Ok sluts.....who's got the most miles

f7ben

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

Cat has something coming today I believe.:thumbsup:

Not a new engine.   No reason to not release it with the other sleds.   Makes zero sense.   Cat is claiming their "new" 800 (CTec2) is in the 165 HP class of the 850's.  

12 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Not a new engine.   No reason to not release it with the other sleds.   Makes zero sense.   Cat is claiming their "new" 800 (CTec2) is in the 165 HP class of the 850's.  

High 160's is the poop.  Heard one dynoe'd at 171....bone stock.

48 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

:lol: PREPRODUCTION SLED AT DYNOTECH MADE 295HP....MOST EVER FOR A CAT 800

Then it promptly gets beat in 1000' by Drew's fucking 600 etec lolz

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Pull this leg and it will play jingle bells.  :lol:  

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I heard 325 after clutching.  :lmao:

Taller lug track is the trick.  :pc:

In all reality 155-160 HP single pipe 800 twins is pretty fucking remarkable considering the poor gas pull and go idiots the mfg's have to deal with.  

Edited by Highmark

19 hours ago, Zambroski said:

How do you like the new Cat?

It's an 18 and this is my second season on it, I like it alot and plan on keeping it one more season and possibly more if I decide to keep it as my backwoods bomber.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

It's an 18 and this is my second season on it, I like it alot and plan on keeping it one more season and possibly more if I decide to keep it as my backwoods bomber.

This z1 turbo is a bit of a handful. Its darting on me pretty bad. I did my usual alignment, toed out a 1/4" and I shimmed the skis and its better but still pretty unpredictable especially on decel. Did you run 6.9's on yours?

Edited by f7ben

24 minutes ago, f7ben said:

This z1 turbo is a bit of a handful. Its darting on me pretty bad. I did my usual alignment, toed out a 1/4" and I shimmed the skis and its better but still pretty unpredictable especially on decel. Did you run 6.9's on yours?

Yes I had 6.9's on mine after I stretched it to a 136" track, 8" triple points with 4" blades on the inside runner, no studs. Darting wasn't a problem when it was a 128 or a 136, I had each ski toed out a 1/4 ", front limiter straps loose, coupling blocks set to allow the most transfer; then I would have my seat adjusted high when running tight trails and when I popped out on a long grade summer or road run I would reach back with my left hand to drop the seat which allow me to slide back and unload the skis, of course I would have to stop the sled to raise the seat when back on tight trails.

The turbos were great and fast in the tight and twisties because of the ski bite and how you could throttle steer the sled around tight corners while staying tight to the right, even in the moguled out tight trails you can hammer a turbo if you have the upper body strength. Where the turbos always spooked me a little was on the wider faster trails just because you can carry so much speed in a short amount of time, then you have to get that lead sled slowed down.

One more thing about 6.9's there were a couple of times at slow speed like on a single track access trail I put the sled on it side, and of course you could do skeelies at will with those skies, but when they bite hard................ O.o

• Like 1

I'm over 1000 for the first time in about 10 years on the old 500EFI. She rolled over 11,500 miles. My son may have done over 2000 on the 92 XCR440. I'll have to check the odo next time I'm up at the cabin. He's been riding damn near every weekend with 2 of his buddy's. They all ride old iron. One of them has my old 91 650 triple piped Indy that he bought from my neighbor at the lake. That machine has over 8000 miles on the original motor.

014.JPG

Edited by Big Crappie
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Anler said:

2,400 miles this year. Better than last year. If the snow hangs around til the end of the month I may do one more run on it. 

Oh that's cute. Man the fuck up and get an 850 sba, faggot. :bc:

11 hours ago, Big Crappie said:

I'm over 1000 for the first time in about 10 years on the old 500EFI. She rolled over 11,500 miles. My son may have done over 2000 on the 92 XCR440. I'll have to check the odo next time I'm up at the cabin. He's been riding damn near every weekend with 2 of his buddy's. They all ride old iron. One of them has my old 91 650 triple piped Indy that he bought from my neighbor at the lake. That machine has over 8000 miles on the original motor.

014.JPG

Saw a 95 xlt special in northern Maine the other day . 13,700 miles Still in great shape

3 minutes ago, Reevester said:

Hopefully they still are today. Was dead yesterday around here.

Yeah we left Sunday in the morning.  Drive was shit to just south of gravenhurst.  Will be back up next weekend.   How much snow? They were calling for 10-15 

Just read your post on tbp opps :lol: 

Edited by Kev144