Public Opinion on Abortion

34 minutes ago, Highmark said:

So a woman carries a baby until normal premature births can survive. 

Doctor: There is a problem, the baby might kill you.

Woman: Ok, then kill it.

Doctor: We can just deliver the baby C-Section or start the birthing process with medication....you can still have it naturally.

Woman:  No kill it.  

The whole point is basically once you get to this point an abortion is NOT about saving the mothers life.   Its because she does't want it.  

You want a kid from a psycho like that running around?  You want her to be forced to raise the kid?  Because you sure as fuck don’t argue for increased taxes in order to take care of the kid.  

After it’s born mosf anti choice people say, your baby, your problem.  Unless said baby gets preganant at 15 and then you’ll be interested again. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, J. Jackson said:

So "A ship without a rudder". is how you roll eh? Good for you. Now go finish the laundry.

Two sets of hands on the wheel......and you for the  chauvinistic stereotype to a T....  :lmao:   

10 minutes ago, J. Jackson said:

You couldn't have it more wrong. 35 years of a great marriage with a wife that  discuss's decisions to be made but leaves me with the last word as she understands that my decisions are for the good of both of us. Somebody has to be in "charge". Like it or not. 

Yikes.   She’s not a very good judge of character. I hardly know you but from what I’ve seen you shouldn’t even be able to choose the tv channel. 

But then again she chose you so her choices are suspect too. 

Cue the semi literate whiners who will accuse me of attacking his family. 

11 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

You want a kid from a psycho like that running around?  You want her to be forced to raise the kid?  Because you sure as fuck don’t argue for increased taxes in order to take care of the kid.  

After it’s born mosf anti choice people say, your baby, your problem.  Unless said baby gets preganant at 15 and then you’ll be interested again. 

At that point I want her to give it up for adoption.....not kill it.  Hundreds of thousands of couples (including gay couples) waiting for kids to adopt.  

You are right.   I only want a certain amount of tax dollars helping the poor because I understand private charity does it much better and without the losses of the govt bureaucracy and many charities today are not endless handouts.   They require some effort on the part of the needy.   Govt welfare can be endless without any effort on the individual except signing up.     

The idea that I don't want to help the needy is simply a foolish left wing talking point.  

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, revkevsdi said:

Yikes.   She’s not a very good judge of character. I hardly know you but from what I’ve seen you shouldn’t even be able to choose the tv channel. 

But then again she chose you so her choices are suspect too. 

Cue the semi literate whiners who will accuse me of attacking his family. 

Coming from someone who lists his current sled as your mom, well, that means a lot. Fucking loser...

50 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

old white mens emotions are irrelevant unless they are the father of the kid.  and the majority of the anti abortion crowd is lower educated.  

It is ironic that most people arguing this are probably past the point where they will be having kids, yet are so passionate about it. 

44 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

anytime you stick your dick in a women you have to realize she makes the choice,  whether it's to fuck you or what to do about it when she is knocked up.  She wants the kid you pay for 18 years,  she wants an abortion she gets one.  Want to try to cut a deal where you take the kid and she has no responsibility for it feel free to make that argument but end of the day she makes the choice.  

This imo is a major flaw in the argument.  If the woman has the right to choose so should men.  If a guy gets some random chick preganant he should be able to legally declare that he wants nothing to do with the child within 2 months of conception. Write a check for the abortion and be done. 

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

At that point I want her to give it up for adoption.....not kill it.  Hundreds of thousands of couples (including gay couples) waiting for kids to adopt.  

You are right.   I only want a certain amount of tax dollars helping the poor because I understand private charity does it much better and without the losses of the govt bureaucracy.   

The idea that I don't want to help the needy is simply a foolish left wing talking point.  

How many 8.95 month abortions happen? Is this a real issue or is it just a right wing talking point used to drum up opposition to women’s rights?

4 minutes ago, J. Jackson said:

Coming from someone who lists his current sled as your mom, well, that means a lot. Fucking loser...

Well at least the comment had the desired effect.  Moral outrage.  Considering the average age of posters Mom’s only an idiot would take it seriously. 

Congratulations you’re an idiot. 

2 hours ago, SnowRider said:

And you’re not part of the decision nor do you know the reasons.  Why interject yourself emotionally between a medical decision. Best left to doctors and the patient? 

Typically, I find your opinions on most subjects pretty out to lunch, but I'd say you are spot on with this subject.  :thumb: :bc:

• Like 1

How many 8.95 month abortions happen? Is this a real issue or is it just a right wing talking point used to drum up opposition to women’s rights?

They why not make 3rd trimester abortions illegal?   Its not just 8.95 month babies that can survive.  

Edited by Highmark

Well at least the comment had the desired effect.  Moral outrage.  Considering the average age of posters Mom’s only an idiot would take it seriously. 

Congratulations you’re an idiot. 

No outrage, mostly pity.

5 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

How many happen?  Still no answer. 

Jesus man can you give a fella a second to answer.   Reality is data is unclear.   But given below over 11,000 per year.  CDC claims 1.3% or around 9000 per year.

