FDA threatens to pull e-cigarettes off the market

• Platinum Contributing Member

Be about as stupid as pulling the old Ephedra products off the market.   Damn it was easy losing/maintaining weight with those.   

All because a few fat pro football players died.  :wall:  Forget the millions of people it helped control weight.  

Edited by Highmark

9 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Be about as stupid as pulling the old Ephedra products off the market.   Damn it was easy losing/maintaining weight with those.   

All because a few fat pro football players died.  :wall:  Forget the millions of people it helped control weight.  

I thought it was because people were making meth with it?

Just now, ActionfigureJoe said:

There was a number of reasons the drug was pulled. If that drug had to undergo fda trials it would’ve failed. 

Thought you could still get it in lower doses as long as its not stacked with caffeine?  

2 hours ago, Highmark said:

Thought you could still get it in lower doses as long as its not stacked with caffeine?  

I believe it’s certain byproducts of extractions from ephedra. Not ephedrine itself. The problem with ephedrine is how it raisee pressure in blood vessels within the brain. It also puts strain on the heart. Dangerous stuff. 

On 1/21/2019 at 8:38 AM, Cold War said:

Seems to me they are being marketed to older smokers. a couple different ads play continuously on radio.  Maybe, I'm  missing something, but I have never seen, heard, ad marketing E-cigs to teens. I'm thinking the quit smoking market has become quite lucrative (gum, lozenge, drugs)_   and they not happy about products like Juul .  

The idiots at the FDA claim making vape juice taste good is in and of itself marketing to kids. They basically want all vapes to be tobacco flavored. Complete bullshit if you ask me.

On 1/21/2019 at 9:38 AM, Zambroski said:

Rates or denials should be based on a persons life choices.  Accidents happen...even if they are dumb.  A life of choosing to wake up every morning and ingest something that you ABSOLUTELY know will lead to health problems should have consequences.  Why does everyone need to suffer financially for these people?  Why does a person who drank their liver away get to have a shot at a liver transplant before somebody that was born with a condition or, was injured in an accident that led them to the same list?  

How do you measure and therefore prove anything? How do you say, you ate 12 Twinkie’s a day? That’s wholly unrealistic. I completely agree, but super unrealistic. 

I’d be all about it for car insurance and such. No seatbelt, no medical coverage. Speeding more than 10, no coverage. Unsafe acts such as racing, off-roading, etc, no coverage. You can measure those things and prove it happened. 

You can only do that for a few thing with healthcare. Maybe he’s just fat becuase he had a weak ass body?

6 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

How do you measure and therefore prove anything? How do you say, you ate 12 Twinkie’s a day? That’s wholly unrealistic. I completely agree, but super unrealistic. 

I’d be all about it for car insurance and such. No seatbelt, no medical coverage. Speeding more than 10, no coverage. Unsafe acts such as racing, off-roading, etc, no coverage. You can measure those things and prove it happened. 

You can only do that for a few thing with healthcare. Maybe he’s just fat becuase he had a weak ass body?

With eyes and a medical record.

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

With eyes and a medical record.

Ok. You’re fat. You lie about what you eat. Prove it in court that you’re not just of bad genetics. You drink heavy. Lie about it and say you don’t. Prove in court you don’t have a weak liver. Smoking I can concede. You smoke, whether it is little or three packs a day, no insurance for you. You can prove if someone smokes in court. 

At some point everyone will want to tell everyone else what kind of life to be living. Don't for a minute think there are not people out there who believe that snowmobiling should be illegal as it is too dangerous.

1 minute ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Ok. You’re fat. You lie about what you eat. Prove it in court that you’re not just of bad genetics. You drink heavy. Lie about it and say you don’t. Prove in court you don’t have a weak liver. Smoking I can concede. You smoke, whether it is little or three packs a day, no insurance for you. You can prove if someone smokes in court. 

Derp as fuck.  

This really isn't that hard.  Do you science?

1 minute ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Are you so derp to think the insurance complex wouldn’t monetize all of what I said if they could?! Duh...

Of course they would.  But aren't we talking about a way to look at socialized medicine?  We have to get rid of fraud and excess risk first.  (never gonna happen...but this is fun anyway).

23 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Of course they would.  But aren't we talking about a way to look at socialized medicine?  We have to get rid of fraud and excess risk first.  (never gonna happen...but this is fun anyway).

And the insurance company is in their right to charge you for excessive risk. If they aren’t doing it now, they can’t do it. Why? Becuase they need a burden of proof. I swear... Your ignorance today is startling..

Just now, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

And the insurance company is in their right to charge you for excessive risk. If they aren’t doing it now, they can’t do it. Why? Becuase they need a burden of proof. I swear... Your ignorance today is startling..

When was the last time you applied for life insurance?  What was the procedure to get your rate?  Or, have you never applied?  Ahhh....to be so young and naive.  IT's not hard to figure out for the vast majority why they are in dire need of medical treatment.  If it falls under a category of "You a big fat, smoking, drinking unhealthy fuck and have been for many, many years." Well, enjoy what time you have left or....clean your act up.

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

When was the last time you applied for life insurance?  What was the procedure to get your rate?  Or, have you never applied?  Ahhh....to be so young and naive.  IT's not hard to figure out for the vast majority why they are in dire need of medical treatment.  If it falls under a category of "You a big fat, smoking, drinking unhealthy fuck and have been for many, many years." Well, enjoy what time you have left or....clean your act up.

We are talking removing coverage for risky behavior you fucking tard. None of those things but smoking could be valid to do without a line you have to cross to be determined as excessively risky. Draw that line and prove it and uphold it in court. You can’t. Honestly, you should go grapple with someone in your IQ range. Like MC... 

3 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

We are talking removing coverage for risky behavior you fucking tard. None of those things but smoking could be valid to do without a line you have to cross to be determined as excessively risky. Draw that line and prove it and uphold it in court. You can’t. Honestly, you should go grapple with someone in your IQ range. Like MC... 

Do you back read at all?  The line IS being "excessively risky".  You think I'm talking about nixing some fuck that eats Taco Bell every now and then and sports an extra 20 lbs?  Please.  Think with your brain.

10 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Do you back read at all?  The line IS being "excessively risky".  You think I'm talking about nixing some fuck that eats Taco Bell every now and then and sports an extra 20 lbs?  Please.  Think with your brain.

Derp derp derp. Done with you. You’re so dumb that it’s impossible to move forward. MCbroski

3 hours ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Derp derp derp. Done with you. You’re so dumb that it’s impossible to move forward. MCbroski

:lmao:

Wait...define “dumb”.  I may disagree with your definition if it makes me feel sad inside and excluded from society.