Sledding Winter 19

Fozzy

3 hours ago, irv said:

The CDN military were testing these out a few years ago.

Yes. He had it shipped from N.W.T. Said 500 mile range on a tank if fuel. Very well built sled. Polaris primary with a Team secondary. Weight.... He said close to 800 Lb

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone riding this week?

My plan is to trailer to Deep River late Thursday, ride Thursday night and Friday. By the looks of the weather coming on Saturday, this will be it for Ontario other than the far north.

2 hours ago, Fozzy said:

Anyone riding this week?

My plan is to trailer to Deep River late Thursday, ride Thursday night and Friday. By the looks of the weather coming on Saturday, this will be it for Ontario other than the far north.

Fozzy, go to this site http://ontarioconditions.com/forums/ and ask/seek there. 

3 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I've packed it in.  

27 minutes ago, 04nightfire said:

Same here.  Did the oil change, wash and wax.  Ready for next winter

Same. I summerized my son's XLT last week sometime and loaded it on the trailer. Yesterday I did my Vector and this will be the first year since owning it that I am going to put it in storage rather than keep it in the garage. Was a bit of a pain fogging it, removing the battery, etc, on the trailer rather than in the garage but I got it done just the same. The only thing left now is to take them out to storage and spread some moth balls around. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, steve6 said:

Ya I got my last ride in last weekend.. Bring on summer.

04Nightfire what do you use to wax the panels?

IMAG0332.thumb.jpg.fce45db6f03af202a4bed714da815fd9.jpg

Not trying to answer for 04, Steve, but I use Plexis and/or Ipone spray cleaner/wax on most, if not all of the panels. I'll also use 303 protectant on the seat and sometimes use it on the rougher side panels/belly pan areas of the sleds. Plexis has gotten crazy expensive, imo, so I tend to use the Ipone if I can now. I haven't purchased either product in a few years now so I am not even sure what is available anymore?

3 minutes ago, steve6 said:

Ya I got my last ride in last weekend.. Bring on summer.

04Nightfire what do you use to wax the panels?

IMAG0332.thumb.jpg.fce45db6f03af202a4bed714da815fd9.jpg

I use meguiars mirror glaze professional. It’s a cleaner and wax. Will look around for something to do the panels on he sled that aren’t smooth. 

642D7B68-0F45-46E2-80A8-FE435E7B0418.jpeg

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, irv said:

Not trying to answer for 04, Steve, but I use Plexis and/or Ipone spray cleaner/wax on most, if not all of the panels. I'll also use 303 protectant on the seat and sometimes use it on the rougher side panels/belly pan areas of the sleds. Plexis has gotten crazy expensive, imo, so I tend to use the Ipone if I can now. I haven't purchased either product in a few years now so I am not even sure what is available anymore?

Plexis is very good as well.  Ran out of it though

1 minute ago, 04nightfire said:

I use meguiars mirror glaze professional. It’s a cleaner and wax. Will look around for something to do the panels on he sled that aren’t smooth. 

642D7B68-0F45-46E2-80A8-FE435E7B0418.jpeg

Man that shit is so shinny I can see your reflection.  Wanna come over and do mine?

Just now, 04nightfire said:

Plexis is very good as well.  Ran out of it though

It has almost doubled in price since I started using it back in 2005 when I purchased my Grizzly atv. It is good stuff but I don't think it's as good as the price they charge for it. I found Ipone cleaner/wax at Royal for quite a bit less and the can is easily 3X's the size of a Plexis can. 

Meguiar's wax/products are excellent as well but I have exclusively been using Collinite 845 Insulator wax now on my vehicles for at least 10 yrs. Nothing, imo, lasts as long which is what I am after. It can only be purchased online but it is worth the trouble. A bottle will last a very long time as very little product is needed. Warm it, shake it, to the consistency of milk and apply very thinnly. It comes off easy as well and protects against all sorts of things. (tons of info online/youtube/Google, etc. Here's just one)

27 minutes ago, irv said:

It has almost doubled in price since I started using it back in 2005 when I purchased my Grizzly atv. It is good stuff but I don't think it's as good as the price they charge for it. I found Ipone cleaner/wax at Royal for quite a bit less and the can is easily 3X's the size of a Plexis can. 

Meguiar's wax/products are excellent as well but I have exclusively been using Collinite 845 Insulator wax now on my vehicles for at least 10 yrs. Nothing, imo, lasts as long which is what I am after. It can only be purchased online but it is worth the trouble. A bottle will last a very long time as very little product is needed. Warm it, shake it, to the consistency of milk and apply very thinnly. It comes off easy as well and protects against all sorts of things. (tons of info online/youtube/Google, etc. Here's just one)

I'll have to look into that.  I have some rollite product as well here that I'm going to try.  It's used on aircraft and the FIL uses it on his boat.

36 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Man that shit is so shinny I can see your reflection.  Wanna come over and do mine?

LOL.  I barely wanted to do this sled.  For as much as I don't like the sled, gotta keep it looking pristine 

36 minutes ago, 04nightfire said:

I'll have to look into that.  I have some rollite product as well here that I'm going to try.  It's used on aircraft and the FIL uses it on his boat.

It really is an excellent product. I use to belong to a few car detailing forums and that is where I heard of it as some professional detailers also use it. I purchased some and haven't looked back since. I've used on my vehicles, sleds, and boat and I really like how long it lasts. Easily 5 to 6 months no problem which suits me perfectly. Once in the spring and once before the snow flies. Don't get me wrong, Meguiar's is also an excellent product but I think where the Collinite really shines is in the longevity of it. I do my vehicles in the fall and they will still bead somewhat come spring. 

https://www.autogeek.net/collinite-insulator-wax-845.html

HPIM0594 (Large).JPG

IMG_0384 (Large).JPG

IMG_0653 (Large).JPG

Sue's car.JPG

• Like 1