Loud exhaust, trespassing = no trails :(

odot1

Well i know i will regret sticking my toe in this pond but here goes,iam not that far off a main trail that sees a fair amount of traffic and unless I stand out in may backyard I never hear a thing and plenty of not stock mufflers go by truly to me the worst are the two strokes with the barely bigger than a soup can on them on and off the throttle totally annoying or straight pipes,the rest are not that noticeable and for the six to eight weeks a year when the windows are closed its hard to imagine why such a uproar in the media,also for the most part trails are in the bush and other remote areas.Spring summer and fall anytime I have sat on my brother in laws deck at his cottage we listen to thru hull exhausts,float planes,bass boats with enormous engines at full cry and jet skis going round and round like my dog chasing its tail, drones buzzing around, by far way more annoying for way longer periods or sitting in a outdoor cafe as piped motorcycles roar about I can certainly hear these inside a cottage or a house.I do not condone the use of aftermarket exhaust but seriously everybody jumps on the band wagon and gets others fired up about sleds and because they can actually do something about it such as close a trail it becomes enemy number one on social media and the Odots in the world have to respond,its the squeeky wheel thing when in this world today I would like law enforcement to have their time devoted to real every day public threats i want to be able to stand in line at a Tims without some lunatic loosing his shit and pulling a weapon over a wrong order,or some loser driving his vehicle into a crowd,wanna be terrorists,or the gumball rally drivers on the 400 series highways, I know this is getting far off topic but i think some discretion here on exhausts should be used not just lumping every one into the same bag most are not that bad at all and the drivers that are responsible dont go around pinching up the throttle in built up areas those that do well you get what you get ,discretion is all it takes and should be looked at by law enforcement is this guy acting like a asshole or a fella cruising down the trail,still all in all Jeez its six to eight weeks a year if we are lucky and in the winter when sittin outside feet up is not that enjoyable,down near one of my family members a section of trail was closed and rerouted for noise complaints the landowner spends December thru March in Florida???. Joe    

Edited by Slow Joe

4 hours ago, Slow Joe said:

Well i know i will regret sticking my toe in this pond but here goes,iam not that far off a main trail that sees a fair amount of traffic and unless I stand out in may backyard I never hear a thing and plenty of not stock mufflers go by truly to me the worst are the two strokes with the barely bigger than a soup can on them on and off the throttle totally annoying or straight pipes,the rest are not that noticeable and for the six to eight weeks a year when the windows are closed its hard to imagine why such a uproar in the media,also for the most part trails are in the bush and other remote areas.Spring summer and fall anytime I have sat on my brother in laws deck at his cottage we listen to thru hull exhausts,float planes,bass boats with enormous engines at full cry and jet skis going round and round like my dog chasing its tail, drones buzzing around, by far way more annoying for way longer periods or sitting in a outdoor cafe as piped motorcycles roar about I can certainly hear these inside a cottage or a house.I do not condone the use of aftermarket exhaust but seriously everybody jumps on the band wagon and gets others fired up about sleds and because they can actually do something about it such as close a trail it becomes enemy number one on social media and the Odots in the world have to respond,its the squeeky wheel thing when in this world today I would like law enforcement to have their time devoted to real every day public threats i want to be able to stand in line at a Tims without some lunatic loosing his shit and pulling a weapon over a wrong order,or some loser driving his vehicle into a crowd,wanna be terrorists,or the gumball rally drivers on the 400 series highways, I know this is getting far off topic but i think some discretion here on exhausts should be used not just lumping every one into the same bag most are not that bad at all and the drivers that are responsible dont go around pinching up the throttle in built up areas those that do well you get what you get ,discretion is all it takes and should be looked at by law enforcement is this guy acting like a asshole or a fella cruising down the trail,still all in all Jeez its six to eight weeks a year if we are lucky and in the winter when sittin outside feet up is not that enjoyable,down near one of my family members a section of trail was closed and rerouted for noise complaints the landowner spends December thru March in Florida???. Joe    

while i agree, the problem is OPP out trying to determine whats loud, who's an ass etc.  It's easier for them to ban all aftermarket.  I understand some are quieter than stock but it opens alot up, interpretation, tool accuracy etc etc.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Not a good example, imo, Tim. Jake brakes are a necessary evil where cans are just the opposite. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, odot1 said:

Yes, very loud.  Also outlawed in many villages and towns.

Yep, loud as hell. And part of the package it seems when you haul cattle around here. I have the "Quiet zone, Avoid Engine Brake Use"" sign right near my house which to these guys means grab the skull shifter knob (that's 6 inches from the top of the windshield) and drop a gear before backing out of the throttle.

The guy who digs my pools is straight piped to the dual stacks on his roll off. Damn things makes my ears bleed. Don't know how a guy can drive it all day.

• Like 2

Gawd dam just informed one of my nephews has made a deal on a bloody powder sled,I tried to mentor this one from a boy into the sport and thought I had done a good job rode him around as a kid in front of me found him a clean Firecat couple years back now it looks as though I have added to the issue S.O.A.B well might just as well buy him a wrap for his birthday and a fuckin snow shovel backpack or perhaps a few hundred bucks to pay fines with,one saving grace has promised no tomato juice can exhaust,not much encouragement for me.Depressed Joe

• Like 1
  • Haha 2