Green New Deal: Ocasio-Cortez aims to make air travel obsolete, aid those ‘unwilling’ to work

Just now, motonoggin said:

6 times. Delayed or cancelled three times. Always on the way home.

Hmmm. 12-14 times for me in the last 5 years. 40 times in the last 30 years. 

I remember being delayed by weather twice. Every other time it was smooth flying just like 99% of the airports I fly through. 

No way would I take a train over an airplane for the places and amount of times I fly. 

11 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

I remember being delayed by weather twice. Every other time it was smooth flying just like 99% of the airports I fly through. 

No way would I take a train over an airplane for the places and amount of times I fly. 

It's probably because I'm connecting to relatively small airports out of Chicago. I hear they cancel those small flights all the time. I've made it a point to take nonstop flights and if I can't, avoid O'Hare at all costs, especially in winter. Fuckers freak out over 4" of snow.

6 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

This isn't even a rational conversation for those that aren't mentally insane...or, whose travel experience is minimal.

31 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

You have to be mildly retarded to not fly out of Midway instead of O,Hate. At least if you are flying domestic.

Agreed.  O'hare, Philly Int'l, DC Dulles, LAX and anything in NY can suck a dick.  

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Edmo said:

A guy I knew from high school owned that place when we were younger. We had some good times in there. :bc: 

I haven't been there since the early 90's but I vividly remember the women despite being pickled at the time! 

5 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I prefer Detroit over OHare for connections.  

Virtually all of my wifes family is in Chicago. We fly in and out of OHare constantly. Not just connections but actually in and out at least once per year. 

Ive never had an issue that was of any real inconvenience. 

We traveled through Seattle yesterday on our way from Anc to Vegas. They were calling it Snowpocolypse and Snowmagedon. Looked like about 6” of fresh at the airport. Hundreds and hundreds of flights cancelled. Our flight from SeaTac to Vegas was delayed for about 1:45 because our pilots and crew were delayed coming out of San Diego.  Made it to vegas just over an hour later than scheduled

I travel a lot. For 35 years I was on a minimum of 54 commercial flying days per year. Hundreds of flights per year. Now that im unemployed ive cut it back to about 20 flying days per year. 

OHare has never given me any trouble. 

2 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Virtually all of my wifes family is in Chicago. We fly in and out of OHare constantly. Not just connections but actually in and out at least once per year. 

Ive never had an issue that was of any real inconvenience. 

We traveled through Seattle yesterday on our way from Anc to Vegas. They were calling it Snowpocolypse and Snowmagedon. Looked like about 6” of fresh at the airport. Hundreds and hundreds of flights cancelled. Our flight from SeaTac to Vegas was delayed for about 1:45 because our pilots and crew were delayed coming out of San Diego.  Made it to vegas just over an hour later than scheduled

I travel a lot. For 35 years I was on a minimum of 54 commercial flying days per year. Hundreds of flights per year. Now that im unemployed ive cut it back to about 20 flying days per year. 

OHare has never given me any trouble. 

I travel a lot as well.  Last week connected through Detroit, flight back home on Thursday was delayed til Friday morning back to Toronto.  Shit happens.  OHare is known for delays, so I try to avoid connections through it and I have flown there or through there well over 100 times in the past 30 years.   

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I travel a lot as well.  Last week connected through Detroit, flight back home on Thursday was delayed til Friday morning back to Toronto.  Shit happens.  OHare is known for delays, so I try to avoid connections through it and I have flown there or through there well over 100 times in the past 30 years.   

Once Alaska Air started nonstop flights from Anc to ORD in the early 90’s we pretty much flew them exclusively. AKAir knows how to deal with weather. 

I can remember dozens of times flying home from Thanksgiving and Christmas having to step over people sleeping on the floor in OHare. We were always in awe of how many flights were delayed or cancelled. But when we look up at the departures our flights would say “on time”. 

AKAir was bad ass again yesterday. I think over 400 flights through Seattle were cancelled. We were delayed an hour. 

36 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Once Alaska Air started nonstop flights from Anc to ORD in the early 90’s we pretty much flew them exclusively. AKAir knows how to deal with weather. 

I can remember dozens of times flying home from Thanksgiving and Christmas having to step over people sleeping on the floor in OHare. We were always in awe of how many flights were delayed or cancelled. But when we look up at the departures our flights would say “on time”. 

AKAir was bad ass again yesterday. I think over 400 flights through Seattle were cancelled. We were delayed an hour. 

I pmd slinger to ask where you are...he didnt reply....