I miss these days of Country Music

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

58 minutes ago, jammin said:

I like old and new country   :bc: 

I haven't heard that song in a long time. His voice reminds me of John Hiatt. 

Edited by irv
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

I'm with you man.  Old country sucks shit.  I couldn't listen to it for more than 30 seconds.  New country is great.  Great videos with catchy tunes and pretty girls.   Singing about having fun and and real life shit.  

Dude, new country sucks ass. Bunch of love song bullshit. Outlaw country was the shit man! David Allen Coe, Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson, Merle Haggard, Hank Williams Jr, Alabama, George Jones, Ronnie Milsap, Travis Tritt, etc... Bout the only good country singer today is Chris Stapleton. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wife and I saw George at Miller Park in or around 2003. We were 10 rows from the stage and center.    Fucking awesome concert!  He had Alen Jackson show up for a couple songs as well.  All of his music is fantastic..... 1995- 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Anler said:

Dude, new country sucks ass. Bunch of love song bullshit. Outlaw country was the shit man! David Allen Coe, Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson, Merle Haggard, Hank Williams Jr, Alabama, George Jones, Ronnie Milsap, Travis Tritt, etc... Bout the only good country singer today is Chris Stapleton. 

Liking old and new is the way to roll.  Love sitting at the cabin listening to country gold with Rowdy Yates on a Saturday night tho.   :bc: 

• Like 2

Not sure who has all seen this but I bet it leaves a tear in your eye. Vince Gill and Patty Loveless at George Jones funeral. Both a couple of great singer/songwriters.

• Platinum Contributing Member
13 minutes ago, irv said:

Not sure who has all seen this but I bet it leaves a tear in your eye. Vince Gill and Patty Loveless at George Jones funeral. Both a couple of great singer/songwriters.

Oh my....I've watched that and yeah it's tear jerker....as is this one....

• Like 1