Why is Pelosi and Gang trying to prevent POTUS' SOTU speech?

Pretty clear they don't want him addressing the American people at all.  Why?  

My guess; the Dems know they are losing this political shut down fuckery and don't want specifics being put out there.  I haven't heard anything that makes me think different.  I've watched CNN and MSNBC comments on it and it all sounds like "Slingernese".  Fail.

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

I hope they refuse him which is looking likely.   Be a stupid move but I'm thinking she will.  

It sounds like Trump accepted Pelosi’s first procedural invitation to speak (before she  capitulated for her unruly base of brats), she now has to “disinvite him”?  Never been done before.  A huge backfire fail if this happens.  

1 minute ago, Mainecat said:

Why? BECAUSE THE GOVERNMENT IS SHUT FUCKING DOWN!

this too. trump wants the best of both worlds. some gov workers to hurt, but others that can help him, not too hurt. 

Edited by Snoslinger

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Zambroski said:

It sounds like Trump accepted Pelosi’s first procedural invitation to speak (before she  capitulated for her unruly base of brats), she now has to “disinvite him”?  Never been done before.  A huge backfire fail if this happens.  

No she just doesn't have to put the measure to the floor.  

Just now, Highmark said:

No she just doesn't have to put the measure to the floor.  

It sounds like alternative plans are being made to give it off WH grounds?  Perfectly acceptable.  Dems appear to be losing their minds over this idea.

Again, why are they trying to quell this so hard?  I go back to my first post.

2 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

this too. trump wants the best of both worlds. some gov workers to hurt, but others that can help him, not too hurt. 

Trump is doing what he has done his whole life. He fucks everything up he gets involved in and turns it into shit.

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

It sounds like alternative plans are being made to give it off WH grounds?  Perfectly acceptable.  Dems appear to be losing their minds over this idea.

They are afraid he will one up them and announce another compromise during the SoTU.   

It probably wouldn't be a bad idea.   Open it back up without the wall as a gesture of cooperation and make the dems squirm on national television.   It would be priceless.   Can you fucking imagine the look on their faces?  

Edited by Highmark

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

They are afraid he will one up them and announce another compromise during the SoTU.   

It probably wouldn't be a bad idea.   Open it back up without the wall as a gesture of cooperation and make the dems squirm on national television.   It would be priceless.   Can you fucking imagine the look on their faces?  

I agree, throw something out there.  Let them twist in the wind.

I’m not seeing a Dem win here in any manner.  Trump, almost shockingly sometimes, is three or four steps ahead of them on this issue.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I agree, throw something out there.  Let them twist in the wind.

I’m not seeing a Dem win here in any manner.  Trump, almost shockingly sometimes, is three or four steps ahead of them on this issue.

It would only need to be a temporary concession because the whole time they've been saying no negotiations until govt is back open.   Open it for 3-4 weeks.   Give them 100% of what they want short term and call them out.   Literally ask them if they will now discuss a border barrier.   Even ask Pelosi to come up and answer directly to the American people.   It would be so fucking epic to see her squirm.  

Edited by Highmark

12 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

After the Oval Office shit show I'd think the Dems would be dying to get him back on prime time talking about the shutdown :news:

3 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

After the Oval Office shit show I'd think the Dems would be dying to get him back on prime time talking about the shutdown :news:

That’s what I mean.  What’s the problem?  His words will be reworked and regurgitated to the masses of librulz to make him look as bad as possible.  Seems like it’s another great opportunity out for them.

:dunno:

How many “misdirections” are a bad thing?

:lol:

24 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Why? BECAUSE THE GOVERNMENT IS SHUT FUCKING DOWN!

Not its not.   Just parts of it are.   Boo hoo wife not getting a check?  

14 minutes ago, Highmark said:

It would only need to be a temporary concession because the whole time they've been saying no negotiations until govt is back open.   Open it for 3-4 weeks.   Give them 100% of what they want short term and call them out.   Literally ask them if they will now discuss a border barrier.   Even ask Pelosi to come up and answer directly to the American people.   It would be so fucking epic to see her squirm.  

I don't think the Dems would bite.  They know they are losing this.  Problem is, they've been losing for so long, they've forgotten how to win.  Their party is pushing them more left into a suicide spin.  They can't control it anymore.  Watching Schumer trying to deliver his lies was painful.  You can look at him and know that HE doesn't even believe this shit anymore.  

