Wealth concentration near ‘levels last seen during the Roaring Twenties,’ study finds

Just now, DriftBusta said:

Well if we actually had and enforced real antitrust regulation that prevented these corps being able to dominate various industries that issue might get controlled.  Of course that would mean we’d need real campaign finance laws that would minimize or eliminate all the influence peddling, but the public is kept distracted from that reality too.  But it starts there if we really want to fix the capitalist system that some of these guys want to burn down, and replace with something has never worked in the past.

And how do you propose that be done? 

It's not like Congress is going to voluntarily regulate themselves and those who bribe them...

You’re not doing your best work here either.  Biggest thing these biased stats are ignoring is the wealth transfer that happens constantly, but is now accelerating at a faster pace due to the older generations dying off who represent a larger % of the population than the younger ones.  They also represent a huge portion of these net worth #s.  I’ll let you figure out how that will give a more accurate look at these doom and gloom#s these guys are peddling.  And while Ben wants to tax estates north of 10 mm, that were created by the thinkers and doers of the country, and give it to the black hole known as the Federal budget, history shows that the private sector is the far far better steward of that $ overall.

Well I am certainly not for giving wealth back to the govt so they can give it to their benefactors. Corps have used the govt to give them everything they want which has created massive wealth concentration. Now they are using the govt and our tax dollars to secure the world's resources for themselves. Once they have that the middle class and smaller corps are going to get fucked. We are giving them our capital and they are giving us their debt. They (our govt, your precious "conservatives") just gave corps more of our money (tax dollars) and in return they gave us another half trillion a year in debt. Surely you know how to use a calculator, although I doubt you have one that has enough zeros to go to $22,000,000,000,000.00

1 minute ago, motonoggin said:

It's not like Congress is going to voluntarily regulate themselves and those who bribe them...

Just have to get rid of the democrats ... gnar... gnar..

7 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

It’s been tried in western Canada many times and almost always certainly fail. It’s not a 9-5 job and city people are just way to dumb to make it work.

And from an investment standpoint they can’t pay as much as the locals can for land because simple rent won’t cover it 

I don't think you are following, not surprised. 

Just now, motonoggin said:

The public.  A true populist movement.  And you don’t think people like AOC and even Trump are in some way, a manifestation of that-the notion that we want someone to come in and challenge these entrenched shit bags?  We’re all disgusted with our government, some of us just have different ideas on how to fix it.

5 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Well if we actually had and enforced real antitrust regulation that prevented these corps being able to dominate various industries that issue might get controlled.  Of course that would mean we’d need real campaign finance laws that would minimize or eliminate all the influence peddling, but the public is kept distracted from that reality too.  But it starts there if we really want to fix the capitalist system that some of these guys want to burn down, and replace with something has never worked in the past.

Ours is going downhill, and gaining speed. You keep voting for one party or the other and I'm sure eventually one of them will fix it. 

4 minutes ago, Anler said:

Just have to get rid of the democrats ... gnar... gnar..

Find me some moderates in that party and I’m all for them being part of the solution.  Can you name any in the Democratic Party right now?  I don’t think any of those ladies in the white dresses are, none of them have had a dick since the Nixon years by the looks of them. :lol: 

Edited by DriftBusta

Just now, Rod Johnson said:

Yes because you’re clueless as usual lol 

Right... your liberal leaders will completely sell you out in the not so distant future and then you can tell us all about it... 

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

The public.  A true populist movement.  And you don’t think people like AOC and even Trump are in some way, a manifestation of that-the notion that we want someone to come in and challenge these entrenched shit bags?  We’re all disgusted with our government, some of us just have different ideas on how to fix it.

When virtually all candidates are handpicked capitalist stooges, elections won't do shit.

The only thing that will get the attention of the elites is dragging them into the streets and murdering them in the most gruesome possible way. 

Find me some moderates in that party and I’m all for them being part of the solution.  Can you name any in the Democratic Party?

I don't vote for any democrats so no. 

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

Good poast.

Just now, Anler said:

Ours is going downhill, and gaining speed. You keep voting for one party or the other and I'm sure eventually one of them will fix it. 

It's not.  It's not "gaining" right now.  With AOC and Trump there...DC is taking some interesting stock.  Is it enough, no.  but it doesn't have to be as long as they can keep half the population defending them.  Wanna find the enemy here?  It's the citizens defending DC's fuckery.  Yep..THAT"S THE LIBERAL FASCIST MOVEMENT.

When virtually all candidates are handpicked capitalist stooges, elections won't do shit.

