FDA threatens to pull e-cigarettes off the market

4 minutes ago, racer254 said:

So, you got them off cigarettes, wasn't that the previous goal? 

Seems to me they are being marketed to older smokers. a couple different ads play continuously on radio.  Maybe, I'm  missing something, but I have never seen, heard, ad marketing E-cigs to teens. I'm thinking the quit smoking market has become quite lucrative (gum, lozenge, drugs)_   and they not happy about products like Juul .  

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

Make this all simple, all health issues directly related to voluntarily unhealthy living practices nullify all payouts once issues develop.

Why do we all have to pay for this?

So would pretending to be a snox racer be an unhealthy living practice?  How about just being stupid?  :dunno: 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

So would pretending to be a snox racer be an unhealthy living practice?  How about just being stupid?  :dunno: 

Accidents happen.  How in the fuck do you make this stretch correlation?  Clearly the god damn burnt granola smell from all those fucking hippy vans has fucked you up.  Ohhh...what a view!  

:lol: 

Related image

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Make this all simple, all health issues directly related to voluntarily unhealthy living practices nullify all payouts once issues develop.

Why do we all have to pay for this?

So what is covered then? Someone eats poorly their whole life and now has heart condidtion or diabetes or cancer. Well its your fault! Why have insurance then? 

1 hour ago, Cold War said:

Seems to me they are being marketed to older smokers. a couple different ads play continuously on radio.  Maybe, I'm  missing something, but I have never seen, heard, ad marketing E-cigs to teens. I'm thinking the quit smoking market has become quite lucrative (gum, lozenge, drugs)_   and they not happy about products like Juul .  

This.

Just now, Anler said:

So what is covered then? Someone eats poorly their whole life and now has heart condidtion or diabetes or cancer. Well its your fault! Why have insurance then? 

Rates or denials should be based on a persons life choices.  Accidents happen...even if they are dumb.  A life of choosing to wake up every morning and ingest something that you ABSOLUTELY know will lead to health problems should have consequences.  Why does everyone need to suffer financially for these people?  Why does a person who drank their liver away get to have a shot at a liver transplant before somebody that was born with a condition or, was injured in an accident that led them to the same list?  

55 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Rates or denials should be based on a persons life choices.  Accidents happen...even if they are dumb.  A life of choosing to wake up every morning and ingest something that you ABSOLUTELY know will lead to health problems should have consequences.  Why does everyone need to suffer financially for these people?  Why does a person who drank their liver away get to have a shot at a liver transplant before somebody that was born with a condition or, was injured in an accident that led them to the same list?  

Pretty sure that's how rates are based already. Unless you have a non underwritten ACA plan. 

13 minutes ago, Anler said:

Pretty sure that's how rates are based already. Unless you have a non underwritten ACA plan. 

Sort of...but not exactly.  Asking somebody if they've "Ever smoked tobacco?" is hardly a good way to determine all of our rates.  I think the hospitalized end result speaks the truth.  If we are going to head towards a socialized HC type arrangement.  Some hard decisions about who gets and who doesn't get treatment need to be sorted out along with abuses of such plans.

HA!  It'll never happen.  Socialized HC in America is a pie in the sky myth.

22 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Actualy HI companies by law can charge smokers double. There is also money built into the price of a pack of smokes for smokers HC. As a result of states suing big tobacco.

That was asked for our HI plan and also for my life insurance. 

2 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Poor diets result in substantially more healthcare costs than cigs, drugs, or vaping. 

2 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Poor diets result in substantially more healthcare costs than cigs, drugs, or vaping. 

Shit yeah they do!  'Murica!  Severe Obesity, unless clinically diagnosed as some type of health defect, should fall under the same criteria as "self induced destruction", IMO.

BUT FIRST...how about we make these god damn insurance companies update their heights and weights scale from the 1920's!!!  I've been "obese" from the 9th grade according to that shit.  SMH.

On 1/21/2019 at 12:56 PM, Zambroski said:

Shit yeah they do!  'Murica!  Severe Obesity, unless clinically diagnosed as some type of health defect, should fall under the same criteria as "self induced destruction", IMO.

BUT FIRST...how about we make these god damn insurance companies update their heights and weights scale from the 1920's!!!  I've been "obese" from the 9th grade according to that shit.  SMH.

“Fat drunk and stupid is no way to go through life”. 

If you take away benefits for what they injest, then lack of excercise and high risk activities will have to be factored in.  No seatbelt in your car or helmet on your bike, fuck you. Sledding??? Are you crazy? Back of the line.  Speeding??? No Dr for you today.  

Healthcare Nazi. 

4 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

“Fat drunk and stupid is no way to go through life”. 

If you take away benefits for what they injest, then lack of excercise and high risk activities will have to be factored in.  No seatbelt in your car or helmet on your bike, fuck you. Sledding??? Are you crazy? Back of the line.  Speeding??? No Dr for you today.  

Healthcare Nazi. 

It started decent...then fell apart toward the end.

”Eating 20 bacon cheeseburgers a day while smoking Marlboro reds until you get drunk enough to fall asleep.....or recreational activity accidents.”

”Same”

• Platinum Contributing Member
On 1/21/2019 at 9:38 AM, Zambroski said:

This is one of my biggest issues with single payer.   ZERO responsibility.   

The FDA is not supposed to allow the sale of any item that can not be used safely.  Is there any safe use of an e-cig? Probably not.  There certainly is no way to use a regular cig safely, but the deals that have been made with big tobacco have allowed them to continue.  In reality, all should not be allowed for sale (according to their mandate).  It wouldn't bother me a bit if they were banned.  Not much worse than the stench of a cigarette or someone who has been smoking one.

Edited by SmeeAgain