00 plus $500.00 to insure.  Plant trees for the summer and you’d graduate with no debt and walk into A 30 grand per year job  unless you took basket weaving.  My wife was making $30 grand per year as a nurse. 

In 86 we were in our house for 100 grand. 12 years later we spent 80 grand building on. It’s worth well over 1 million now. 

Good for you, your numbers are still fucked you live in the GTA correct? Most overpriced speculative area in North America.  I really have a little interest in going back-and-forth with you, you’ve proven to just be a hostile dip shit. With no interest in an honest conversation.

Edited by DriftBusta

6 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

You sure are stuck on factory jobs

1 minute ago, DAVE said:

You sure are stuck on factory jobs

Nope. You can’t read shit head. 

It’s obvious now that your old man had someone who owed him a favour. He got someone to take on his retarded son as an apprentice. 

Driftbitch started off with rental units. Talk about self made. Lol. 

Im guessing Arctic beta married money. 

You all were born on 2nd base and are patting yourselves on the back for getting a walk to 3rd. 

2 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

It’s obvious now that your old man had someone who owed him a favour. He got someone to take on his retarded son as an apprentice. 

You all were born on 2nd base and are patting yourselves on the back for getting a walk to 3rd. 

You have no idea what I started with. Just shut the fuck up. You’ve had one job your entire life and it started with daddy. Walk a mile in my shoes then come talk to me you limp wristed faggot

Edited by DriftBusta

8 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

You make it pretty clear your dad had a retarded son.

:lol:

9 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

You have no idea what I started with. Just shut the fuck up. You’ve had one job your entire life and it started with daddy. Walk a mile in my shoes then come talk to me you limp wristed faggot

Walking a mile in your shoes sounds like a curse. 

I guess I could have fucked up enough. But I’m glad I didn’t. 

8 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

That sounds like the typical path for most.

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

That sounds like the typical path for most.

Even if they did have the cash to buy that house I bet dad would still recommend putting a little down, making payments and investing the rest.

I’d rather have that money working for me than buried in the house. But we know that little beta fellow is scared of the market.

7 hours ago, revkevsdi said:

Poor Revbeta.  My FIL built a new home with his life savings in 2000 in TO and it appreciated 5-6 fold.  He did most of the work himself before he died from late stages of Leukemia.

They didn't have extra money to give us anything.  Big swing and a miss.  What else is new.

10 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Fixed.

Sweet fuck colleges are churning  out complete numbnuts.

Slowly looks over at university admin. and professors.

8 hours ago, revkevsdi said:

What does he have at 28? 

Good lord you're a toolbag, Half or fully paid for by 28? I've never met such a person. :lmao:

Who's bio is this?

Why not forgo highschool and dropout at 15 like the Newfie's did when I was 15 working summers in a dead end factory job.

I'm sure they all did as well as you're preaching here.:lol:

4 minutes ago, Edmo said:

Even if they did have the cash to buy that house I bet dad would still recommend putting a little down, making payments and investing the rest.

I’d rather have that money working for me than buried in the house. But we know that little beta fellow is scared of the market.

What are your mortgage rates at?

Our variable rates are around 3%, so it would take a 4.5% capital gain return for that to make sense.  We can't write off mortgage interest unless its coming from investment property.

If you can't beat that in the markets, you should kill yourself or whoever you are letting make investment decisions for you.

Your tax rate on long term capital gains is lower than ours.

Walking a mile in your shoes sounds like a curse. 

I guess I could have fucked up enough. But I’m glad I didn’t. 

ill put my resume, achievements, life experience and net worth up against yours any day Chooch.  Why are you so hateful?

19 hours ago, revkevsdi said:

What does he have at 28? 

:lol: Why do you lie so much?

18 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

"Out of touch".  :lmao: 

9 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

ill put my resume, achievements, life experience and net worth up against yours any day Chooch.  Why are you so hateful?

He's a bitter douche bag because he knows damn well he doesn't have what it takes to make it by himself in the real world.  Plus, way too many dodge balls to the face in high school.

• Haha 1