Wealth concentration near ‘levels last seen during the Roaring Twenties,’ study finds

Just now, steve from amherst said:

Nope. There is a sledding stop in northern Maine. Small restaurant, hotel ect. Guy who owns it is there eating breakfast every morning. Worn out dickies A barn coat that should have been tossed yrs ago and a 15 yr old pickup. Owns 1/2 the town.

Another guy like that in the town I grew up in. same old clothes. Same old pickup. Owns $12 mill in commercial realestate in one town

The guys wearing the suits aren't the ones with the real money.  That is likely the most important lesson you can teach people in sales.  

But they soon forget.:lol:

1 minute ago, s pump said:

The guy here in town we just passed away owned something like 4,000 apartments in Connecticut and Texas. He drove around in an old Ford Ranger in literally would drink black coffee and potato chips for lunch. Fortunately one of his sons it's pretty bright and will take over the Empire the other, not so much.

Just now, steve from amherst said:

Nope. There is a sledding stop in northern Maine. Small restaurant, hotel ect. Guy who owns it is there eating breakfast every morning. Worn out dickies A barn coat that should have been tossed yrs ago and a 15 yr old pickup. Owns 1/2 the town.

Another guy like that in the town I grew up in. same old clothes. Same old pickup. Owns $12 mill in commercial realestate in one town

Seeing a common thing here...why do people assume youre successful because of what you drive?

Im on disability and im rollin in a platty f 3fiddy

:news:

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

The guys wearing the suits aren't the ones with the real money.  That is likely the most important lesson you can teach people in sales.  

But they soon forget.:lol:

Funny thing is, when it comes to sales. Cops and salesmen are the easiest to sell to.

44 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Youve never had to work hard.

Typicical silver spooner bs.

I worked hard and smart. I increased the value of our family business and enriched myself and my parents along the way. 

But I have never pretended that I did it alone. I never for a moment thought I would be this rich without the head start I had. 

Things have only got worse for poor people since. We aren’t in the 1% but the head start my kids have on the average Canadian is huge. 

That is what all the anger from the clown posse is about.

You don’t want to admit your advantages. 

You want to pretend the playing field is fair in order to feel better about your success  

Just now, revkevsdi said:

I worked hard and smart. I increased the value of our family business and enriched myself and my parents along the way. 

But I have never pretended that I did it alone. I never for a moment thought I would be this rich without the head start I had. 

Things have only got worse for poor people since. We aren’t in the 1% but the head start my kids have on the average Canadian is huge. 

You want to pretend the playing field is fair in order to feel better about your success  

Derp...

45 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

I see it every week . $800,000 house , $130k parked in the driveway. Call to tell me they will have my $200 for me in just 2 more weeks. 

Just ran into one of those last week in a golf course community, the owner tried like hell to beat me down over a $275.00 job and I refused. What I'd really like to say sometime is..........."sir, we actually charge more to deal with cheap assholes such as yourself". :lol:

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, snoughnut said:

Just ran into one of those last week in a golf course community, the owner tried like hell to beat me down over a $275.00 job and I refused. What I'd really like to say sometime is..........."sir, we actually charge more to deal with cheap assholes such as yourself". :lol:

Cheaper_zpsqxpccfqa.jpg

9 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

The poor people in North America  are globally privileged and you refuse to even share your fake wealth.

If a lazy person can’t afford the newest smart phone I don’t give a rats ass. If they have shelter and food that’s all they need. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DAVE said:

No i laugh at you!

:lol:

Youre are so obsessed  with me.

Check how many times you comment on my posts you poor triggered piss ant. 

That coupled with your need to lie about me makes your last statement as laughable as your attempts to argue on this thread. 

Edited by revkevsdi

This thread has been funny. 

“The gap between the rich and poor is widening. “

Clown Posse : That’s bullshit, if you want money you just have to work hard.

Me: average factory wage is this (link provided)  average house is this(link provided ) show me a budget I how someone with nothing can work hard and get ahead based on the average factory wage  

clown: Posse :  derp deep lie lie deflect deflect  

Me:  It is not as easy for a poor person to be successful.

Clown Posse: That’s not true Jeff Bezos was a success and he started in a garage.

even the true story is he started 20 years ago with money from his parents that is now equivalent to 3 times the average American’s net worth. 

Me::finger:

8 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Check how many times you comment on my posts your poor triggered piss ant. 

Thst coupled with your need to lie about me makes your last statement as laughable as your attempts to argue on this thread. 

Derp

You lie about me constantly...

1 minute ago, revkevsdi said:

Me: average factory wage is this (link provided)  average house is this(link provided ) show me a budget I how someone with nothing can work hard and get ahead based on the average factory wage  

Clown Posse: That’s not true Jeff Bezos was a success and he started in a garage.

even the true story is he started 20 years ago with money from his parents that is now equivalent to 3 times the average American’s net worth. 

You literally made up all your stats :lol: 

16 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

The poor people in North America  are globally privileged and you refuse to even share your fake wealth.

If a lazy person can’t afford the newest smart phone I don’t give a rats ass. If they have shelter and food that’s all they need. 

The conversation isn’t about lazy people. It’s about poor people not having as many opportunities as they use to. 

34 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Good post.

LOL.

Why in the fuck is it always the people with the least (or no) amount of experience in starting up their own shop that always seem to feel they can lecture others who have done it?  Then, lecture the ones who have done it successfully on how they were able to do it?

Astonishing really.

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Right but you and your brother think growing up hard involves your parents owning a Hatteras.

:lol: You're such a bitter hater it’s breathtaking.

1 hour ago, motonoggin said:

Hey, it was used, so...

All new.  

1 hour ago, DAVE said:

The emotional one trying to make the thread about wolfie....smh.

He’s a piece of work isn’t he?

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Good point as was the pickup they were given to maintain the grounds at the folks rental properties.

No that was bought new too, be sure and update your notes.  

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

Gary is pretty grounded and really made his own way and appreciates what his parents went through for their sucess.  

:news: 

57 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Nor where i am now...but i get shit on by one member constant because thats all i paid.

Old man always told us to not count other people’s money.  I’m guessing a few of these guys in here never learned that life lesson......The same guys with all the excuses.  

40 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

The worse thing you can do with those guys is do a cash job.

47 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

You would certainly be if you actually had even half of what you claim to have.

So now you down to playing Russian Roulette with two remaining customers.:lol:

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

The conversation isn’t about lazy people. It’s about poor people not having as many opportunities as they use to. 

There’s lots of opportunities. That’s not what they want. They want handouts 

24 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

This is what was in the start of the thread.

The 400 richest Americans – the top 0.00025 percent of the population – have tripled their share of the nation’s wealth since the early 1980s, according to a new working paper on wealth inequality by University of California at Berkeley economist Gabriel Zucman.

Do you really think that is a real accomplishment?  Sounds like they need serious help if that all.  Even GIC's would have beat that.:lol:

• Haha 1