Green New Deal: Ocasio-Cortez aims to make air travel obsolete, aid those ‘unwilling’ to work

5 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Imagine hi speed rail connecting major metropolitan areas, in fact no need to imagine it's happening already.

What's laughable is that you don't know what efforts have getting implemented over the past decades to make buildings green, energy efficiency, green roofs, concrete that absorbs CO2, etc.

Massive plantings of forest is great idea, but it's not going to be free, the Amazon rain forest has been getting cut and burned for the last 40 years for grazing and farming, so you're going to have to offer those landowners income to turn there land back into a CO2 sponge. Now I'm not saying that it's not worth it, but you nickel shitters don't want to spend money on anything.

I did, and of course it's not going to happen in 10 years, but it has already started.

It's good to see some folks in government to come up with ideas for the future. There is nothing wrong with thinking radical, as anyone with half a brain knows you have to throw a lot of shit on the wall before something sticks. Of course when you go to Fox News all you see is that it is a disaster, and then of course you come here and it's parroted, take a read :thumb:

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/democrats-green-new-deal-is-a-crazy-new-deal-that-would-be-a-disaster-for-us-all

Green roofs are a disaster waiting to happen.  Stupid politicians with no clue. 

Trees, forests :thumb:

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Green roofs are a disaster waiting to happen.  Stupid politicians with no clue. 

Trees, forests :thumb:

They've been doing them around here for at least 20 years. :dunno:

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, Mileage Psycho said:

It's called aiming high.

Poor Jimmy the name caller, so sad.

It's called a fucking fairytale and your game is stale Vince.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

8 hours ago, hwytohell said:

Wonder what all the union members working in the aircraft , automotive and energy producing  fields think of this dem  , ho, ho , ho, green  giant plan ??

New technologies brings new jobs. There was a time when the horse carriage workers hated cars. 

BTW aim hight all you want but the minute she said she wants to make air travel obsolete she lost a lot of people and not just Fox viewers but let's not ruin your narrative Vince.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

But it's a disaster waiting to happen :lol:

I wonder where these guys come up with this nonsense?

I think they have been programmed to hate anything that is considered environmentally friendly. :dunno:

Edited by Anler

2 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

You're stale Jim, your brain is pickled.

Oh that's cute...always back to that line eh Vince.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

9 hours ago, Kivalo said:

Shes from NY. I'm from NY. How the hell am I supposed to enjoy what this batshit crazy broad wants to do?

Just enjoy her.  You don’t like sitcoms?

17 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Imagine hi speed rail connecting major metropolitan areas, in fact no need to imagine it's happening already.

What's laughable is that you don't know what efforts have getting implemented over the past decades to make buildings green, energy efficiency, green roofs, concrete that absorbs CO2, etc.

Massive plantings of forest is great idea, but it's not going to be free, the Amazon rain forest has been getting cut and burned for the last 40 years for grazing and farming, so you're going to have to offer those landowners income to turn there land back into a CO2 sponge. Now I'm not saying that it's not worth it, but you nickel shitters don't want to spend money on anything.

I did, and of course it's not going to happen in 10 years, but it has already started.

It's good to see some folks in government to come up with ideas for the future. There is nothing wrong with thinking radical, as anyone with half a brain knows you have to throw a lot of shit on the wall before something sticks. Of course when you go to Fox News all you see is that it is a disaster, and then of course you come here and it's parroted, take a read :thumb:

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/democrats-green-new-deal-is-a-crazy-new-deal-that-would-be-a-disaster-for-us-all

You seriously sound like an uneducated partisan hack.  Were you his bad when you were a republican?

This is unrealistic.  You people sound like a bunch of pot smokers sitting around making “big plans” for the future.

It’s just dumb.

1 minute ago, Mileage Psycho said:

My front and back yard is maintenance, green roofs aren't anymore maintenance than a yard and they're nothing new.

Just now, Mileage Psycho said:

Aim high :thumb: 

WTF

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

WTF

What he is saying (whether his meth head realizes it or not) is, your roof should now need weekly maintenance like your yard.

Look how much of progressive, big thinker he is!!!!!!

Sweet fuck!