It's so fucking amazing

f7ben

2 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Also 2 hours to shovel the driveway after work today...

I ran the snowblower for 1/2 hour tonight after a 12 hour shift. Didnt love doing it but was amazed at the amount of snow we have. Snowbanks are high as fuck everywhere.

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

I ran the snowblower for 1/2 hour tonight after a 12 hour shift. Didnt love doing it but was amazed at the amount of snow we have. Snowbanks are high as fuck everywhere.

Few weeks back, my dad and I talked about how sledding was in the mid-late 90's and even early 2000's around home.  Poker runs every weekend, every ditch tracked up, tons of sleds at anyplace with booze, club banquets, etc.  Don't see pretty much any of that anymore. 

8 minutes ago, f7ben said:

This is what winters used to be like.

We have serious snow. 30"+ on the ground and a great base. 

What a fucking awesome winter

Where the hell are you? Idk how I don't already know this lol

Jesus.  Ben brought a whole lot of queerness back from Indiana. NIce thread you faggot.  :lol: 

I was telling my wife the same after I cleared the driveway for a second time yesterday.  THIS is what they are supposed to be.  It's been at least two winters ago that we had this.  I had to go dig my mailbox out of the fucking snowbank.  Completely covered.  Dogs can easily look over the top of my fence.  Fuckers are plotting their escape!

Sledding into April this year for sure.  I even see May riding possible in the Arrowhead.  Wooo Hoooo!!!

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

This is Barnard Road Charlevoix, MI circa 1967.....haven't seen a winter like this since! 

IMG_4532.JPG.014e9908be3a2d1d1361d7fba4fe6c02.JPG

My uncle had a place in Gaylord back then. I can remember us all loading in his suburban (2 familys) because no one else had 4wd. :lol: 

• Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 minutes ago, Edmo said:

My uncle had a place in Gaylord back then. I can remember us all loading in his suburban (2 familys) because no one else had 4wd. :lol: 

We moved up here in 1975 and I remember a few whopper winters but nothing like that picture...just epic! 

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

12 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

This is Barnard Road Charlevoix, MI circa 1967.....haven't seen a winter like this since! 

Cool pic but really, who wants that shit?  Meh...my Ariens can handle it!  :lol: 

I think we only average about 6 or so feet of snow depth here in MN.  It usually gets too cold.  Good thing is, once we get the snow, it usually stays through the winter.  RIght now, we are good to go for the whole sledding season.

7 hours ago, f7ben said:

Where are you working now?  You don’t need to be specific, just wondering what line of work. We are going through the usual BS here in NY. Get some good snow for a base, then a few days later a warm spelll to take it all away. Same old pattern that worsens every year. 

35 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Are you sure that is a valid pic? Ive seen similar before and they either were fake, or not from areas claimed. That looks like one of them.

Half inch of ice finally melted when we got back up to almost 50 again yesterday now today in the teens, windy and LES. Mother Nature needs to make up her damn mind already 

37 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

Are you sure that is a valid pic? Ive seen similar before and they either were fake, or not from areas claimed. That looks like one of them.

My daughter showed me...it was on her facebook and pretty sure it's legit but who knows anymore. 😂

Despite everything Winters were much worse back in my youth.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

There is usually 5 feet of snow in the woods of western Maine right now. All the snow banks are plowed at two or three different levels. Climate change. Pfft. 

your day will eventually come. i've personally witnessed snow levels receding year to year from VA up to NY. when i first moved here in 2005 some of the locals laughed at my predictions. the same locals who are now out of the sport because of the weather. soon you won't be able to give sleds away in some of these areas. 

+

1 hour ago, Snoslinger said:

Where are you working now?  You don’t need to be specific, just wondering what line of work. We are going through the usual BS here in NY. Get some good snow for a base, then a few days later a warm spelll to take it all away. Same old pattern that worsens every year. 

Its really pissing me off too!!!!..We would be rocking if we wouldnt have gotten that warm up sunday thru tuesday..:wall:

Have you gotten out at all riding?? 

2 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

your day will eventually come. i've personally witnessed snow levels receding year to year from VA up to NY. when i first moved here in 2005 some of the locals laughed at my predictions. the same locals who are now out of the sport because of the weather. soon you won't be able to give sleds away in some of these areas. 

+

Hey there is a lot of snow where Woolie rides so there can't possibly be climate change....fucking dolt he is. 😂

• Haha 1