5 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I don't think the Dems would bite.  They know they are losing this.  Problem is, they've been losing for so long, they've forgotten how to win.  Their party is pushing them more left into a suicide spin.  They can't control it anymore.  Watching Schumer trying to deliver his lies was painful.  You can look at him and know that HE doesn't even believe this shit anymore.  

Be the bipartisan one.   Give them what they want short term and call them out on National TV.   Speak directly to Pelosi and the dems.   Say I've given you what you want the govt can be reopened short term.   Will you come negotiate like you have been saying.   Make her nod or do something to the American people. They would have to have someone really good in the response to be able to spin that on the fly.   I'm telling you it would be epic. 

Edited by Highmark

Just now, Highmark said:

Be the bipartisan one.   Give them what they want short term and call them out on National TV.   Speak directly to Pelosi and the dems.   Say I've given you what you want the govt can be reopened short term.   Will you come negotiate like you have been saying.   Make her nod or do something to the American people. 

Oh, I'm with you.  Reach across and down....show willingness to negotiate. But, they've already said "NO WAY!' So...where does it go on TV?  Nowhere good for the Dems.  I'd be real surprised if they'd even go on tv with him again unless they could get him to agree to a script.  Hopefully he wouldn't. 

Like I said, this is a loser for the Dems.  Problem, they don't know how to even retreat, much less win.

If they fight him tooth and nail giving the SOTU...it's telling to everyone..and they go on "Auto-lose".

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Oh, I'm with you.  Reach across and down....show willingness to negotiate. But, they've already said "NO WAY!' So...where does it go on TV?  Nowhere good for the Dems.  I'd be real surprised if they'd even go on tv with him again unless they could get him to agree to a script.  Hopefully he wouldn't. 

Like I said, this is a loser for the Dems.  Problem, they don't know how to even retreat, much less win.

If they fight him tooth and nail giving the SOTU...it's telling to everyone..and they go on "Auto-lose".

Hell give them a script then ad lib it.   Oh man the look on their faces.  :lol:  

"Nancy I've decided right here, right now to concede to your demands for the govt workers.   I will give you a 3 week continual resolution in order for you to negotiate in good faith like you promised.   Will you give your answer right now to the American people please so they know we will do our best to get this resolved."     Camera's all pan to her for an immediate response.   :lol:  

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Hell give them a script then ad lib it.   Oh man the look on their faces.  :lol:  

"Nancy I've decided right here, right now to concede to your demands for the govt workers.   I will give you a 3 week continual resolution in order for you to negotiate in good faith like you promised.   Will you give your answer right now to the American people please so they know we will do our best to get this resolved."     Camera's all pan to her for an immediate response.   :lol:  

:lol: at the thought of Trump NOT ad libbing from a script.....and the look on that fucking dolt, Pelosi's face as the camera slowly zooms into her face.....as Schumer cringes far back in his chair and goes to his safe place.  :lmao: 

Look at all the people dumb enough to keep thinking this is about security and a wall. This is about winning. Pelosi gives an inch, she loses. Trump gives and inch, he loses. This isn’t about $5B... If Trump were smart, he’d say he’s coming to the House and is giving his speech and someone try to stop him. 

5 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Look at all the people dumb enough to keep thinking this is about security and a wall. This is about winning. Pelosi gives an inch, she loses. Trump gives and inch, he loses. This isn’t about $5B... If Trump were smart, he’d say he’s coming to the House and is giving his speech and someone try to stop him. 

You were the first hill-jacking retard to say "wall".  Read this thread.

Look Honey, this "I'm gonna smoke a bunch of pot and act DAF" for a few days is all fine and dandy.  Just remember, plenty once thought that acting like a liberal twat would be funny too.  The rabbit hole is deeper than it looks.  Don't eat the cheese.

:lol2:

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Not its not.   Just parts of it are.   Boo hoo wife not getting a check?  

Retired no problems here. Snakes wife still works for the Treasury as far as I know. 

The chaos president......or Snafu Trump.

Just now, Mainecat said:

Retired no problems here. Snakes wife still works for the Treasury as far as I know. 

The chaos president......or Snafu Trump.

Damn.....pension checks arriving on time?   Too bad if they are.  :lol:  :poke: