Loud exhaust, trespassing = no trails :(

odot1

42 minutes ago, Poncho said:

The reason the noise complaints are up, every sled I saw this weekend was some kid riding a can equipped long-track sled with a goofy wrap kit wearing a shovel holding backpack.  I stopped in at Wayne's World on the way up to my place.  He has a few 155 track sleds.  Not sure how practical they are around Bancroft but I'm telling you the kids love them and loud pipes....... it seems to be the way the industry is going, off-trail boondocking shit 

That's similar to my observations in Bancroft area as well.  Never understand buying a powder sled that is used exclusively on groomed trails?!?!? And yes, immediate wrap package and cans...  Sigh...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Poncho said:

The reason the noise complaints are up, every sled I saw this weekend was some kid riding a can equipped long-track sled with a goofy wrap kit wearing a shovel holding backpack.  I stopped in at Wayne's World on the way up to my place.  He has a few 155 track sleds.  Not sure how practical they are around Bancroft but I'm telling you the kids love them and loud pipes....... it seems to be the way the industry is going, off-trail boondocking shit 

I passed an alpha cat, 1 summit and a few other cat mountain style sleds yesterday just north of Bracebridge.  Not sure where they were going to find the bottomless powder but they were out on the trails

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, 04nightfire said:

I passed an alpha cat, 1 summit and a few other cat mountain style sleds yesterday just north of Bracebridge.  Not sure where they were going to find the bottomless powder but they were out on the trails

Kinda like buying a Corvette to take 4 wheeling, isn't it. :wacko:

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, irv said:

Kinda like buying a Corvette to take 4 wheeling, isn't it. :wacko:

LMAO yep or buying a monster truck to run at Mosport,how very true its something I have noticed the past few years i have seen alot of what i would class pure mountain sleds on the trails with deeeeep tracks and yes backpacks with Iam sure avalanche beacons makes me laugh must be a wormhole somewhere in British Columbia and poof they are in Ontario,but I also know they are going off trail somewhere to fun it up with those purpose built sleds and thats a issue generally or they are extreme posers in the wrong province.Joe

• Like 2

1 hour ago, odot1 said:

That's similar to my observations in Bancroft area as well.  Never understand buying a powder sled that is used exclusively on groomed trails?!?!? And yes, immediate wrap package and cans...  Sigh...

This ones for you O Dot1 couple years back shortly after leaving a popular fuel/restaurant i came across a trail side check the officer walked up asking for my paper work I always keep it in my inside pocket and it was cold as it could get so I was preparing to dismount pull of gloves and fetch the ownership when the silence was broken a swarm of bees were coming complete with backpacks and no need for a seat on the sled,the officer looked me in the eye and said you sir have a nice day be on your way and turned towards the oncoming horde I smiled and exited LOL.Joe

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Slow Joe said:

This ones for you O Dot1 couple years back shortly after leaving a popular fuel/restaurant i came across a trail side check the officer walked up asking for my paper work I always keep it in my inside pocket and it was cold as it could get so I was preparing to dismount pull of gloves and fetch the ownership when the silence was broken a swarm of bees were coming complete with backpacks and no need for a seat on the sled,the officer looked me in the eye and said you sir have a nice day be on your way and turned towards the oncoming horde I smiled and exited LOL.Joe

Lol!  Love it!

1 hour ago, 04nightfire said:

Heard there was some deep drifting in a ditch up there.... First report's had it pegged at over 2' deep. A few of the guy's were checking the angle of slope to make sure it wasn't avalanche prone. Safety first!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, bladefever said:

Heard there was some deep drifting in a ditch up there.... First report's had it pegged at over 2' deep. A few of the guy's were checking the angle of slope to make sure it wasn't avalanche prone. Safety first!

I'd hit that with a 174" 2.5 paddle with a turbo'd 850......

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, smokin george said:

North Bay Snowmobile Club put up a sign! Lose the pipes, stay on the trail or lose the trail. Landowners are pissed! 

The landowners put up the sign, George, not the club, which, imo, is even more serious coming right from the landowner's mouth and not the clubs. 

"Please take notice of this sign that 4 landowners have erected on their property that our A/D North trail at 4 Mile Lake goes thru. 
If we lose this trail we are screwed to reach farther North. This would have a major impact on all aspects of Snowmobiling!
Again please note that Hydro Lines go through private property it’s not a free for all" 
🤬

Trail cans.jpg

Edited by irv
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, 04nightfire said:

They were on their way to Wawa to ride the secret off trail badlands....they were staging in Ghurst....:news:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, odot1 said:

I guess I won't let my son wrap the Cat he claims is hideous.  Might as well just say stop me.

58 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I guess I won't let my son wrap the Cat he claims is hideous.  Might as well just say stop me.

51 minutes ago, odot1 said:

Not at all what I said. 

Its what the kids like. My sons XRS renegade is full on flat brimmed hat monster energy stickered up. Minus the can...……………….Its what they like. Whatever.

24 minutes ago, Usedtoskidoo said:

Its what the kids like. My sons XRS renegade is full on flat brimmed hat monster energy stickered up. Minus the can...……………….Its what they like. Whatever.

Lets face it every generation has its thing if you are old enough to have been around the hay days of the seventy,s every kid grew up wanting to be a oval track hero like the Villeneuve,s or my personal favorite Yvon Duhamel so when of age we roared the trails like a cross country race circuit sometimes with full blown expansion chambers,then things moved on and snow cross evolved and the youth of that time it was Blair Morgan and other champions so the trails turned to sno cross courses here and there,now in fashion are back country riders /mountain deep pow and the blue ball keeps spinnin,every generation of sledder has its own challenges I imagine that there is a virtual gold mine of Bosch spark plugs strewn across the north as we use to leave home with a pocket full and as many belts as we could carry just to get a ride in,,the early year,s nearly all sleds were noisy some Evinrude/Johnson models were the exception which in part were developed by Olav Aaen who in latter years built rude H.P motors that plied many trails. It is a challenge that this generation has to deal with to figure out just how to keep our trails sustainable,or maybe they wont and it will be a powder free for all hard to say,its a tough call I see wrapped and specialized sleds everywhere and though not my personal cup of tea its good to see that there is still interest in the sport as old P.O.S,s like myself will be sleddin off world sooner rather than later,it will sort itself out as did drinking and driving once a rite of passage now my own offspring do house party,s with DD,s and taxi to bars time change it just takes awhile.Sno Joe

• Like 3

Lot's of cans popping up for sale  on Kijiji.  Does this mean they will just get passed on to the next brapper?

Need a bounty on them, free burger at the club house when you turn in your cannon...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Every sno mo rag will have article after article about how bad cans are . Turn the page , and there’s a advertisement for the same cans . 

So , maybe the mags that you get for free ,  when you buy your permit , you know to ride ofsc trails , shouldn’t be given out anymore . 

Yes you can opt out of the mag , but should not be a choice if they are advertising trail closing cans . 

Advertisement revenue , well , don’t see any DuMaurier or Players adds anymore and you can buy smokes . 

Maybe the Lesters and Nickleson should boycott the mags instead . The Lester’s could easily say they’re not going to have those adds in they’re mag . And Nickleson doesn’t write his articles until they stop too .

But that ain’t gonna happen ...

• Like 2

On 1/29/2019 at 2:28 PM, lastzrt said:

Lot's of cans popping up for sale  on Kijiji.  Does this mean they will just get passed on to the next brapper?

Need a bounty on them, free burger at the club house when you turn in your cannon...

That would be a great idea for a dealership or parts house.    Bring in your old can and get a $20 gift card or something like that?