75% polled on CNN and CBS have positive view if SOTU

jtssrx

I thought it was fine.  The old guys getting their due and their excitement wasa great moment. The little girl overcoming cancer was sweet.   The  woman who was freed was a good moment.   

Everyone was expecting a Berry, I’m driving the bus speech.  A 45 minute Twitter rant.  Of course partisan hacks will cherry pick something not to like.....that is what they do. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It seemed to go over pretty well.  Trump must have stayed on script.  it's more fun to see the MSM losing their minds over little idiocies than watching the whole thing.  From what I saw, Pelosi looked like she was falling in love with him...and wanted to take it up the ass.  'Course, Pence looked that way too so, may have just been the lighting.  :lol: 

Oh...Poor Cortez.  Jesus.  Getting blasted from both sides.

Shall we compare to 2014:

Overall, 53% had a "very positive" reaction to the President's speech, matching the highest rating of his presidency reached following his 2013 address. Another 20% said they had a somewhat positive reaction to his speech, 25% reported a negative one.

• USA Contributing Member

Did Nancy catch up on her "Game of Thrones" reading for the start of season 8 in April?  A lot of fat chicks wearing white, they should have stood up and sat down the hundred times like the rest of the crowd and got their workout done.

CNN:

WOLF BLITZER: Quickly, I want to go to David Chalian, he’s got an instant poll on how the country is reacting to, at least those who watched, what have you got there, David?

DAVID CHALIAN: At least those who watch. This is our first look at a new instant poll, but it is among speech watchers. I just want to stress here for a State of the Union address, the president’s partisans, his supporters tend to turn out to watch the speech. This is true of a president of either party. Tonight, we saw a heavily Republican-skewed audience turn out to watch the president’s speech. But, look at this. A very positive reaction from those who watched the speech tonight. 59 percent very positive, 17 percent somewhat positive, 23 percent negative.

2 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

43% of registered voters watched mostly republicans.

i can’t stand his voice anymore.

I don’t blame folks for not watching. Bunch of spoiled children in that chamber. Yes, he said something I agreed with, but I’m going to check and see what the cool kids are doing before I clap. 🤪

2 hours ago, Snoslinger said:

Well duh. The majority of the people who tuned in were republican. Same thing happens when dems give SOTU. Is this supposed to be breaking news? Here’s something that’s being ignored :news:

9999417A-F34E-432B-ADD0-BDD6F483896E.jpeg

lmfao the majority of CNN viewers who turned in to watch were R .

yeah ok 

7E61D05C-3364-4F2A-B97E-0576870A3ACE.jpeg

out of touch

1. lacking knowledge or information concerning current events and developments.
    "he seems surprisingly out of touch with recent economic thinking"
    • lacking in awareness or sympathy.
      "we have been betrayed by a government out of touch with our values"

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, Carlos Danger said:

2 plus years of 90% negative media coverage and Trump still polls near 50 and gets fair marks on his speech. Have we reached a tipping point where the public is tuning out the negative as just white noise?

Possibly, but he is bound to tweet something stupid within 24 hrs.

• Haha 1

7E61D05C-3364-4F2A-B97E-0576870A3ACE.jpeg

That's exactly the point.  Of course he has Republican support.  The good news for Trump is that 82% of Independents approved of the speech.

Independents swing states like FL, NC, PA, OH, MI, WI.

2 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

That's exactly the point.  Of course he has Republican support.  The good news for Trump is that 82% of Independents approved of the speech.

Independents swing states like FL, NC, PA, OH, MI, WI.

Independents win elections..