Of the 699,202 abortions reported to the CDC in 2012, 0.17% were at or after 21 weeks and occurred in a state where it was possible to have a post viability abortion for any reason.  We know from other data sets that many procedures at or after 21 weeks are for fetal anomalies (some say about 80%) and many of these are before 24 weeks. A review of data from one clinic that does abortions after 24 weeks in a state with no gestational age limit shows a median gestational age of 22 weeks. It is a likely a fair extrapolation that all clinics specializing in later term procedures have a similar medial gestational age. Using all the available data it would be fair to say that at least 50% of the 1,186 procedures are < 24 weeks, but that may be higher.

Edited by Highmark

4 minutes ago, SmeeAgain said:

Easy.. The public is becoming more educated and less fanatical religious.. 

They mention 21 weeks and most late term are before 24. 80% of those medical. No mention of anything past 30 certainly no 36 weeks abortions. 

Seems like a right wing talking point to me. 

4 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Jesus man can you give a fella a second to answer.   Reality is data is unclear.   But given below over 11,000 per year.  

Of the 699,202 abortions reported to the CDC in 2012, 0.17% were at or after 21 weeks and occurred in a state where it was possible to have a post viability abortion for any reason.  We know from other data sets that many procedures at or after 21 weeks are for fetal anomalies (some say about 80%) and many of these are before 24 weeks. A review of data from one clinic that does abortions after 24 weeks in a state with no gestational age limit shows a median gestational age of 22 weeks. It is a likely a fair extrapolation that all clinics specializing in later term procedures have a similar medial gestational age. Using all the available data it would be fair to say that at least 50% of the 1,186 procedures are < 24 weeks, but that may be higher.

Your own data illustrates how radical your anti woman brigade is and really what it’s about.  You clowns are the healthcare version of the NRA - a whole lot a money is being made off your emotion and fear. 

2 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Your own data illustrates how radical your anti woman brigade is and really what it’s about.  You clowns are the healthcare version of the NRA - a whole lot a money is being made off your emotion and fear. 

So radical wanting to save 10,000+ lives.   So radical.  :lol:  

2 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

They mention 21 weeks and most late term are before 24. 80% of those medical. No mention of anything past 30 certainly no 36 weeks abortions. 

Seems like a right wing talking point to me. 

No question this is all a right-wing point.  Problem is, you get a fanatic that wants to do something about abortion because their invisible guy in the sky says so, they go to the republican party to accomplish their foolishness.  Couple of years ago I was at the local fair when a rain storm hit.  We went into a building where they all those booths of vendors.  One was a republican local rep hopeful.  I was talking to this woman there and the sole reason she was attempting to get into politics was to stop abortion 100%.

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

So radical wanting to save 10,000+ lives.   So radical.  :lol:  

Your policies destroy far more than 10,000 - and for every one of the 10,000 you reference - there is a woman involved and effected. 

1 hour ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

I fully support late term abortions for Snow rider and Co. :ashamed:

If there is a face for pro-abortion anywhere...it's his.  Clearly his didn't take properly....poor technique is my guess.

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

Ahhh -- only poor women get abortions.   

You know we should meet up sometime so I could see if you would act like such a little bitch in person or just behind your keyboard.   We can't be that far apart.  

:lol: Get in line.

BTW, he's in the lily white, culturally diverse town of Waupaca, WI.  A half percentage of diversity there!  Similar to Moto's area.  How else do you think they have the finger on the pulse of racial issues?  :lmao: 

1 hour ago, J. Jackson said:

Wasn't it great news when your wife told you she was pregnant? Was for me. The progression of the developement of my sons was a joy. Had my wife been able to abort them at any stage because she was whacked without my say would have destroyed me. Jus' sayin'.

Abortion is not something I would ever participate in. All Im saying is why do people get all emotional about a fetus but have no issue with killing children? Our drone bombing campaign kills women and children every day, and with our tax dollars. Yet no outrage.  There is plenty of other examples of how these so called pro lifers are anything but. Just wondering what is the metric we as a society should set for a life worth saving... 

20 minutes ago, SmeeAgain said:

No question this is all a right-wing point.  Problem is, you get a fanatic that wants to do something about abortion because their invisible guy in the sky says so, they go to the republican party to accomplish their foolishness.  Couple of years ago I was at the local fair when a rain storm hit.  We went into a building where they all those booths of vendors.  One was a republican local rep hopeful.  I was talking to this woman there and the sole reason she was attempting to get into politics was to stop abortion 100%.

That will guarantee her 30% of the vote. 

I think we are 90% in favour of women’s right to choose in Canada. 

Which is probably on par with most Western nations. 

2 minutes ago, Anler said:

Abortion is not something I would ever participate in. All Im saying is why do people get all emotional about a fetus but have no issue with killing children? Our drone bombing campaign kills women and children every day, and with our tax dollars. Yet no outrage.  There is plenty of other examples of how these so called pro lifers are anything but. Just wondering what is the metric we as a society should set for a life worth saving... 

I get what your saying. The thing about these abortion bills is that we as voters on a state wide level have a voice. 

17 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

If there is a face for pro-abortion anywhere...it's his.  Clearly his didn't take properly....poor technique is my guess.

:lol: Get in line.

BTW, he's in the lily white, culturally diverse town of Waupaca, WI.  A half percentage of diversity there!  Similar to Moto's area.  How else do you think they have the finger on the pulse of racial issues?  :lmao: 

I can see why you get emotional about this.

what with clown posse all being late stage abortion failures. 

Edited by revkevsdi