WaPo Reporter: Bezos’ Investigators Think ‘Government Entity’ Might Have Leaked His Sexts to National Enquirer

This story ain’t going anywhere  

Washington Post reporter dropped a bombshell Thursday night: that investigators working for Jeff Bezosbelieve “a government entity” may have obtained his text messages, and rather than a phone hack, that this is how the National Enquirer got them.

Bezos hired a team of investigators to look into how, late last year, the Enquirerobtained the raunchy text messages he exchanged with Lauren Sanchez while still married to his longtime wife. The billionaire founder of Amazon claimed in an explosive post published Thursdaythat the Enquirer, which is published by Trump-pal David Pecker, recently tried to extort him by threatening to release explicit photos he sent Sanchez if he continued the investigation.

On MSNBC Thursday night, Washington Post reporter Manuel Roig-Franzia said he had “spoken extensively” with the head of Bezos’ investigation, security consultant Gavin de Becker.

“They have begun to believe, the Bezos camp, that this publication by the National Enquirer might have been politically motivated,” Roig-Franzia said.

“Gavin de Becker told us that he does not believe that Jeff Bezos’s phone was hacked,” the reporter continued. “He thinks it’s possible that a government entity might have gotten hold of his text messages.”

Bezos has published the graphic extortion messages, which you can read here. After his revelations, journalist Ronan Farrow came out with his own accusations against the Enquirer, which you can read about here.

David Pecker, the CEO of National Enquirer parent company AMI, is a longtime ally of President Donald Trump. The company has been cooperating with investigators in the Southern District of New York ever since it admitted to making a $150,000 “catch-and-kill” payment to rid of a story about an alleged affair Trump had with former Playboy model Karen McDougal.

Trump and Bezos, meanwhile, are longtime foes.

Watch above, via MSNBC.

Have a tip we should know? tips@mediaite.com

Just now, Anler said:

National Enquirer has been trying to extort Bezos. Those dumb fucks put their extortion demands in a fucking email. Good for him for standing up and calling them out. 

The question remains, how did pecker get the texts? Fun and games. This is gonna get good. 

5 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

The question remains, how did pecker get the texts? Fun and games. This is gonna get good. 

It’s clear.  Isn’t it?  It lays it out (for you and yours) in the article.  Trump ordered the FCC and other “government agencies” to intercept the pictures then, send them to Pecker for an extortion attempt.

Trump is going down HARD!!!!

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

I'd guess the wife sent them or the girlfriends pissed off husband.  :lol:  

Edited by Highmark

15 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I'd guess the wife sent them or the girlfriends pissed off husband.  :lol:  

No whey!  How did Trump get involved then?  You are fake news.

5 minutes ago, $poorsledder$ said:

Did the Russians have the pictures?

WAPO hasn't tied them in yet.  It's coming though.  Give them a day or so.  Good fiction takes time you know.

29 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

I saw something about the Saudis being involved. And the Khoshoggi killing may have been an intimidation attempt in addition to just murder. 

Just now, ActionfigureJoe said:

It’s been a touchy subject for him. 

It's not at all.  I'm trying to save you!  Sooner or later, TDS (THUD) will reach terminal levels.  Millions will hopefully kill themselves off.  I don't want you to be one of them. Helping people is what I do!  :lmao: 

20 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

It’s clear.  Isn’t it?  It lays it out (for you and yours) in the article.  Trump ordered the FCC and other “government agencies” to intercept the pictures then, send them to Pecker for an extortion attempt.

I can’t imagine a sitting president being stupid enough to use government resources to gain an advantage over a perceived adversary. Especially the wealthiest man in the world with cutting edge AI resources. That would never happen 

22 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Very unlikely Trump is directly involved but the premise of the extortion does involve Trump. 

I can’t imagine a sitting president being stupid enough to use government resources to gain an advantage over a perceived adversary. Especially the wealthiest man in the world with cutting edge AI resources. That would never happen 

Like Obama did? Well the Obama administration anyway. IRS, Trump spying. Foreign govt spying... Extortion is always on the table in politics

Just now, Anler said:

Very unlikely Trump is directly involved but the premise of the extortion does involve Trump. 

Of course it does.  They "dot connect" him at least twice in the article and present the assumption Trump is behind the government getting these pics illegally.

:lol: 

I mean.... :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:

Image result for maddow gif

Just now, Anler said:

The texts either came from a close source to bezos or an entity that had the capacity to obtain them covertly. That’s the question to be answered. Fun stuff. 

The texts either came from a close source to bezos or an entity that had the capacity to obtain them covertly. That’s the question to be answered. Fun stuff. 

:lol:

I gotta leave now...I'm almost shitting myself.  Carry on, ham skillet!!!  :lol: 

2 minutes ago, Anler said:

Like Obama did? Well the Obama administration anyway. IRS, Trump spying. Foreign govt spying... Extortion is always on the table in politics

If he did it where’s the indictments? I’m sorry, but when the enemy has total control of the White House and Congress for two years and nothing comes of the allegations, it’s a farse. 

5 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

If he did it where’s the indictments? I’m sorry, but when the enemy has total control of the White House and Congress for two years and nothing comes of the allegations, it’s a farse. 

Good question. We know it was done, that was exposed. 

45 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

You sure get emotional over the most meaningless shit.  It's kinda weird.  You should find a hobby.