I trusted you!' Trump voters seethe after realizing they're getting screwed by the GOP's tax plan

I trusted you!' Trump voters seethe after realizing they're getting screwed by the GOP's tax plan

"Multiple supporters of President Donald Trump over the past couple of weeks have taken to Twitter to air their grievances about the president’s signature tax cut plan. 

Even though the 2017 GOP tax cut is leading to spiking federal deficits thanks to its generous benefits to corporations, many middle-class Americans are winding up having to pay more because the bill eliminated multiple deductions used by middle-class families to lower their annual tax payments. 

Among other things, the tax bill ended deductions for taxes paid to state and local governments, while massively increasing the amount of money you must donate to qualify for a charitable giving deduction." 

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/02/trusted-trump-voters-seethe-realizing-theyre-getting-screwed-gops-tax-plan/ 

The article doesn't even mention the elimination of the personal exemption which applied to everyone whether they itemized deductions or not. 

While this has been reported through the business news channels, the MSM has been pretty much absent on the impact 
of the so-called "tax package" 

I think a lot of folks are going to be quite surprised to find that the tax benefits are far less than they thought, and in many cases they may find they are paying significantly more taxes 

Corporations are the biggest beneficiary, and that is right out of the Reagan trickle down economics, which shown itself to be a failure time and again, whether applied at the national or state level, and increased the deficit. 

That and the insane trade war this administration started, along with removing the ACA mandate through the tax law, and other insidious ways to limit or deny food stamps and other "helping hands", to help the most vulnerable in our society, have actually increased the price of food, health insurance premiums, etc., which for many individuals who benefited from gains in the tax law, may find that gain completely erased by the increases in price of food, healthcare, etc. 

It will be interesting to see what happens after April how the middle class will be impacted

reading through the tweets the biggest issue for many who are bitching about no refund may be the new withholding tables.  with the changes removing deductions many of these peopel were used to high returns but instead got most of that in thei weekly/monthly pay.  End of the day effective tax rate is all that matters.  

I did my numbers quickly the other night and instead of getting a 2500 refund I'm getting about $80.  but i saw $50-100 pay period during the year.  best i figure it i am effective rate about the same with the lower rate offsetting the lack of deductions i once had with property taxes, mortgage interest and personal/dependent deductions.  

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 minutes ago, oleroule said:

their beef is with state government.

but hey, orange man bad.

A few Dumpers are tired of the lies......you not so much.   You’d pop your dentures out and give Dump a gummer in a heartbeat :lmao: 

My federal return was $800 more than 2017.. $3301 vs $2484 in 2017 even though I made 2k more than 2017, my NYS return was the same $800.. This year I had no summer camp to deduct also..Im happy..

What putz would give any failed gubbermint , local , state , federal , a interest free loan of your monies ?  Yup , the same people that purchase gubbermint run lottery tickets, thinking they could be on easy street .

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, hwytohell said:

What putz would give any failed gubbermint , local , state , federal , a interest free loan of your monies ?  Yup , the same people that purchase gubbermint run lottery tickets, thinking they could be on easy street .

Stupidity tax

2 hours ago, Mainecat said:

"Multiple supporters of President Donald Trump over the past couple of weeks have taken to Twitter to air their grievances about the president’s signature tax cut plan. 

Even though the 2017 GOP tax cut is leading to spiking federal deficits thanks to its generous benefits to corporations, many middle-class Americans are winding up having to pay more because the bill eliminated multiple deductions used by middle-class families to lower their annual tax payments. 

Among other things, the tax bill ended deductions for taxes paid to state and local governments, while massively increasing the amount of money you must donate to qualify for a charitable giving deduction." 

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/02/trusted-trump-voters-seethe-realizing-theyre-getting-screwed-gops-tax-plan/ 

The article doesn't even mention the elimination of the personal exemption which applied to everyone whether they itemized deductions or not. 

While this has been reported through the business news channels, the MSM has been pretty much absent on the impact 
of the so-called "tax package" 

I think a lot of folks are going to be quite surprised to find that the tax benefits are far less than they thought, and in many cases they may find they are paying significantly more taxes 

Corporations are the biggest beneficiary, and that is right out of the Reagan trickle down economics, which shown itself to be a failure time and again, whether applied at the national or state level, and increased the deficit. 

That and the insane trade war this administration started, along with removing the ACA mandate through the tax law, and other insidious ways to limit or deny food stamps and other "helping hands", to help the most vulnerable in our society, have actually increased the price of food, health insurance premiums, etc., which for many individuals who benefited from gains in the tax law, may find that gain completely erased by the increases in price of food, healthcare, etc. 

It will be interesting to see what happens after April how the middle class will be impacted

They must be the smart Trumpsters.  Very few on here have figured out that they were given a tiny percentage of the tax cut that Trumps wall Street and Oil buddies were given. 

Just now, revkevsdi said:

They must be the smart Trumpsters.  Very few on here have figured out that they were given a tiny percentage of the tax cut that Trumps wall Street and Oil buddies were given. 

1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

You can’t vote in the US just shut the fuck up.

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

well if there tax breaks are helping fuel the 2 buck gas i say thank you President Trump 

1 hour ago, Rigid1 said:

My federal return was $800 more than 2017.. $3301 vs $2484 in 2017 even though I made 2k more than 2017, my NYS return was the same $800.. This year I had no summer camp to deduct also..Im happy..

You’re happy that you got 1.6 percent while he gave 3.3 percent to his buddies.  It all adds on to the debt and you’ll end up paying It back along with the 1%’s share. 

Just now, revkevsdi said:

You’re happy that you got 1.6 percent while he gave 3.3 percent to his buddies.  It all adds on to the debt and you’ll end up paying It back along with the 1%’s share. 

Well im not one of his buddies and never will be so it doesnt matter to me... pretty simple

1 minute ago, Ez ryder said:

well if there tax breaks are helping fuel the 2 buck gas i say thank you President Trump 

Sorry but our lying conservative Doug Ford already took credit for the gas prices.  It can’t be your lying conservative who did it. 

56 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Net revenues were still up, economic investment and gdp rates are still strong, and my familys effective tax rate went down 2plus % in 18.  Spin that anyway you want.  

Edited by DriftBusta

3 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

reading through the tweets the biggest issue for many who are bitching about no refund may be the new withholding tables.  with the changes removing deductions many of these peopel were used to high returns but instead got most of that in thei weekly/monthly pay.  End of the day effective tax rate is all that matters.  

I did my numbers quickly the other night and instead of getting a 2500 refund I'm getting about $80.  but i saw $50-100 pay period during the year.  best i figure it i am effective rate about the same with the lower rate offsetting the lack of deductions i once had with property taxes, mortgage interest and personal/dependent deductions.  

Most red hat Americans are dumb. They thought trump was great because they were seeing $80 more on a paycheck. They failed to read the fine print. 

• Haha 1