Ok sluts.....who's got the most miles

f7ben

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

The first few miles are the most fun.

Just over 1000 here.

They really are...it's strange what has happened around here as far as snowmobiling goes. The trail from Charlevoix to EJ was lost which sucks because getting to East Jordan opens up the whole Northern Lower Trail System. Also most  of my friends have quit the sport for various reasons not to mention the guys and gals younger than me aren't riding....used to be you would see  sleds and tracks everywhere around here 10 years ago...now..not so much. 

2 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

They really are...it's strange what has happened around here as far as snowmobiling goes. The trail from Charlevoix to EJ was lost which sucks because getting to East Jordan opens up the whole Northern Lower Trail System. Also most  of my friends have quit the sport for various reasons not to mention the guys and gals younger than me aren't riding....used to be you would see  sleds and tracks everywhere around here 10 years ago...now..not so much. 

Sounds like you need to go smash some snow and get everyone back in the mood. 

2 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

Sounds like you need to go smash some snow and get everyone back in the mood. 

I was waiting to cross the road yesterday and some soccer mom broad in a CUV gave me a dirty look....fucking place is turning into Harbor Springs. 

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I was waiting to cross the road yesterday and some soccer mom broad in a CUV gave me a dirty look....fucking place is turning into Harbor Springs. 

What makes you think it was the sled?:lol:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

What makes you think it was the sled?:lol:

Yeah you're right Matlock....she must have recognized me in my sled gear!!!!!!

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Holy shit!  We were on our way back yesterday and my buddy was leading, he jetted across the road in front of a car and as I was about to follow, the car slowed and stopped to ask me directions!!!!!!!  WTF???  I had to unplug my iPod and tell him to drive another 1/4 fucking mile!!!!!!  I never caught up until the next stop...fucker just laughed in his helmet thinking he won!!!!   I was raving pissed!!!!

Then I just laughed.  Who in a car stops a sledder to ask for directions?  :lmao:

• Haha 1

Just now, Zambroski said:

Holy shit!  We were on our way back yesterday and my buddy was leading, he jetted across the road in front of a car and as I was about to follow, the car slowed and stopped to ask me directions!!!!!!!  WTF???  I had to unplug my iPod and tell him to drive another 1/4 fucking mile!!!!!!  I never caught up until the next stop...fucker just laughed in his helmet thinking he won!!!!   I was raving pissed!!!!

Then I just laughed.  Who in a car stops a sledder to ask for directions?  :lmao:

No kidding....I've knocked on doors in the middle of the night half in the bag and lost asking for directions!    :lmao:

• Haha 1

I'm at about 750 kms. Not a stellar season but better than the last couple. No trails open here at home again, 4th year in a row.

Hope to get one more ride in next week then put them away.

2 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I'm at about 750 kms. Not a stellar season but better than the last couple. No trails open here at home again, 4th year in a row.

Hope to get one more ride in next week then put them away.

I'm not complaining.  Today will likely be last ride (short) of the season.  Got a few rides with my son, friends and some employees.  All in all a pretty good season.  Off to the keys next weekend so those two are shot and likely won't feel like sledding after that.

21 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I'm not complaining.  Today will likely be last ride (short) of the season.  Got a few rides with my son, friends and some employees.  All in all a pretty good season.  Off to the keys next weekend so those two are shot and likely won't feel like sledding after that.

I'm not complaining really. The rides were mostly good. My buddy put 500 kms on my back up sled and it was good to get out with him again. We used to ride a couple times a week 15 years ago. Back before I had a woman in the house and he still owned a sled....lol

I hope to get back to riding I used to do next season.

Edited by Blackstar

3 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I'm not complaining really. The rides were mostly good. My buddy put 500 kms on my back up sled and it was good to get out with him again. We used to ride a couple times a week 15 years ago. Back before I had a woman in the house and he still owned a sled....lol

I hope to get back to riding I used to do next season.

Don't u go to FLA in the winter ? 

Just now, Sal Rosenberg said:

Don't u go to FLA in the winter ? 

Not by choice. The girlfriend has a trailer in a park in Lakeland. Last winter we went down for a couple weeks in November and a week in Feb. This winter she rented it out but we went to Miami for a couple days then on a cruise for a week.

I have no interest in going south in the winter. She's now thinking of selling the trailer. She thought I'd enjoy it but she finally realizes its not my thing.

I’ll be lucky to get 1000 miles. Just been a weird season, my timing has really been off. Sitting at like 800 now. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Edmo said:

I’ll be lucky to get 1000 miles. Just been a weird season, my timing has really been off. Sitting at like 800 now. 

Timing has been everything this winter...dumps of snow followed by rain numerous times...hard to plan.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

2 hours ago, Zambroski said:

That is funny.  I have had it happen too.

One time it happened in an area that I never drive the roads.  I knew the trails very well.  I just didn't know the roads.  I asked the driver if they had a map.  They did, but didn't know where they were on the map.  My buddies waited that time, while I did the local tour guide thing with the driver.  We still laugh about that one. 

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Timing has been everything this winter...dumps of snow followed by rain numerous times...hard to plan.

This.😕