Where did the tax cut go?

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/its-official-the-trump-tax-cuts-were-a-bust-2019-01-30

Some 84% of these economists reported that in the year since their passage, the tax cuts “have not caused their firms to change hiring or investment plans.”

So where is all that money going? Where else? Share buybacks, which hit a record $1.1 trillion in 2018. Companies actually spent more on buybacks than on capital investments in 2018’s first half, and remember, capex weakened as the year went on. Buybacks shrink the number of shares, boosting earnings per share and eventually, the stock price. That helps all shareholders, of course, but especially corporate executives, more than half of whose total compensation is in stock.

nd what happened to all the trillions of dollars the president promised corporations would bring back to the U.S.A. from overseas? That, too, has turned out to be a bust — the amount dropped 50% in the third quarter after starting out strong in the first half of 2018. See a pattern here?

As economists projected, the tax cuts did boost GDP a bit: When 2018’s final numbers are in, GDP probably will have grown 2.9-3%. That’s a nice jump from 2.2% in 2017 and the anemic 1.5% in 2016, the year Trump was elected. But it will be virtually identical with the 2.9% GDP growth recorded in 2015, the highest of the Obama years. Since economists expect U.S. GDP growth to slow to the mid-2% level this year — and some are even predicting a recession — that may turn out to be the peak of the Trump years, too.

Evidently the tax cut added 242 billion to your deficit. That’s 1/4 of the deficit. With reduced troop presence in the me. Your deficit should be dropping not increasing. 

According to the link below. Families earning 50-75 grand per year save 1.6% on their taxes.  Families making over a million save 3.3 %. 

The President who promised to fight for the little guy gave double the percentage to his rich buddies.  

https://www.npr.org/2017/12/19/571754894/charts-see-how-much-of-gop-tax-cuts-will-go-to-the-middle-class

How many times are you tax lovers going to fall for this shit?  This has been posted and reposted multiple times and it's a different dem-bot every time and it gets factually  proven incorrect every time it is posted  FFS get some new material.

1 minute ago, racer254 said:

How many times are you tax lovers going to fall for this shit?  This has been posted and reposted multiple times and it's a different dem-bot every time and it gets factually  proven incorrect every time it is posted  FFS get some new material.

BarbieHandsAIDsPatient isn't an American has zero involvement in any of it other than his stupidity :news: 

10 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

So it was all those companies gobbling up their stocks that drove prices down?

Can you read?  More important than that. Can you comprehend?

Your take away says no.

Trump campaigned on helping the middle class but gave them a tax cut that didn't create jobs and gave double the percentage break to the rich.  It's the reverse of progressive taxes.  

Families earning 50-75 grand per year save 1.6% on their taxes.  Families making over a million save 3.3 %. 

1 hour ago, revkevsdi said:

Your take away says no.

Trump campaigned on helping the middle class but gave them a tax cut that didn't create jobs and gave double the percentage break to the rich.  It's the reverse of progressive taxes.  

Families earning 50-75 grand per year save 1.6% on their taxes.  Families making over a million save 3.3 %. 

:bullshit: and :lies:all the sodomite posts 

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, revkevsdi said:

Your take away says no.

big fucking deal. I got a tx break. Someone who was getting fucked worse then me got a little better break. Oh the horror

Looks like middle class did among the best with the tax breaks25% to 22% and 28% to 24%...:dunno: upper middle class not so much 33% to 32% and 35% to 35%.....they and upper class  already pay their fair share IMO .... ..but not according to AOC I guess. Trumps plan benefited nearly everyone. I know I received a huge weekly break.

Thank you Mr. Prez

Screenshot_2019-02-03-23-13-32.png

Screenshot_2018-12-23-21-01-40.png

Screenshot_2018-12-23-21-01-24.png

10 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

That the thread is filled with Russian bots?

OR, that you actually did fill your diaper by 9am like clockwork?

Speaking of a repetitive moron........ 

Edited by SnowRider

3 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Speaking od a repetitive moron........ 

You're stuck on stupid still I see

It's "of" :thumb: and you even edited it at least once already  lolz

Edited by Skidooski

5 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

You're stuck on stupid still I see

It's "of" :thumb: and you even edited it at least once already  lolz

You bitch and moan.....then troll MC daily with the same stupidity. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

big fucking deal. I got a tx break. Someone who was getting fucked worse then me got a little better break. Oh the horror

You’re supposed to hate the rich bro. Get with the program!!!!!111

27 minutes ago, Edmo said:

You’re supposed to hate the rich bro. Get with the program!!!!!111

Yeah that is the mantra but let's be honest here and admit the rich are different from the rest of us and I'm not going to "hate" them but you sure as fuck won't catch me defending them.