Walmart paying 90k....Times are good!

• Platinum Contributing Member

Looks like true wage growth :

"But the ultra-low unemployment rate and the job's challenging on-the-road lifestyle mean there are fewer workers interested in taking these roles"

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/28/walmart-is-hiring-hundreds-of-truck-drivers-and-paying-them-close-to-90000-a-year.html

Just now, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

"But the ultra-low unemployment rate and the job's challenging on-the-road lifestyle mean there are fewer workers interested in taking these roles"

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/28/walmart-is-hiring-hundreds-of-truck-drivers-and-paying-them-close-to-90000-a-year.html

Eastbound and down!!!!

More packy piss bottles coming your way....wooohooo!

I was going up a 3 lane road that turns into 2 lanes after the intersection.the right lane is a fkn turn lane and well marked. Damn Paki comes thru and tried to get in. Hes giving me the finger which gave me more motive to box him in. Now hes up beside me and telling me I should let him in. I said go fk yourself and learn to read signs. 

• Haha 3

37 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Yeah everyone want to drive a truck BUT find someone without head problems, can piss clean and does not drink or have a clean driving record.

Cross out any liberal then....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

Yeah everyone want to drive a truck BUT find someone without head problems, can piss clean and does not drink or have a clean driving record.

so your saying all truck drivers have "head" problems, can't piss clean, drink while on duty and have bad driving records?

4 minutes ago, 01mxz800 said:

so your saying all truck drivers have "head" problems, can't piss clean, drink while on duty and have bad driving records?

No. he's saying all the ones who want to be but cant do.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

@Momorider qualifies.

Image result for fat truck driver images

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Let's be honest, over the road driving is not good for one's health. 

Neither is sitting at a desk all day, working on cars, shingling houses, or working in the coal mine.

$90k for driving a truck is pretty damn good.  

3 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Let's be honest, over the road driving is not good for one's health. 

been in the industry for 30 years comments are nothing more than sterotypes from stupid fucks such as yourself and MCdumbfuck, not a shocker though

1 minute ago, 01mxz800 said:

been in the industry for 30 years comments are nothing more than sterotypes from stupid fucks such as yourself and MCdumbfuck, not a shocker though

The pieces finally fall into place. :lol: 

J/k. Trucking isn’t an easy life. Without it the country would be fucked. 

3 minutes ago, smokin george said:

I'm done sometime this summer/fall and if I never step in another truck itll be fine by me. I've had a good run (50yrs) behind the wheel and looking forward to saying goodbye

I've only been driving 10 years and I'm looking to get out. Tired of hauling gas, working every weekend, holiday and barely seeing my family (I'm home nightly). Also tired of medical cards, hazmat fingerprinting and most of all, other drivers! Great gig at 4am on a Sunday, otherwise I'm tired of it! Congrats on 50 years, hell of a career. 

21 minutes ago, Dieselgeek said:

I've only been driving 10 years and I'm looking to get out. Tired of hauling gas, working every weekend, holiday and barely seeing my family (I'm home nightly). Also tired of medical cards, hazmat fingerprinting and most of all, other drivers! Great gig at 4am on a Sunday, otherwise I'm tired of it! Congrats on 50 years, hell of a career. 

One of my neighbors hauls gas. Basicly said the same thing. 

30 minutes ago, smokin george said:

I'm done sometime this summer/fall and if I never step in another truck itll be fine by me. I've had a good run (50yrs) behind the wheel and looking forward to saying goodbye

9 more years for me not as fun as when I started 30 years ago, but has been good for me and my family money wise, last 15 years hauling hot oil, going to be nice to bid the BS goodbye

6 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

One of my neighbors hauls gas. Basicly said the same thing. 

It's the "customers" in the stations that makes it suck. No respect for the guy pulling a 65' long rig into a store made for a box truck. We are always the asshole! 

12 hours ago, Dieselgeek said:

It's the "customers" in the stations that makes it suck. No respect for the guy pulling a 65' long rig into a store made for a box truck. We are always the asshole! 

Now that's funny , because he said that too. His favorite stops are the stations that are closed. 

4 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

Now that's funny , because he said that too. His favorite stops are the stations that are closed. 

I fully agree. I work 4am-4pm, so rarely encounter closed stations. I am looking to get out. My health isn't good, and need something better!