The only thing that will get the attention of the elites is dragging them into the streets and murdering them in the most gruesome possible way. 

I think you may be right. 

Just now, Zambroski said:

Good poast.

It's not.  It's not "gaining" right now.  With AOC and Trump there...DC is taking some interesting stock.  Is it enough, no.  but it doesn't have to be as long as they can keep half the population defending them.  Wanna find the enemy here?  It's the citizens defending DC's fuckery.  Yep..THAT"S THE LIBERAL FASCIST MOVEMENT.

No? Your conservatives raised spending half a trillion dollars a year in a growing economy. If that sounds like fixing to you then welcome to Venezuela bud. :bc:

2 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

:lol: Get started.  Right now, I'm seeing a half-witted, outnumbered police force scaring and beating the shit out of your gang of "revolutionaries".  Recruit better.

Just now, Anler said:

No? Your conservatives raised spending half a trillion dollars a year in a growing economy. If that sounds like fixing to you then welcome to Venezuela bud. :bc:

You are shifting here.  This indeed is a problem of spending but, not necessarily linked to the subject.

4 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

That could happen unfortunately.  Who gets to be judge, jury and executioner?

3 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Democrats are right wing.

Maybe pols like Hilary or in your mind, not people like AOC.  Your fringe views aren’t held by most. 

1 minute ago, Anler said:

Trump either turns that around, via increased revenues, lower budgets or both or he’s toast, agreed.  I’m not going to defend his budget but I understand what he’s trying to do within the existing system.  And I’m not saying it’s necessarilly working either, despite the strong economy we have right now.  Deficits do have to be confronted.  He’s only got a couple more years.  

Maybe pols like Hilary or in your mind, not people like AOC.  Your fringe views aren’t held by most. 

Trump either turns that around, via increased revenues, lower budgets or both or he’s toast, agreed.  I’m not going to defend his budget but I understand what he’s trying to do within the existing system.  And I’m not saying it’s necessarilly working either, despite the strong economy we have right now.  Deficits do have to be confronted.  He’s only got a couple more years.  

The people will handle those responsibilities. The elites should have thought about getting gutted alive and having their entrails strewn about town like Christmas bunting before they decided to hoard all the wealth.

AOC is still a capitalist. Anyone who wants to preserve capitalism is the enemy of the people. 

Just now, Zambroski said:

:lol: Get started.  Right now, I'm seeing a half-witted, outnumbered police force scaring and beating the shit out of your gang of "revolutionaries".  Recruit better.

You are shifting here.  This indeed is a problem of spending but, not necessarily linked to the subject.

It's absolutely linked, the fake news and not as fake news you watch gives you the talking points and the facts they want you to see. What if fox news came on the tv and said, "The federal govt just voted to give the world's largest corporations $500 billion dollars of us tax payers money. To pay for this massive give away Congress is proposing cuts to the social security and Medicare." "Next up, us and Israeli troops have secured land in southern Syria and is providing security for Genie Energy (dick cheney and Rupert Murdoch's oil company) to perform drilling operations in the region. And how long will it take for the US to acquire Venezuela's oil reserves? None of the coup attempts have worked so far but look what they are planning now. Stay tuned!"

The people will handle those responsibilities. The elites should have thought about getting gutted alive and having their entrails strewn about town like Christmas bunting before they decided to hoard all the wealth.

AOC is still a capitalist. Anyone who wants to preserve capitalism is the enemy of the people. 

So, nobody then.  Nobody is going to handle any "judgement responsibilities".  

I enjoy your vagaries though.

6 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Bill Clinton and a Republican Congress balanced the budget. That was before the blow job, Iraq war, economic collapse, and the black guy in the White House. 

Just now, Anler said:

It's absolutely linked, the fake news and not as fake news you watch gives you the talking points and the facts they want you to see. What if fox news came on the tv and said, "The federal govt just voted to give the world's largest corporations $500 billion dollars of us tax payers money. To pay for this massive give away Congress is proposing cuts to the social security and Medicare." "Next up, us and Israeli troops have secured land in southern Syria and is providing security for Genie Energy (dick cheney and Rupert Murdoch's oil company) to perform drilling operations in the region. And how long will it take for the US to acquire Venezuela's oil reserves? None of the coup attempts have worked so far but look what they are planning now. Stay tuned!"

Ooooof!  :lol: 

Image result for baby duck gif

5 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Good talk.  I tried.  :bc: 

one last ?   Who gets to be the entrails guy?