Wealth concentration near ‘levels last seen during the Roaring Twenties,’ study finds

Just now, steve from amherst said:

He just may be. Its the guy with the rolex , and Armani that is more likely the fraud.

yup,  big house bought with 5% down,  couple leased benzes and they think they have the world by the balls.  I watch what some of my kids friends parents do and I just shake my head when I know what they make yet they can "afford"  4-5 family trips a year new vehicles every couple and a 5-800k house.  I'm telling my kids they can't afford colleges their friends are going to so they are either getting a ton of financial support from extended family,  the school or they just don't care about being 50 and burying themselves in a 100-200k in cosigned loans that if their kids don't pay they have to  

10 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

I see it every week . $800,000 house , $130k parked in the driveway. Call to tell me they will have my $200 for me in just 2 more weeks. 

What about a $30g house?

And $300000+ parked in the driveway.

:lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

He just may be. Its the guy with the rolex , and Armani that is more likely the fraud.

Possibly, but I've found that to be somewhat rare.  Course, it depends on the setting.  Not many of those types rolling around in Chamber breakfasts.  :lol: 

What I've found more likely is, they've all had the knowledge/ luck/ skills somewhere along the way to be making or have made good bank, but...are retards with their money because the, "I'll just go make more" syndrome kicks in.  Ooops.

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Possibly, but I've found that to be somewhat rare.  Course, it depends on the setting.  Not many of those types rolling around in Chamber breakfasts.  :lol: 

What I've found more likely is, they've all had the knowledge/ luck/ skills somewhere along the way to be making or have made good bank, but...are retards with their money because the, "I'll just go make more" syndrome kicks in.  Ooops.

Luck and risk....

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

The Millionaire Next Door is a fascinating examination of the common characteristics of the millionaires living among us. Authors Thomas Stanley and William Danko debunk the myths and will give you a detailed view of what real millionaires look like.

good read

1 minute ago, steve from amherst said:

There hasn't been $30,000 houses around here since the early 80's.

Nor where i am now...but i get shit on by one member constant because thats all i paid.

Just now, Angry ginger said:

i paid 44k for my first condo in 1993,  only because i am cheap have i not spent more than that on a truck or boat since.  

Sweet. My first house was in Fitzwilliam NH ( southwestern) for $79k

THis one was a deal for $197k

Just now, DAVE said:

Nor where i am now...but i get shit on by one member constant because thats all i paid.

That's what Im looking to pay for my retirement home.lol And in a town with cheap taxes.

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

i paid 44k for my first condo in 1993,  only because i am cheap have i not spent more than that on a truck or boat since.  

What if you kick the bucket tomorrow?

Have you lived your life to its fullest?

Just now, DAVE said:

Luck and risk....

One of my most successful buddies expression is, I'd rather be lucky than good. We were out in Colorado a couple weeks ago and his daughter rented an Infiniti SUV which turned into a party barge for all the kids. One of them decided to ride on the roof resulting in the sunroof shattering. When he turned it in the rental place gave him a $50 credit for the inconvenience. Rather be lucky than good

1 minute ago, s pump said:

One of my most successful buddies expression is, I'd rather be lucky than good. We were out in Colorado a couple weeks ago and his daughter rented an Infiniti SUV which turned into a party barge for all the kids. One of them decided to ride on the roof resulting in the sunroof shattering. When he turned it in the rental place gave him a $50 credit for the inconvenience. Rather be lucky than good

Gotta like that!

1 minute ago, DAVE said:

Luck and risk....

Yup.  Gotta be willing to slide those chips into the table and bet on yourself to have a shot at it.  I've heard all the reasons in the book why somebody doesn't do it.  The only one that works is, they don't want to and are happy where they are.  Every other reason is just lack of balls and ability worked into an excuse.

The Millionaire Next Door is a fascinating examination of the common characteristics of the millionaires living among us. Authors Thomas Stanley and William Danko debunk the myths and will give you a detailed view of what real millionaires look like.

good read

Read it years ago.  First real millionaire I ever shook hands with met me and my then business partner at a BQQ restaurant wearing overalls and mud boots.  He was out duck hunting that morning.  AND YUP...driving an old F150.  Rumor was he was worth about 80 million.  He fucking loved us high energy whipper snappers! :lol:Me and my buddy laughed about that meeting for years.

Never assume you know shit about what somebody is worth by appearance.  

20 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

I would agree,  but when you pretend your parents success is yours or your living off their tit for your whole lifetime are you really any better than the welfare case who never stood a chance because they grew up in the ghetto.  I've seen some people really expand their parents success and they deserve credit for that as long as they are humble enough to give credit for their start,  also seen many that lost it all or are so stupid their parents parked them in a no show job so they don't fuck it up yet they act like they have the world by the balls.  Local car dealer sold off his successful brands over the last 5 years because he couldn't trust his kid to not fuck it up  

Yah, I see a lot of that as well.  One of the main problems with trying to transfer a business to kids is they are not pursuing their own dream and they don't really like it but see it as an easy way to make money.  Doesn't work well in the long run.

That's why my kid will follow his own path.

4 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Yup.  Gotta be willing to slide those chips into the table and bet on yourself to have a shot at it.  I've heard all the reasons in the book why somebody doesn't do it.  The only one that works is, they don't want to and are happy where they are.  Every other reason is just lack of balls and ability worked into an excuse.

Read it years ago.  First real millionaire I ever shook hands with met me and my then business partner at a BQQ restaurant wearing overalls and mud boots.  He was out duck hunting that morning.  AND YUP...driving an old F150.  Rumor was he was worth about 80 million.  He fucking loved us high energy whipper snappers! :lol:Me and my buddy laughed about that meeting for years.

Ive got a customer who looks like a hardcore biker. The hair , the beard , the tats. Was a little shocked when I asked his wife what he did for work and she told me he is a nuclear physicist.

15 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

good read

You would never know.

8 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

My neighbor is a perfect example of that...

10 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

The guy here in town we just passed away owned something like 4,000 apartments in Connecticut and Texas. He drove around in an old Ford Ranger in literally would drink black coffee and potato chips for lunch. Fortunately one of his sons it's pretty bright and will take over the Empire the other, not so much.

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

You would never know.

Nope. There is a sledding stop in northern Maine. Small restaurant, hotel ect. Guy who owns it is there eating breakfast every morning. Worn out dickies A barn coat that should have been tossed yrs ago and a 15 yr old pickup. Owns 1/2 the town.

Another guy like that in the town I grew up in. same old clothes. Same old pickup. Owns $12 mill in commercial realestate in one town