Green New Deal: Ocasio-Cortez aims to make air travel obsolete, aid those ‘unwilling’ to work

2 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Yes Vince progress is eliminating air travel in twelve years....quit being such a fucking cunt.

We sent people to the moon 60 years ago. I think if we put out minds to it we could come up with an awesome means of global travel. I like big thinkers

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, f7ben said:

We sent people to the moon 60 years ago. I think if we put out minds to it we could come up with an awesome means of global travel. I like big thinkers

Pronlem is...she isnt thinking...its all hot air where shes concerned.

• Platinum Contributing Member
55 minutes ago, f7ben said:

She says make air travel obsolete...are you saying she is a big thinker? 

59 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Nope.   Not the way air travel accommodates.    Ever look at what just our airspace looks like any given day?   Almost 2 million people fly in the US per day.    

42 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

This broad is fucking retarded!

Seriously she is the gift that keeps on giving.   Imagine going around to all these industries and saying.....sorry too bad you will have to do something else.   This is a gift from God for the GOP.   It really is.  

14 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Nope.   Not the way air travel accommodates.    Ever look at what just our airspace looks like any given day?   Almost 2 million people fly in the US per day.    

You're a small thinker. An iPhone has enough computing power to route air traffic in the US

Just now, f7ben said:

You're a small thinker. An iPhone has enough computing power to route air traffic in the US

Not my point.   The infrastructure of handling that many people to that many places would be unimaginable.   American's value their time too much for this to happen in the next 50 years.   

6 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Not my point.   The infrastructure of handling that many people to that many places would be unimaginable.   American's value their time too much for this to happen in the next 50 years.   

Our antiquated system currently in place was developed in that amount of time

Like I said......small thinker

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

No rational thinker.   More efficient air travel is the way we should be going.    Not multi trillion dollar high speed rail.  

Edited by Highmark

• Gold Member
30 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Man...don’t be mean.  Just enjoy her.  I adore the shit out of her.

Shes from NY. I'm from NY. How the hell am I supposed to enjoy what this batshit crazy broad wants to do?

5 minutes ago, f7ben said:

So who are the big thinkers that are going to develop this new whiz bang teleportation system....AOC and her ilk because they have zero ideas.....the best option is private industry and large investors  and she despises those people. 

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

12 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

So who are the big thinkers that are going to develop this new whiz bang teleportation system....AOC and her ilk because they have zero ideas.....the best option is private industry and large investors  and she despises those people. 

The government can incentivize certain behaviours and dissuade others. You know this

Imagine how many people go from coast to coast every day.   No efficient way of setting that up.   Multiple rails all the way across the country for travel both directions.   Then going off coast.  :lol:   So you save air travel for off land travel but it gets 10x's more expensive simple because of volume of planes built drop a huge %.   

The laughable thing about climate change is there is hardly any talk about ways to to scrub or use up Co2.   Massive plantings of forests to name just one.   Its always govt control of our lives.     

Edited by Highmark

24 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Imagine how many people go from coast to coast every day.   No efficient way of setting that up.   Multiple rails all the way across the country for travel both directions.   Then going off coast.  :lol:   So you save air travel for off land travel but it gets 10x's more expensive simple because of volume of planes built drop a huge %.   

The laughable thing about climate change is there is hardly any talk about ways to to scrub or use up Co2.   Massive plantings of forests to name just one.   Its always govt control of our lives.     

Why are you so fixated on rail....I never mentioned it

8 hours ago, Highmark said:

Imagine hi speed rail connecting major metropolitan areas, in fact no need to imagine it's happening already.

What's laughable is that you don't know what efforts have getting implemented over the past decades to make buildings green, energy efficiency, green roofs, concrete that absorbs CO2, etc.

Massive plantings of forest is great idea, but it's not going to be free, the Amazon rain forest has been getting cut and burned for the last 40 years for grazing and farming, so you're going to have to offer those landowners income to turn there land back into a CO2 sponge. Now I'm not saying that it's not worth it, but you nickel shitters don't want to spend money on anything.

7 hours ago, f7ben said:

Why are you so fixated on rail....I never mentioned it

I did, and of course it's not going to happen in 10 years, but it has already started.

It's good to see some folks in government to come up with ideas for the future. There is nothing wrong with thinking radical, as anyone with half a brain knows you have to throw a lot of shit on the wall before something sticks. Of course when you go to Fox News all you see is that it is a disaster, and then of course you come here and it's parroted, take a read :thumb:

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/democrats-green-new-deal-is-a-crazy-new-deal-that-would-be-a-disaster-for-us-all

47 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

When did I ever say anything about air travel being eliminated in 12 years? :news:

Poor Jimmy, so simple, so sad.

AOC wants to make air travel obsolete, you are running your cock holster about big thinkers and people being afraid....do the math twat.